Journey, Pat Benatar, Loverboy make stop in South Florida on Oct. 13
Triple-bill of 80s hits plays at Cruzan Amphitheatre in West Palm Beach
The popularity of reality-TV vocal competitions such as "American Idol," The Sing-Off" and "The Voice," as well as the singing-happy drama "Glee" and the upcoming flick "Rock of Ages," has surpassed radio stations' ability to keep classic-rock favorites relevant. Watching singers take on tunes karaoke-style such as "Open Arms," "Hit Me With Your Best Shot" and "Working for the Weekend" can inspire viewers to dust off their old CDs to hear the real things one more time.
This phenomenon makes the triple-bill of Journey, Pat Benatar and Loverboy a lot more exciting than it might have been just a few years ago. The bands make a stop at Cruzan Amphitheatre in West Palm Beach on Oct. 13.
Journey's energy and enthusiasm has recently been resurrected by new singer Arnel Pineda, whose Steve Perry impersonation is just about as good as the original. Hear him soar on unforgettable Journey classics such as "Any Way You Want It," "Faithfully," "Lights," "Open Arms," "Who's Cryin' Now" and "Don't Stop Believin'."
Pat Benatar will squeeze into her leather pants once again to belt out her biggest hits, including "We Belong," "Love Is a Battlefield," "Heartbreaker" and "Hit Me With Your Best Shot," while Loverboy takes us back to the days when MTV actually aired music videos with "Turn Me Loose," "When It's Over," "The Kid is Hot Tonite" and "Working for the Weekend."
Tickets ($33-$139, $19 festival lawn, $75 festival-lawn 4-pack) are on sale now at LiveNation.com.
Music in Miami
- Los Amigos Invisibles bring Latin funk sound to Miami's Grand Central
- Los Amigos Invisibles bassist Jose “Catire” Torres talks about upcoming show at Grand Central
- Win a pair of tickets to see One Direction in Miami or Fort Lauderdale
- Recap: Fun. Sings mix of new songs with current hits at LIV nightclub at Fontainebleau
- Meet African diva Angelique Kidjo
- Win a pair of tickets to see fun. at the Fontainebleau on Miami Beach on Wednesday, May 29
- Benoit & Sergio bring unique sound to Eve nightclub in Miami
- Rob Delaney teams up with local company for game
- Bloc Party headlines Absolut X party tonight in Miami
- Beat Camp workshop provides opportunities for aspiring songwriters, music producers