Keep it classy for Mother's Day
Show mom how high class you are by taking her to see the symphony for Mother's Day.
Miami Symphony Orchestra's Romantic Series
Friday, May 7, 8 p.m. at University of Miami’s Gusman Concert Hall, 1314 Miller Drive, Coral Gables.
Saturday, May 8, 8 p.m., Lincoln Theatre, 541 Lincoln Road, Miami Beach.
Show mom how classy you are by taking her to see the Miami Symphony Orchestra's Romantic Series, the final series of the 2009-2010 season. The show will feature the sounds of Brahms and Tchaikovsky with Gilles Vonsattel gracing the piano to accompany South Florida’s only professional orchestra, under the direction of Grammy-nominated Maestro Eduardo Marturet. The evening's repertoire will include Brahms' Piano Concerto No1 Opus 15 in D Minor and Tchaikovsky's Symphony No 6 Opus 74 in B Minor "Pathetique."
The first 50 moms who arrive at the Gusman Concert Hall on Friday and Lincoln Theatre on Saturday receive a complimentary CD of their live concert performance of An Evening in Vienna. A free gift for mom -- even classier!
Friday, May 7, 8 p.m. at University of Miami’s Gusman Concert Hall, 1314 Miller Drive, Coral Gables. Saturday, May 8, 8 p.m., Lincoln Theatre, 541 Lincoln Road, Miami Beach. To purchase tickets visit http://themiso.org/tickets.php or call 305-275-5666 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Single tickets are available starting at $15.
See and Do
- Marshmallows, free yoga, American Girl crafts & freebie fun: Munchkin Fun's top picks
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Jan. 23-25
- Fairchild's International Chocolate Festival returns
- ‘Late Night’ host Seth Meyers goes back to stand up roots in Miami
- Chocolate festivals, family gardening, American Girl & Home Depot: Top picks Jan 20-25
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Jan. 16-18
- Festival of Chocolate arrives in Miami this weekend
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Jan. 16-18
- Shakespeare Miami takes on ‘The Tempest’
- Tamiami International Orchid Festival unites lovers of exotic plants