Juliette Lewis: rocker girl
Actress wears musician hat at Fins game
The event starts at 7 p.m. at Land Shark Tailgate Stage at Sun Life Stadium (2267 Dan Marino Blvd.), Miami Gardens. Free admission to the concert for those who have tickets to the game.
Juliette Lewis gets to live in both worlds … as movie star and rock star. The actress, 37, is set to perform before Thursday night's Bears-Dolphins game with her L.A. thrasher band The Licks. But it's not like she's given up her day job. In this year alone, Lewis has been busy doing both comedy (costarring as Jennifer Aniston's pal in The Switch) and drama ( as real-life witness Roseanna Perry in Conviction). Again, Lewis is creating Oscar talk for the latter role; almost 20 years ago she was nominated for her turn as a naive teen in 1991's Cape Fear. We all know Lewis … who will be next seen in The Hangover 2 … can act, but her music is pretty serious, too, as tailgaters will see. The Licks are the scheduled entertainment; Lewis will get an assist from Joe Perry of Aerosmith. "Each audience is different. They might not know who I am, as a musician. But I'm going to get them up on their feet. That's what I do," Lewis said.
On Our Radar
- Kesley Grammer and wife spotted in Miami Beach
- Enrique Iglesias faces misdemeanor charges
- Jason Derulo talks new album, influences
- It's decision time for Dwyane Wade
- Launch party for Moscai hosted at The W
- Soccer player Cristiano Ronaldo spotted at W Hotel
- Magic Mike XXL stars at Miami Walk of Fame ceremony
- Irie Weekend a success
- Report: Prince Royce needs to pay up
- Real Housewives couple sue