Kat Von D back to Miami ink
Tattoo Chronicles signing at Books and Books
Trading her ink needles for an ink pen, tattoo artist and reality-TV star Kat Von D is promoting her new book, The Tattoo Chronicles. Von D, 28, is the owner of High Voltage Tattoo in Hollywood, Calif., and the star of the TLC series based there, "L.A. Ink." Many may remember during her time on Miami Ink.
She's also famously dating Sandra Bullock's ex, Jesse James, but she won't comment on that. She will discuss her art - Kat says in the book she sometimes feel like a therapist as clients talk while getting inked up. "When you give a tattoo, generally it's very monumental for a person, and it's an up-close and intimate time while you're tattooing them. And they feel they're not gonna be judged, and they openly share and know they'll be listened to," she says.
On Our Radar
- Giving advice on the modeling industry
- Maks Chmerkovskiy dancing into town
- Want to buy Scottie Pippen's house?
- Meet Jason Taylor at Macy's
- Popular TV anchor Louis Aguirre leaving Miami for Hollywood gig
- Diana Ross headlining annual gala
- Duran Duran movie coming to Miami Beach Cinematheque
- Tryouts for Estefan musical at Arsht
- Erasure kicks off its world tour at The Fillmore
- Bon Jovi rocker Tico Torres a SoBe fixture