John Rzeznik: halftime hottie
John Rzeznik loves playing for a football crowd. ``Everybody is so amped. It's like a massive party!'' So when he and the Goo Goo Dolls were asked to perform at the Orange Bowl halftime sho...
John Rzeznik loves playing for a football crowd.
So when he and the Goo Goo Dolls were asked to perform at the Orange Bowl halftime show, Rzeznik didn't blink.
``I love the crowd. Their energy is so contagious.''
After the game, the boys will take a break before touring in Canada.
``I think my manager wants me dead!'' he joked. ``He sends me to Arizona and Florida in the summer and Canada in the winter.''
But really, he's not mad.
``I'm happy to be working. I have a lot of musician and roadie friends who are looking for work.''
The Dolls' music has changed over the years; the songs aren't all like Iris anymore.
``We changed. We're not in our 20s or 30s anymore. We evolved and progressed as people.''
What he enjoys most is the fans.
``It might be a story about how the music helped them get through a divorce or chemo,'' he says.
``Those are stories that really make me feel like we're still relevant. That we still have an impact on people's lives.''
-- MICAELA HOOD
On Our Radar
- Cadillac V-series Challenge puts pro golfers, VIPs on the fast track at Homestead-Miami Speedway
- Oprah's Fisher Island home sells again
- Shirley MacLaine to appear at Miami International Film Fest
- Beckhams won't move into Versace mansion
- Celeb spotting: Prime 112 sees a lot of action
- Emilio Estefan movie to have world premiere
- Kim Kardashian's ex husband sells home
- Boca Raton sixth-grader has dog shampoo in Oscars bag
- Chef Fabio Viviani shows off kitchen skills
- Top Chef judge Tom Colicchio at restaurant site