John Mayer at Cruzan
The bluesy pop-rocker closes his tour at Cruzan Amphitheatre in West Palm Beach
Battle Studies Tour
601-7 Sansbury's Way
West Palm Beach, FL 33411
Tickets: $36 to $69.50
Missed the fiery launch to John Mayer's Battle Studies Tour at the BankAtlantic Center in February? Or are you just a die-hard fan? Good news: He'll be back in South Florida for the summer leg of the tour.
Mayer will take the stage at the Cruzan Amphitheatre in West Palm Beach on September 11 for what will be (at least at the moment) the final date of his tour.
He's known for diversifying his set from night to night, but will likely play newer tracks like "Who Says" and "Half Of My Heart," as well as staples like "Gravity" and "No Such Thing."
The opening act will be Owl City, the stage name for Minnesota-based synth-rock musician Adam Young. He had a massive hit with the song "Fireflies," but has often been criticized (including by me) for sounding almost exactly like The Postal Service, both musically and vocally (he sounds eerily similar to frontman Ben Gibbard, also of Death Cab For Cutie).
Tickets are available now at Ticketmaster, and will set you back $36 to $69.50.
Music in Miami
- Beat Camp workshop provides opportunities for aspiring songwriters, music producers
- Carly Rae Jepsen talks about her upcoming show at the Fontainebleau Miami Beach
- Ben Taylor performs in Miami Beach
- Sweatstock Block Party showcases local, independent music in Miami
- Esperanza Spalding presides over a night of soulful jazz in Miami this Friday
- Tortuga Music Festival in Fort Lauderdale offers something for everyone — even the sea turtles
- ‘American Idol’ star Adam Lambert headlines Sunday at Miami Beach Gay Pride
- Concert review: Taylor Swift in Miami
- Alicia Keys eyes Miami to ‘Set the World on Fire’ on latest tour this Saturday
- Fantasia Barrino comes to Miami to perform at Jazz in the Gardens