Is Julio Cabrera Miami's best bartender?
After winning a local Campari Best Aperitivo Cocktail Competition, Sra. Martinez's master mixologist takes a national title
Sra. Martinez's Julio Cabrera, who back in April won a spot at the Manhattan Cocktail Classic via a United States Bartenders' Guild Campari cocktail competition, was the big winner at The USBG Mixing Star bartending competition sponsored by DISARONNO last night in Las Vegas at The Palazzo’s Azure Pool. The competition was the culmination of a nationwide bartending competition seeking a bartender with “stage presence” and “star quality”. Cabrera not only takes the title of USBG's Mixing Star, but wins a trip to Mumbai, India for a chance to appear in a Bollywood film. His winning cocktail? The Pearfecta Vita. Recipe below:
1 oz. DISARONNO
1 oz. Remy Martin VSOP
.75 oz.Pear Nectar
.25 oz.Herbes de Provence Honey Syrup
.5 oz.Lemon Juice
Shake and serve up in a martini glass. Rim the glass with herbes de provence powder sugar and garnish with two slices of fresh pear.
- Albert Trummer's Drawing Room Bar & Lounge to open at new Shelborne
- Seasalt & Pepper slammed with new lawsuits
- La Maison owes $12,922.69 in back rent
- Adria Alum opening Piripi in the Gables
- London's Coya opening on Brickell
- Unlimited tacos and beer for $18.21 debuts at Toro Toro
- New kitchen leadership at Bocce Bar
- Mignonette oyster bar in Miami's Edgwater slated for Aug. 1 opening and we have the menu!
- Jerry's Famous Deli on South Beach is now closed
- Now open: N by Naoe, Kevin Cory's new Brickell Key prix fixe lunch spot