Moca Cafe & Lounge taps Top Chef alum Ron Duprat as Execu Chef
NoMi Haitian restaurant taps into Top Chef talent
Moca Cafe & Lounge, a remodeled North Miami restaurant that, according to a mouthpiece "celebrates Haitian cuisine and history," has tapped Top Chef season 6 contestant Ron Duprat as its executive chef. Says owner Rodney Noel, "We are putting a twist on Caribbean cuisine . . . We're very proud to add Chef Duprat to our already service focused team." Duprat's pretty psyched too, saying " I’ve always wanted to bring Caribbean flavors with a European flair to the Miami area and Moca Cafe is the place to do it." The restaurant will serve lunch and dinner while the lounge will offer spoken word, comedy (Top Chef jokes anyone?) and jazz nights, among other things.
738 NE 125th Street
- Where to find artisanal chocolate in South Florida
- These are the most popular Indian restaurants in Miami
- How to get gourmet clean eating in South Beach
- RIP Randazzo's Little Italy in Coral Gables
- Who has Miami's favorite acai bowls? Yelp! weighs in
- Tap 42 opening second Miami location in ex-Aperio space in Midtown
- Nibble + Squeak dining club for "parents with pipsqueaks" launches in Miami August 24 at Mignonette
- The Rumor Mill: Murmurs of more Miami restaurant, market closings and chef firings . . .
- 305 Brews beer and coffee bar opening in August in Midtown Miami
- Alex Chang leaves The Vagabond, which will re-debut with new chef, new name