Journey, Pat Benatar, Loverboy make stop in South Florida on Oct. 13
Triple-bill of 80s hits plays at Cruzan Amphitheatre in West Palm Beach
The popularity of reality-TV vocal competitions such as "American Idol," The Sing-Off" and "The Voice," as well as the singing-happy drama "Glee" and the upcoming flick "Rock of Ages," has surpassed radio stations' ability to keep classic-rock favorites relevant. Watching singers take on tunes karaoke-style such as "Open Arms," "Hit Me With Your Best Shot" and "Working for the Weekend" can inspire viewers to dust off their old CDs to hear the real things one more time.
This phenomenon makes the triple-bill of Journey, Pat Benatar and Loverboy a lot more exciting than it might have been just a few years ago. The bands make a stop at Cruzan Amphitheatre in West Palm Beach on Oct. 13.
Journey's energy and enthusiasm has recently been resurrected by new singer Arnel Pineda, whose Steve Perry impersonation is just about as good as the original. Hear him soar on unforgettable Journey classics such as "Any Way You Want It," "Faithfully," "Lights," "Open Arms," "Who's Cryin' Now" and "Don't Stop Believin'."
Pat Benatar will squeeze into her leather pants once again to belt out her biggest hits, including "We Belong," "Love Is a Battlefield," "Heartbreaker" and "Hit Me With Your Best Shot," while Loverboy takes us back to the days when MTV actually aired music videos with "Turn Me Loose," "When It's Over," "The Kid is Hot Tonite" and "Working for the Weekend."
Tickets ($33-$139, $19 festival lawn, $75 festival-lawn 4-pack) are on sale now at LiveNation.com.
Music in Miami
- Cee-Lo Green headlines the Adrienne Arsht Center's 10th Anniversary Concert
- 11 South Florida musical acts you should know
- Top 10 pop music concerts in South Florida
- Nu Deco Ensemble, Miami's 21st Century Orchestra, announces second season and it is massive
- Miami Latin funk band Suenalo to play free concert at Ball & Chain
- Miami Soul weekend guide: DanceAfrica Miami Reception, Juneteenth Miami Music Festival, Colors of the Caribbean
- Best of the Best returns for the tenth year with dancehall and reggae stars
- 2016 Summer Music Concert Guide for South Florida
- Review: Beyoncé slays on Formation tour’s opening night in Miami
- 7 reasons to see Andy Grammer at the Fontainebleau this Saturday