Moca Cafe & Lounge taps Top Chef alum Ron Duprat as Execu Chef
NoMi Haitian restaurant taps into Top Chef talent
738 NE 125th Street
Moca Cafe & Lounge, a remodeled North Miami restaurant that, according to a mouthpiece "celebrates Haitian cuisine and history," has tapped Top Chef season 6 contestant Ron Duprat as its executive chef. Says owner Rodney Noel, "We are putting a twist on Caribbean cuisine . . . We're very proud to add Chef Duprat to our already service focused team." Duprat's pretty psyched too, saying " I’ve always wanted to bring Caribbean flavors with a European flair to the Miami area and Moca Cafe is the place to do it." The restaurant will serve lunch and dinner while the lounge will offer spoken word, comedy (Top Chef jokes anyone?) and jazz nights, among other things.
- Executive Chef Wanted: E. Michael Reidt out at Area 31
- Social media stalking travel app names Perricone's as Miami's #1 restaurant
- As the Rumor Mill Churns: Il Mulino to South Beach & a blind item
- Umami Burger South Beach opening at 11 a.m. May 10
- Cipriani opening Friday, May 10
- Area 31 expands outdoor terrace while indoors gets a revamp
- World of Beer Midtown opening May 6
- Michael Mina reportedly opening second Miami restaurant in the Fontainebleau
- STK Miami closed for a "disco nap"
- A new chocolate/ wine shop in the works from Buena Vista Bistro/Deli duo