Kathie Lee and Frank Gifford soak up Key Largo vibe
Alabama Jacks, the Key Largo spot that sits on stilts and serves up burgers, beers and conch fritters, was the place to be on New Year’s Day for lunch.
In between the band, the boatloads of people and the clogging frauleins were none other than Kathie Lee Gifford and her hubby, Frank, along with their dog, a teacup Maltipoo Bambino, cradled in Kathie Lee’s arms.
The couple have a home at the swanky Ocean Reef Club, just down the road from the Alabama Jacks. But Ocean Reef is a world away from the bar-restaurant, with its Harley-loving bikers and beer-swilling crowds. The Giffords apparently are regulars on New Year’s Day, said a waitress.
The Today show co-host and former New York Giants standout and Pro Football Hall of Famer attracted scores of fans on their way out, including the dancing frauleins.
On Our Radar
- Pampering event with celebrity stylist
- LeBron James to meet with Heat front office
- U.S. soccer players kick it at the Clevelander Hotel
- Warren Sapp tip flap
- Clevelander Hotel hosts homecoming party for U.S. soccer players Jozy Altidore, Damarcus Beasley and Fabian Johnson on Sunday
- Soccer star Alex Morgan gets her kicks in Miami Beach
- David Beckham H&M underwear ads released
- Want to be a movie star? Camp tells you how
- Miami rapper Rick Ross arrested
- Florida firefighters who know how to cook needed