Justin Bieber's mom coming to town for book signing
Pop idol Justin Bieber's mom Pattie Mallette visits Miami to sign her book.
Justin Bieber’s mom, Pattie Mallette, is on a mission with a new teen edition of her memoir, Nowhere But Up (Revell). It’s a resource for young people in crisis, as she was once.
Mallette, who gave birth to Bieber when she was just 18 in Canada, hopes by sharing her story she can offer help and healing. “I have more than 2 million followers on Twitter who call me Mom,” said Mallette, who will be doing two local book signings Friday. “I want to send the message of ‘Hey, If I can do it, you can do it.’ ”
Being a parent of a teenager is one of the hardest jobs out there. Try doing it with a pop star with millions upon millions of fans and the world watching his every move. That said, would she advise other parents to enter their children into showbiz? “We didn’t go looking for all of this. He just went to a local singing competition and put his videos on YouTube and the whole thing kind of spiraled and opened doors. Then I was just careful that we had good representation and good people around us. We took it one day at a time.”
Mallette’s signings: Noon Friday, Books and Books Lincoln Road, 305-532-3222; 3 p.m. Barnes & Noble, Federal Highway, Fort Lauderdale, 954-561-3732.
On Our Radar
- Armand Assante remembers 'Mambo Kings' premiere
- Zika cases found in Miami Beach, pregnant women warned to stay away by CDC
- Kanye West's Life of Pablo pop up shop in Miami
- Miami hurdler Brianna Rollins rules!
- Disney princess Aimee Carrero a Miami girl
- Are Anna Kournikova and Enrique Iglesias married?
- 6 things to do so you don't get Zika
- Refrain From Ever Becoming A Plastic Surgery Nightmare with Dr. Nassif's Beauty Tips
- Cristiano Ronaldo spied out in Miami
- Ex Housewife Ana Quincoces fails to win Next Food Network Star