Jonathan Eismann resurfaces as guest chef at Mercadito Midtown
Eismann returns to the kitchen after his involvement in a fatal hit and run
Last we heard anything about Jonathan Eismann was in October after a fatal hit and run in which he fled the scene of a car wreck that killed young father Jean Carlos Ruiz. While no developments have transpired in that tragic incident, an announcement from the PR people of Mercadito Midtown announces that Eismann will return to the kitchen as a guest chef in the restaurant's Tacos for Strength fundraiser by contributing a tempura shrimp taco to raise money for the charity during the month of February. Click here for that announcement.
- Extra Ordinary: Vandy Vanderwarker of Charleston's The Ordinary shucking up at Mignonette in May
- Blue Collar restaurant hosting 2016 Matzo Chase - a scavenger hunt in Miami
- Richard Hales opening Bird & Bone Hot Chicken & Ribs at The Wynwood Yard
- Now Closed: The Oceanaire Seafood Room. Coming Soon to Mary Brickell Village: "Another Landry's concept"
- Norwegian DJ Kygo's just desserts at Komodo
- Top Chef Paul Qui of Faena Hotel's heralded Pao arrested for alleged drug-fueled assault on girlfriend
- Bachour Bakery + Bistro opening March 25 on Brickell
- High end Kaori by Walter Martino opening in Brickell area February 23
- Juvia's Japanese sibling Sushi Garage opens in Miami's Sunset Harbor 'hood
- Now open: Coconut Grove's Spasso--"Simple, honest, brutal food"