Is Julio Cabrera Miami's best bartender?
After winning a local Campari Best Aperitivo Cocktail Competition, Sra. Martinez's master mixologist takes a national title
Sra. Martinez's Julio Cabrera, who back in April won a spot at the Manhattan Cocktail Classic via a United States Bartenders' Guild Campari cocktail competition, was the big winner at The USBG Mixing Star bartending competition sponsored by DISARONNO last night in Las Vegas at The Palazzo’s Azure Pool. The competition was the culmination of a nationwide bartending competition seeking a bartender with “stage presence” and “star quality”. Cabrera not only takes the title of USBG's Mixing Star, but wins a trip to Mumbai, India for a chance to appear in a Bollywood film. His winning cocktail? The Pearfecta Vita. Recipe below:
1 oz. DISARONNO
1 oz. Remy Martin VSOP
.75 oz.Pear Nectar
.25 oz.Herbes de Provence Honey Syrup
.5 oz.Lemon Juice
Shake and serve up in a martini glass. Rim the glass with herbes de provence powder sugar and garnish with two slices of fresh pear.
- How to get gourmet clean eating in South Beach
- RIP Randazzo's Little Italy in Coral Gables
- Who has Miami's favorite acai bowls? Yelp! weighs in
- Tap 42 opening second Miami location in ex-Aperio space in Midtown
- Nibble + Squeak dining club for "parents with pipsqueaks" launches in Miami August 24 at Mignonette
- The Rumor Mill: Murmurs of more Miami restaurant, market closings and chef firings . . .
- 305 Brews beer and coffee bar opening in August in Midtown Miami
- Alex Chang leaves The Vagabond, which will re-debut with new chef, new name
- Food Network chef Ben Vaughn joins Swine Southern Table & Bar for 2-month takeover
- Michael Pirolo, Aaron Brooks & Niven Patel join Kaytlin Brakefield on 3-course collab