Is Julio Cabrera Miami's best bartender?
After winning a local Campari Best Aperitivo Cocktail Competition, Sra. Martinez's master mixologist takes a national title
Sra. Martinez's Julio Cabrera, who back in April won a spot at the Manhattan Cocktail Classic via a United States Bartenders' Guild Campari cocktail competition, was the big winner at The USBG Mixing Star bartending competition sponsored by DISARONNO last night in Las Vegas at The Palazzo’s Azure Pool. The competition was the culmination of a nationwide bartending competition seeking a bartender with “stage presence” and “star quality”. Cabrera not only takes the title of USBG's Mixing Star, but wins a trip to Mumbai, India for a chance to appear in a Bollywood film. His winning cocktail? The Pearfecta Vita. Recipe below:
1 oz. DISARONNO
1 oz. Remy Martin VSOP
.75 oz.Pear Nectar
.25 oz.Herbes de Provence Honey Syrup
.5 oz.Lemon Juice
Shake and serve up in a martini glass. Rim the glass with herbes de provence powder sugar and garnish with two slices of fresh pear.
- The Bridge Cocktail Bar's December takeover of The Local Craft Food & Drink
- Kevin Cory transforms NAOE sibling into N Shabu Shabu
- Alinea in Residence comes to Miami: Chef Grant Achatz to pop up at Faena Miami Beach
- Former Miami restaurant owner Joshua Woodward pleaded no contest Friday to attempted murder for trying to induce a miscarriage
- Jose Garces planning Miami restaurant
- Update: CANCELED Brooklyn's Pies 'n' Thighs pops up at the Mondrian
- Restaurant Michael Schwartz is out at the Raleigh Hotel on South Beach
- Raleigh on the sale rack and Restaurant Michael Schwartz out?
- Luther Campbell hosts dinner party at Mignonette on November 11
- Chef Jeremiah & Roel Alcudia team up on gastroDobo, a 1-night Filipino pop-up in Wynwood