Keep it classy for Mother's Day
Show mom how high class you are by taking her to see the symphony for Mother's Day.
Show mom how classy you are by taking her to see the Miami Symphony Orchestra's Romantic Series, the final series of the 2009-2010 season. The show will feature the sounds of Brahms and Tchaikovsky with Gilles Vonsattel gracing the piano to accompany South Florida’s only professional orchestra, under the direction of Grammy-nominated Maestro Eduardo Marturet. The evening's repertoire will include Brahms' Piano Concerto No1 Opus 15 in D Minor and Tchaikovsky's Symphony No 6 Opus 74 in B Minor "Pathetique."
The first 50 moms who arrive at the Gusman Concert Hall on Friday and Lincoln Theatre on Saturday receive a complimentary CD of their live concert performance of An Evening in Vienna. A free gift for mom -- even classier!
Friday, May 7, 8 p.m. at University of Miami’s Gusman Concert Hall, 1314 Miller Drive, Coral Gables. Saturday, May 8, 8 p.m., Lincoln Theatre, 541 Lincoln Road, Miami Beach. To purchase tickets visit http://themiso.org/tickets.php or call 305-275-5666 or email email@example.com. Single tickets are available starting at $15.
Miami Symphony Orchestra's Romantic Series
Friday, May 7, 8 p.m. at University of Miami’s Gusman Concert Hall, 1314 Miller Drive, Coral Gables.
Saturday, May 8, 8 p.m., Lincoln Theatre, 541 Lincoln Road, Miami Beach.
See and Do
- 20 great parks, 20 great outings
- Instagram photos that prove that Biscayne National Park is a dazzling gem
- Check out these 5 events during Downtown Art Days
- 5 free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - Aug 26-28
- 'Star Wars' marathon at the Olympia Theater
- 'Psychic Match' star Deborah Graham talks about finding real love at Books & Books
- Public art to hunt down in Brickell and Downtown
- Surreal dance stories from Cuba
- Comic Iliza Shlesinger to bring her wit and wisdom to West Palm Beach
- 6 free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - Aug. 19-21