Kat Von D back to Miami ink
Tattoo Chronicles signing at Books and Books
Trading her ink needles for an ink pen, tattoo artist and reality-TV star Kat Von D is promoting her new book, The Tattoo Chronicles. Von D, 28, is the owner of High Voltage Tattoo in Hollywood, Calif., and the star of the TLC series based there, "L.A. Ink." Many may remember during her time on Miami Ink.
She's also famously dating Sandra Bullock's ex, Jesse James, but she won't comment on that. She will discuss her art - Kat says in the book she sometimes feel like a therapist as clients talk while getting inked up. "When you give a tattoo, generally it's very monumental for a person, and it's an up-close and intimate time while you're tattooing them. And they feel they're not gonna be judged, and they openly share and know they'll be listened to," she says.
On Our Radar
- Jennifer Lopez to perform free concert at Bayfront Park in support of Hillary Clinton
- Which Miami neighborhood will be the next to be ‘Art-Washed’?
- Five reasons to not give up on the Miami Heat
- Larsa and Scottie Pippen to divorce after 19 years
- Boo Madea star Tyler Perry: I don't like Halloween
- Florida has better taste in Halloween candy than most other states, says survey
- Phil Collins: 'I don’t like Miami particularly'
- DJ Irie gets put in the hot seat this Saturday at his own celebrity roast
- King Tide floods the streets of South Florida
- Jose Fernandez may get his own Miami street