Kate Upton makes appearance at Express fashion event on Miami Beach
Hosts show at The Raleigh Hotel on South Beach
Florida girl Kate Upton came back to her home state Thursday (March 13) to show her support for Express clothing at a fashion show at The Raleigh Hotel in Miami Beach.
The Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue cover girl, 21, just inked a modeling deal with the retailer and thinks it’s a good fit, literally.
“I love jeans, so that’s another reason it’s kind of awesome to be with Express,” said Upton, in a strapless white dress, cropped blazer and flat sandals. “Jeans and boots and a nice top is like my uniform.”
But a favorite thing to do when she gets down south is not shopping. Upton would rather go to the beach and eat at Joe’s Stone Crab.
A big trend for spring? “Pencil skirts and cropped tops,” said Upton, who makes it back home to see her family during the holidays. The sometime actress’s more immediate plans include promoting her latest movie, The Other Woman, out next month.
On Our Radar
- Wilmer Valderrama in Miami
- Vanilla Ice headed to the Design District?
- Thrive Seminar, Nelson Foundation will award local entrepreneur $10,000 on Thursday on Miami Beach
- Comedian Jo Koy at Magic City Casino
- Want to get gorgeous fast? Glamsquad is one solution
- Puff Daddy and pals to take stage at Fontainebleau
- Miami Marlins star Giancarlo Stanton single & looking
- Brandon Flowers cancels Fillmore concert
- Zac Efron makes surprise visit to Regal, spins at Grand Central
- Ice Cube and co in town for 'Straight Outta Compton'