Moca Cafe & Lounge taps Top Chef alum Ron Duprat as Execu Chef
NoMi Haitian restaurant taps into Top Chef talent
738 NE 125th Street
Moca Cafe & Lounge, a remodeled North Miami restaurant that, according to a mouthpiece "celebrates Haitian cuisine and history," has tapped Top Chef season 6 contestant Ron Duprat as its executive chef. Says owner Rodney Noel, "We are putting a twist on Caribbean cuisine . . . We're very proud to add Chef Duprat to our already service focused team." Duprat's pretty psyched too, saying " I’ve always wanted to bring Caribbean flavors with a European flair to the Miami area and Moca Cafe is the place to do it." The restaurant will serve lunch and dinner while the lounge will offer spoken word, comedy (Top Chef jokes anyone?) and jazz nights, among other things.
- Albert Trummer's Drawing Room Bar & Lounge to open at new Shelborne
- Seasalt & Pepper slammed with new lawsuits
- La Maison owes $12,922.69 in back rent
- Adria Alum opening Piripi in the Gables
- London's Coya opening on Brickell
- Unlimited tacos and beer for $18.21 debuts at Toro Toro
- New kitchen leadership at Bocce Bar
- Mignonette oyster bar in Miami's Edgwater slated for Aug. 1 opening and we have the menu!
- Jerry's Famous Deli on South Beach is now closed
- Now open: N by Naoe, Kevin Cory's new Brickell Key prix fixe lunch spot