Dewey LoSasso exits The Forge and enters Acqualina
Landmark resto going in new direction
Looks like Chef Dewey LoSasso is packing up and moving on from The Forge. We have contacted LoSasso, The Forge and The Forge owner Shareef Malnik for clarification. Malnik issued the following statement:
“As the restaurant scene in Miami is ever-evolving, the team behind The Forge constantly has an eye towards the future. While changes are in store for the restaurant that will showcase the next step in a larger evolution of the experience we offer, we also recognize and respect a Chef’s need to move on in order to flourish as well. Saying good-bye to Executive Chef Dewey LoSasso was a decision made together— albeit a difficult one— that will allow both parties to grow and expand in the new year.”
An insider tells us that The Forge is allegedly upping its game to position itself as competition for Prime 112. The next question on our minds is who will be called upon to fill in LoSasso's, er, chef crocs as the restaurant forges ahead in this new direction.
Update 12/18/13: Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach has hired LoSasso as executive chef. “During my tenure at The Forge we revamped the menu and reinvigorated our loyal clientele,” says LoSasso, who will oversee all food and beverage operations including banquet and event menus, offerings at Piazzetta Marketplace and Restaurant, Costa Grill, as well as lite fare dishes dishes for the prestigious Acqualina Spa by ESPA. “We are excited to welcome a chef of LoSasso’s caliber to the Acqualina Resort & Spa team,” says Deborah Yager Fleming, Vice Chairman and Principal of Acqualina Resort & Spa. “With its unique dining establishments, Acqualina has become a destination retreat for foodie travelers from around the country. His expertise will undoubtedly fit perfectly at the resort as we continue to redefine the luxury dining experience.” Chef LoSasso will report directly to Tamir Kobrin, Acqualina’s managing director who added, “With Chef LoSasso’s cuisine and our magnificent settings, Acqualina will continue to raise the bar on luxury living.”
- Free Food, Drink & More at My Ceviche Midtown's 3-Day Grand Opening Block Party Dec. 16
- New at Townhouse: K Ramen. Burger. Beer. Plus rooftop "destination" The Cape
- COYO Taco's Scott Linquist opens OLLA Nov. 28 on Lincoln Road
- Bazaar Mar by José Andrés at SLS Brickell open for biz Nov. 22
- My Ceviche opening 6th outpost later this month at The Shops at Midtown
- Is Jack Nicholson an investor in a soon-to-open Miami restaurant?
- Michael Schwartz's Fi'lia opens in Brickell next week
- Brazil's 24/7 French bistro Paris 6 opening October 24 on Miami Beach
- Mignonette opening second location in ex-Gourmet Diner space on Biscayne
- Ferran Adrià, Jorge Muñoz, Aaron Mulliss & Nick Beardshaw in Miami for Estrella Damm Gastronomy Congress