Moca Cafe & Lounge taps Top Chef alum Ron Duprat as Execu Chef
NoMi Haitian restaurant taps into Top Chef talent
738 NE 125th Street
Moca Cafe & Lounge, a remodeled North Miami restaurant that, according to a mouthpiece "celebrates Haitian cuisine and history," has tapped Top Chef season 6 contestant Ron Duprat as its executive chef. Says owner Rodney Noel, "We are putting a twist on Caribbean cuisine . . . We're very proud to add Chef Duprat to our already service focused team." Duprat's pretty psyched too, saying " I’ve always wanted to bring Caribbean flavors with a European flair to the Miami area and Moca Cafe is the place to do it." The restaurant will serve lunch and dinner while the lounge will offer spoken word, comedy (Top Chef jokes anyone?) and jazz nights, among other things.
- David's Cafe on Collins closing after 37 years
- Blackbrick Brings on the Brunch
- Pubbelly introduces PB Fish, a seafood pop-up at PB Steak starting April 8
- AQ by Acqualina, featuring Dewey LoSasso & Hiro's Yakko San
- Mansion morphing into "Miami-style country western line dancing" club with Blue Collar's Danny Serfer serving "large plates"
- Las Olas hot spot American Social opening in ex Waxy O'Connor's space
- Allen Susser's Daily Melt grilling the cheese up in Fort Lauderdale on April 1
- Brewery Ommegang's HopChef competition heads to Miami in April
- Nina Compton cooks at Swine Southern Table & Bar on April 24
- Loba, "Latin spice and Southern Comfort" coming to Biscayne Blvd.