Just As You Were
Nightlife photographer Jipsy fills Butter Gallery with pictures of Miamians doing some serious partying.
Most people who hit the clubs on the weekend have seen photographer Jipsy capture locals as they rage all night. She has been a fixture on Miami's nightlife scene for years and has documented countless nights of pure, unadulterated partying.
The revelers she likes to snap photos of aren't the cordoned off bottle service crowd. “There’s another side of Miami nightlife that the glossy magazines don’t always show. I gravitate to the people who dress up in their own style and are usually not in the VIP. Most of the time these are the people who stood on line, paid their entrance and came to dance without any intention of being in front of the camera,” she said.
Wynwood's Butter Gallery hosts Jipsy's first solo show, Just As You Were, featuring six years of pictures from inside Miami's clubs. The show was curated from thousands of photographs taken by Jipsy and gives a tour of Miami's eclectic party scene.
Just As You Were by Jipsy
Opening Reception: Tuesday, March 8
When: 7 - 10 p.m.
Where: Butter Gallery, 2303 NW Second Ave., Miami
Details: Open to the public. Complimentary Zignum Mezcal cocktails (margaritas and on the rocks selections).
See and Do
- Prism Creative Group has Miami's social itinerary - Dec. 1-15
- Free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - Dec. 2-4
- Super 8 Motels is ditching its old art and it can be yours
- 7 Reactions Cuban Americans Had to Fidel Castro’s Death
- Events in Miami in December 2016
- Courtney Love can now scratch musical theater off her bucket list
- Five Things to do After Stuffing Yourself on Thanksgiving
- All the feels locals have during Art Basel
- Weekend events in Miami that won't leave you broke - Nov. 18-20
- Six Things you didn’t know about Miami Children’s Museum