Just As You Were
Nightlife photographer Jipsy fills Butter Gallery with pictures of Miamians doing some serious partying.
Most people who hit the clubs on the weekend have seen photographer Jipsy capture locals as they rage all night. She has been a fixture on Miami's nightlife scene for years and has documented countless nights of pure, unadulterated partying.
The revelers she likes to snap photos of aren't the cordoned off bottle service crowd. “There’s another side of Miami nightlife that the glossy magazines don’t always show. I gravitate to the people who dress up in their own style and are usually not in the VIP. Most of the time these are the people who stood on line, paid their entrance and came to dance without any intention of being in front of the camera,” she said.
Wynwood's Butter Gallery hosts Jipsy's first solo show, Just As You Were, featuring six years of pictures from inside Miami's clubs. The show was curated from thousands of photographs taken by Jipsy and gives a tour of Miami's eclectic party scene.
Just As You Were by Jipsy
Opening Reception: Tuesday, March 8
When: 7 - 10 p.m.
Where: Butter Gallery, 2303 NW Second Ave., Miami
Details: Open to the public. Complimentary Zignum Mezcal cocktails (margaritas and on the rocks selections).
See and Do
- Our favorite Miami stories this week
- 6 free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - July 29-31
- 6 Best Places to Take Miami Newbies
- 5 things that will always remind you you're in Miami
- 5 reasons why mango season is the best time to be in Miami
- 5 kinds of guys you'll wind up meeting in Miami's dating scene
- Friends of The Underline hosts #PokemonGoUnderline social media contest
- So you think you can dance? Prove it on National Dance Day with the Miami City Ballet
- 7 things you must taste when in Miami
- 9 Instagram-Worthy Photo Opps in Miami