Kathie Lee and Frank Gifford soak up Key Largo vibe
Alabama Jacks, the Key Largo spot that sits on stilts and serves up burgers, beers and conch fritters, was the place to be on New Year’s Day for lunch.
In between the band, the boatloads of people and the clogging frauleins were none other than Kathie Lee Gifford and her hubby, Frank, along with their dog, a teacup Maltipoo Bambino, cradled in Kathie Lee’s arms.
The couple have a home at the swanky Ocean Reef Club, just down the road from the Alabama Jacks. But Ocean Reef is a world away from the bar-restaurant, with its Harley-loving bikers and beer-swilling crowds. The Giffords apparently are regulars on New Year’s Day, said a waitress.
The Today show co-host and former New York Giants standout and Pro Football Hall of Famer attracted scores of fans on their way out, including the dancing frauleins.
On Our Radar
- Here's the buzz: Honey is a sweet trend
- DJ Irie, the official DJ for the Miami Heat, takes us inside the NBA Finals
- Chef gives tips on enjoying a unique July 4
- You're invited to Nordstrom's Beauty Bash
- Karent Sierra headed to jail (not really)
- Lil Wayne finally pays up
- Boca Raton native Ariana Grande: lots going on
- Target teams with Lauren Bush's Feed Project
- One Direction surprises fans on Miami Beach
- Band WAR playing at Magic City Casino