Jugo Fresh isn't just about juice anymore
Launches new food menu Monday
Summertime and the living is healthy. Recently opened JugoFresh is starting a “lite bites” raw foods menu to complement its sip-able selection of organic, fresh fruit and veggie juices, smoothies and shots.
The new “Desayuno”, “Almuerzo” and “Spoonfuls” menus are designed with eating for energy in mind, says owner Matthew Sherman, whose motto is "Let your food be your medicine." (Hippocrates first coined it, though). Think “super food” acai squares featuring a wholesome blend of tart acai berries, banana, rich almond milk, honey, strawberries and mint leaves served over a crunchy macadamia nut crumble; chia seed pudding and Kale Ceviche, to name a few.
Lunch selections include watermelon ensalada ($8); watermelon, heirloom tomatoes, cucumber and basil with spicy pickled watermelon rind served with a jalapeno and lime vinaigrette; dandelion salad ($8); balsamic shiitake mushrooms on dandelion greens with cashew nut parmesan; and kale ceviche ($8); kale, hemp, coconut meat, nori and dulse (red seaweed) flakes, avocado, pickled red onion, cilantro and lime vinaigrette. The signature “Spoonfuls” menu includes medicina ($2.50); coconut oil, bee pollen and coconut sugar; and cuando en Paris ($2.50); spirulina, maca chocolate, banana, bruleed coconut sugar and sea salt.
The rotating, “alive” juice menu will feature refreshing dandelion and rose water based juice blends for the summer. Due to popular demand, JugoFresh will keep the cold-pressed juices actively flowing (while supplies last) from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday through Friday, 10a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday and 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Sunday.
JugoFresh 1935 West Avenue (20th Street between West Avenue and Alton Road)
On Our Radar
- A Year in Pitbull
- Cheech Marin is promoting a new ‘substance’ in Miami
- Heidi Klum: She’s an artist, too
- Fidel Castro is dead. Miami's Cuban exiles celebrate.
- Andy Cohen talks about celebrity gossip in latest book
- Report: An 'exhausted' Kanye West cancels tour, is hospitalized
- Singer Kesha in Miami for charity
- Fifth Harmony singer Lauren Jauregui comes out in letter
- Marc Anthony splits with wife
- Internet claps back at guy who yelled 'Trump!' in viral Starbucks video