Just As You Were
Nightlife photographer Jipsy fills Butter Gallery with pictures of Miamians doing some serious partying.
Just As You Were by Jipsy
Opening Reception: Tuesday, March 8
When: 7 - 10 p.m.
Where: Butter Gallery, 2303 NW Second Ave., Miami
Details: Open to the public. Complimentary Zignum Mezcal cocktails (margaritas and on the rocks selections).
Most people who hit the clubs on the weekend have seen photographer Jipsy capture locals as they rage all night. She has been a fixture on Miami's nightlife scene for years and has documented countless nights of pure, unadulterated partying.
The revelers she likes to snap photos of aren't the cordoned off bottle service crowd. “There’s another side of Miami nightlife that the glossy magazines don’t always show. I gravitate to the people who dress up in their own style and are usually not in the VIP. Most of the time these are the people who stood on line, paid their entrance and came to dance without any intention of being in front of the camera,” she said.
Wynwood's Butter Gallery hosts Jipsy's first solo show, Just As You Were, featuring six years of pictures from inside Miami's clubs. The show was curated from thousands of photographs taken by Jipsy and gives a tour of Miami's eclectic party scene.
See and Do
- Marshmallows, free yoga, American Girl crafts & freebie fun: Munchkin Fun's top picks
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Jan. 23-25
- Fairchild's International Chocolate Festival returns
- ‘Late Night’ host Seth Meyers goes back to stand up roots in Miami
- Chocolate festivals, family gardening, American Girl & Home Depot: Top picks Jan 20-25
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Jan. 16-18
- Festival of Chocolate arrives in Miami this weekend
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Jan. 16-18
- Shakespeare Miami takes on ‘The Tempest’
- Tamiami International Orchid Festival unites lovers of exotic plants