Is Julio Cabrera Miami's best bartender?
After winning a local Campari Best Aperitivo Cocktail Competition, Sra. Martinez's master mixologist takes a national title
Sra. Martinez's Julio Cabrera, who back in April won a spot at the Manhattan Cocktail Classic via a United States Bartenders' Guild Campari cocktail competition, was the big winner at The USBG Mixing Star bartending competition sponsored by DISARONNO last night in Las Vegas at The Palazzo’s Azure Pool. The competition was the culmination of a nationwide bartending competition seeking a bartender with “stage presence” and “star quality”. Cabrera not only takes the title of USBG's Mixing Star, but wins a trip to Mumbai, India for a chance to appear in a Bollywood film. His winning cocktail? The Pearfecta Vita. Recipe below:
1 oz. DISARONNO
1 oz. Remy Martin VSOP
.75 oz.Pear Nectar
.25 oz.Herbes de Provence Honey Syrup
.5 oz.Lemon Juice
Shake and serve up in a martini glass. Rim the glass with herbes de provence powder sugar and garnish with two slices of fresh pear.
- New at Townhouse: K Ramen. Burger. Beer. Plus rooftop "destination" The Cape
- COYO Taco's Scott Linquist opens OLLA Nov. 28 on Lincoln Road
- Bazaar Mar by José Andrés at SLS Brickell open for biz Nov. 22
- My Ceviche opening 6th outpost later this month at The Shops at Midtown
- Is Jack Nicholson an investor in a soon-to-open Miami restaurant?
- Michael Schwartz's Fi'lia opens in Brickell next week
- Brazil's 24/7 French bistro Paris 6 opening October 24 on Miami Beach
- Mignonette opening second location in ex-Gourmet Diner space on Biscayne
- Ferran Adrià, Jorge Muñoz, Aaron Mulliss & Nick Beardshaw in Miami for Estrella Damm Gastronomy Congress
- Soyka's second act: Miami restaurateur to open first restaurant in 15 years