Jonathan Eismann resurfaces as guest chef at Mercadito Midtown
Eismann returns to the kitchen after his involvement in a fatal hit and run
Last we heard anything about Jonathan Eismann was in October after a fatal hit and run in which he fled the scene of a car wreck that killed young father Jean Carlos Ruiz. While no developments have transpired in that tragic incident, an announcement from the PR people of Mercadito Midtown announces that Eismann will return to the kitchen as a guest chef in the restaurant's Tacos for Strength fundraiser by contributing a tempura shrimp taco to raise money for the charity during the month of February. Click here for that announcement.
- Jerry's Famous Deli on South Beach is now closed
- Now open: N by Naoe, Kevin Cory's new Brickell Key prix fixe lunch spot
- Ibiza club and Señor Frog's opening in South Beach?
- Umami Burger in Miami Beach closed; Blue Collar has new chef de cuisine; Phillip Bryant leaves Swine
- Khong River House experiments with new menu items
- Closed for "summer vacation": La Maison Miami
- CATCH is closed and allegedly moving to a new Miami location
- NYC-based the Chef Agency expands to Miami
- The Rumor Mill: Bal Harbour's La Goulue on way out, Stephen Starr in
- Slice of Brazil comes to life on urban farm in Fort Lauderdale