Is Julio Cabrera Miami's best bartender?
After winning a local Campari Best Aperitivo Cocktail Competition, Sra. Martinez's master mixologist takes a national title
Sra. Martinez's Julio Cabrera, who back in April won a spot at the Manhattan Cocktail Classic via a United States Bartenders' Guild Campari cocktail competition, was the big winner at The USBG Mixing Star bartending competition sponsored by DISARONNO last night in Las Vegas at The Palazzo’s Azure Pool. The competition was the culmination of a nationwide bartending competition seeking a bartender with “stage presence” and “star quality”. Cabrera not only takes the title of USBG's Mixing Star, but wins a trip to Mumbai, India for a chance to appear in a Bollywood film. His winning cocktail? The Pearfecta Vita. Recipe below:
1 oz. DISARONNO
1 oz. Remy Martin VSOP
.75 oz.Pear Nectar
.25 oz.Herbes de Provence Honey Syrup
.5 oz.Lemon Juice
Shake and serve up in a martini glass. Rim the glass with herbes de provence powder sugar and garnish with two slices of fresh pear.
- From 1826 to 50 Eggs: Danny Grant to helm 'two new concepts' for John Kunkel's growing culinary empire
- Exclusive! Top Chef Masters' Patricia Yeo is Khong River House's new executive chef
- Japanese speakeasy BLK Orchid opening at Townhouse Hotel Oct. 17
- Coyo Taco Wynwood opening mid November
- Kris Wessel's A.I.R. near Lincoln Road closing after less than 2 months
- Miami Smokers opening retail shop & deli in Little Havana
- Chef Jeremiah's swinesational P.I.G. 5 lineup announced!
- Tickets now on sale for LUCKYRICE Festival's 5th Anniversary by Bombay Sapphire East and hosted by Masaharu Morimoto
- The Rumor Mill: Brad Kilgore leaving J&G Grill? Danny Grant out at 1826? Taperia Raca & more
- Giorgio Rapicavoli’s Taperia Raca sold, closed