John Mayer at Cruzan
The bluesy pop-rocker closes his tour at Cruzan Amphitheatre in West Palm Beach
Battle Studies Tour
601-7 Sansbury's Way
West Palm Beach, FL 33411
Tickets: $36 to $69.50
Missed the fiery launch to John Mayer's Battle Studies Tour at the BankAtlantic Center in February? Or are you just a die-hard fan? Good news: He'll be back in South Florida for the summer leg of the tour.
Mayer will take the stage at the Cruzan Amphitheatre in West Palm Beach on September 11 for what will be (at least at the moment) the final date of his tour.
He's known for diversifying his set from night to night, but will likely play newer tracks like "Who Says" and "Half Of My Heart," as well as staples like "Gravity" and "No Such Thing."
The opening act will be Owl City, the stage name for Minnesota-based synth-rock musician Adam Young. He had a massive hit with the song "Fireflies," but has often been criticized (including by me) for sounding almost exactly like The Postal Service, both musically and vocally (he sounds eerily similar to frontman Ben Gibbard, also of Death Cab For Cutie).
Tickets are available now at Ticketmaster, and will set you back $36 to $69.50.
Music in Miami
- Mayer Hawthorne headlines free concert in Miami for Mercedes-Benz Evolution Tour tonight
- Revew: Ray Lamontagne pours his blues-filled soul over Miami Beach
- Review: Pop star Katy Perry's playful, colorful Prismatic show sprinkles signs of maturity
- J-Lo, Neon Trees and sexy summer bodies ruled Saturday night's iHeartRadio Ultimate Pool Party
- Review: Beyonce and Jay Z concert is an expert exercise in fabulosity and pop myth-making.
- Review: Romeo Santos seduces Miami at AmericanAirlines Arena concert
- Review: Morrissey shows his talents remain in fine form at sold-out concert at Arsht Center
- Neon Trees performs in South Florida
- Review: Lady Antebellum swoons crowd at Seminole Hard Rock concert
- Indie-rockers The Head and The Heart in Miami