Just As You Were
Nightlife photographer Jipsy fills Butter Gallery with pictures of Miamians doing some serious partying.
Just As You Were by Jipsy
Opening Reception: Tuesday, March 8
When: 7 - 10 p.m.
Where: Butter Gallery, 2303 NW Second Ave., Miami
Details: Open to the public. Complimentary Zignum Mezcal cocktails (margaritas and on the rocks selections).
Most people who hit the clubs on the weekend have seen photographer Jipsy capture locals as they rage all night. She has been a fixture on Miami's nightlife scene for years and has documented countless nights of pure, unadulterated partying.
The revelers she likes to snap photos of aren't the cordoned off bottle service crowd. “There’s another side of Miami nightlife that the glossy magazines don’t always show. I gravitate to the people who dress up in their own style and are usually not in the VIP. Most of the time these are the people who stood on line, paid their entrance and came to dance without any intention of being in front of the camera,” she said.
Wynwood's Butter Gallery hosts Jipsy's first solo show, Just As You Were, featuring six years of pictures from inside Miami's clubs. The show was curated from thousands of photographs taken by Jipsy and gives a tour of Miami's eclectic party scene.
See and Do
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - April 17-19
- Miami Science Museum hosts annual Galaxy Gala and Big Bang fundraiser
- Dennis Watkins brings magic back to the Arsht in ‘The Magnificents’
- South Beach Comedy Festival celebrates a decade of jokes
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - April 10-12
- Tortuga Festival returns to Fort Lauderdale with Kenny Chesney and more
- South Beach Comedy Festival celebrates one decade of jokes
- Top 5 things to do at Miami Beach Gay Pride
- Miami Riverday Festival celebrates the Miami River's storied past
- Miami’s Mad Cat causes ‘Earthquake’ at Comedy Fest