Kellan Lutz visits Best Buddies while in town
Doing his part
Earlier Friday, actor Kellan Lutz visited Best Buddies participants and students at Carrollton School of the Sacred Heart, where he gave a brief speech and posed for photos.
Lutz congratulated the all-girls’ school on being active in community service projects and encouraged them to get behind a cause they’re passionate about. The actor/model also challenged them to use social media to help spark change and make their voices heard.
He spoke about another cause he is committed to, Saving Innocence, which aims to rescue and restore child victims of sex trafficking. Best Buddies Founder and Chairman Anthony K. Shriver and his buddy Jorge Morilla also spoke to the girls about the Best Buddies mission of friendship, jobs, and leadership, as well as the hurtful effects the R-word (retard(ed)) has on people with disabilities.
The students then signed the Spread the Word to End the Word banner, pledging to stop the use of the offensive word. Lutz then posed for a photo with each Best Buddies participant and student in the room; needless to say, this made their day.
On Our Radar
- Miami Dolphins watch party at EPIC pool
- Former Gators quarterback: What I like about Miami
- Nicki Minaj called out by mental health group for Miami Beach incident
- Why Miami will be glad to see 2016 end, in gifs
- A Year in Pitbull
- Kylie and Kendall Jenner seen all over Miami for Art Basel
- Bon Jovi puts on private concert for SiriusXM in Miami Beach
- Sarah Jessica Parker gets her Basel on for the first time
- Cheech Marin is promoting a new ‘substance’ in Miami
- Heidi Klum: She’s an artist, too