July 4th dining in Miami
July 4th dining in Miami: Bring on the BBQ, beer & fireworks
Bring on the BBQ & fireworks - here's where to eat, drink & celebrate Independence Day in Miami...
- Angelique Euro Cafe is celebrating "booms, beers and burgers" with a free beer with purchase of any burger, 2 for $6 import beers and 2 for $8 select craft beers. 117 Miracle Mile, Coral Gables; 305-529-9922
- Area 31 is offering 16th-floor firework views and specially-priced cocktails & bites including rock shrimp ceviche and watermelon mojitos from 5-10pm. 270 Biscayne Blvd, Miami; 305-424-5234
- BGR The Burger Joint get patriotic with its red, white and blue burger topped with tomato, Bleu cheese, red onion and bacon ($10.99). Wash it down with an orange creamsicle shake ($4.99). Prices and specials are valid though July. 232 Miracle Mile, Coral Gables; 305-461-9989 or 13668 SW 88 St, Miami; 305-386-5658
- Bianca at Delano reels in Independence Day with a backyard BBQ featuring ribs, lobsters, oysters, white truffle ice cream, live music and kid-friendly activities from 4-10pm. $75 per person. 1685 Collins Ave, Miami Beach; 305-674-5752
- The Biltmore Hotel is hosting the Coral Gables community celebration featuring fireworks and a performance by the Greater Miami Symphonic Band. Invest $115 per adult ($40 per child) and enjoy specialty seating, an all-American cookout featuring a salad bar, a grill station, dessert and an open bar from 4-9:45pm. 1200 Anastasia Ave, Coral Gables; 305-913-3246
- Bistro One LR is hosting its first annual July 4th BBQ featuring chicken, peach glazed pork ribs, half lb. burgers, Yukon potato wedges and coleslaw from noon-4pm. Wash it all down with red, white & blue sangrias for $4 a glass. Bonus - wine lovers can enjoy 50% off American vintages from 5-10pm. BBQ $17.76. per person. 1 Lincoln Rd, Miami Beach; 786-276-4000.
- Brother Jimmy’s “salutes the nation” with an old-fashioned block party from 4-10pm. Highlights include live music and complimentary pig roast, Sailor Jerry Rum cocktails, twisted tea and select domestic beers. 900 S Miami Ave, Brickell; 786-360-3650
- GG’s Waterfront Bar & Grill celebrates with an all-day happy hour. From 11am-11pm, enjoy $6.50 martinis, $2.50 domestic beers, $3 imports and $6-$7 appetizers. 606 N Ocean Dr, Hollywood; 954-929-7030
- La Gloutonnerie is offering a three-course menu featuring salad Antibes, flank steak and swordfish. $40. 81 Washington Ave, Miami Beach; 305-503-3811
- Juvia is offering a reservations-only a la carte dinner featuring hamachi espuma, salmon nashi, roasted chicken Vadouvan, Chilean sea bass and a rooftop fireworks view. Choose between 7:30 or 10pm seatings. 1111 Lincoln Rd, Miami Beach; 305-763-8272
- The Mayfair Hotel celebrates poolside with a rooftop BBQ stocked with burgers, hot dogs, pulled pork and a “make your own” Cobb salad station. $18.95 adults, $12.50 per child 10 and under. 3000 Florida Ave, Coconut Grove; 305-441-0000
- Michy's is packing up $50 fried chicken & rib dinners, inviting diners to place orders by 4pm July 2 and pick up July 4 between 3-6:30pm. Choose between the fried chicken dinner (a whole chicken, mashed potatoes & gravy, coleslaw, 2 biscuits and 2 red velvet cupcakes) or the rib platter (1/½ lbs of ribs, mashed potatoes & gravy, coleslaw, 2 biscuits and 2 red velvet cupcakes). 6927 Biscayne Blvd, Miami; 305-759-2001
- Peacock Garden Café rings in the festivities with views of the Peacock Park firework display, an extended "healthy happy hour" from 4-9pm and red, white & blue sangria for $5 per glass or $16 per pitcher. 2889 McFarlane Rd, Coconut Grove; 305-774-3332
- The Rusty Pelican presents an “All American Barbeque buffet” featuring potato salad, all beef hot dogs, guava barbecue ribs, mac n’ cheese and Georgia peach cobbler. $65 per adult, $25 per child 12 and under. 3201 Rickenbacker Cswy, Key Biscayne; 305-361-3818
- Shake Shack celebrates with a limited-edition Shack Corn Dog & Blueberry Pie, Oh My concrete. Feast on a corn-battered dog with sweet corn relish and wash it down with vanilla frozen custard blended with blueberry pie - both are available from July 3-5 only. 1111 Lincoln Rd, Miami Beach; 305-434-7
- Yardbird is offering specialty half bird ($24) and full-bird ($48) dinners featuring char-grilled chicken, fingerling potato salad, Gulf shrimp "cole slaw," corn on the cob and cornbread. Wash it all down with $9-$10 specialty cocktails including the red rasberry bourbon sour, white peach ginger sling and the blueberry balsamic breeze. 1600 Lennox Ave, Miami Beach; 305-538-5220
- The List: Oceanaire's Kareem Anguin
- Miami Beach's Macchialina to open in Asheville
- Fresh American Bistro debuts in Sunny Isles
- The List: Seagrape's Michelle Bernstein
- Pubbelly and Wynwood Brewing Co. to open restaurant, beer bar on cruise ship
- Are these the best restaurants in South Florida?
- La Nuit en Rosé wine festival coming to Miami Beach Edition
- Miami's 15 most anticipated restaurants of 2015
- The List: 50 Eggs' John Kunkel
- The Burgies: Who will be South Florida's 2015 comfort-food champions?