John Mayer at Cruzan
The bluesy pop-rocker closes his tour at Cruzan Amphitheatre in West Palm Beach
Battle Studies Tour
601-7 Sansbury's Way
West Palm Beach, FL 33411
Tickets: $36 to $69.50
Missed the fiery launch to John Mayer's Battle Studies Tour at the BankAtlantic Center in February? Or are you just a die-hard fan? Good news: He'll be back in South Florida for the summer leg of the tour.
Mayer will take the stage at the Cruzan Amphitheatre in West Palm Beach on September 11 for what will be (at least at the moment) the final date of his tour.
He's known for diversifying his set from night to night, but will likely play newer tracks like "Who Says" and "Half Of My Heart," as well as staples like "Gravity" and "No Such Thing."
The opening act will be Owl City, the stage name for Minnesota-based synth-rock musician Adam Young. He had a massive hit with the song "Fireflies," but has often been criticized (including by me) for sounding almost exactly like The Postal Service, both musically and vocally (he sounds eerily similar to frontman Ben Gibbard, also of Death Cab For Cutie).
Tickets are available now at Ticketmaster, and will set you back $36 to $69.50.
Music in Miami
- Virginia Key Grassroots Festival offers four days of music, camping, fun
- Charlie Wilson performs in Miami this Saturday
- Julio Iglesias, Latin lion in winter, sings Saturday at AmericanAirlines Arena
- Tessanne Chin talks 9 Mile Music Festival
- Andrea Bocelli serenades South Florida for Valentine's Day
- Global Cuba Fest offers new spectrum of music from the island
- Kurt Elling concert celebrates music’s creative minds
- Barry Manilow showing no signs of slowing down
- Review: Billy Joel finds new meaning in familiar favorites at first of two Sunrise concerts
- Saxophonist Kenny Garrett plays Davie Saturday