John Mayer at Cruzan
The bluesy pop-rocker closes his tour at Cruzan Amphitheatre in West Palm Beach
Missed the fiery launch to John Mayer's Battle Studies Tour at the BankAtlantic Center in February? Or are you just a die-hard fan? Good news: He'll be back in South Florida for the summer leg of the tour.
Mayer will take the stage at the Cruzan Amphitheatre in West Palm Beach on September 11 for what will be (at least at the moment) the final date of his tour.
He's known for diversifying his set from night to night, but will likely play newer tracks like "Who Says" and "Half Of My Heart," as well as staples like "Gravity" and "No Such Thing."
The opening act will be Owl City, the stage name for Minnesota-based synth-rock musician Adam Young. He had a massive hit with the song "Fireflies," but has often been criticized (including by me) for sounding almost exactly like The Postal Service, both musically and vocally (he sounds eerily similar to frontman Ben Gibbard, also of Death Cab For Cutie).
Tickets are available now at Ticketmaster, and will set you back $36 to $69.50.
Battle Studies Tour
601-7 Sansbury's Way
West Palm Beach, FL 33411
Tickets: $36 to $69.50
Music in Miami
- 11 South Florida musical acts you should know
- Top 10 pop music concerts in South Florida
- Nu Deco Ensemble, Miami's 21st Century Orchestra, announces second season and it is massive
- Miami Latin funk band Suenalo to play free concert at Ball & Chain
- Miami Soul weekend guide: DanceAfrica Miami Reception, Juneteenth Miami Music Festival, Colors of the Caribbean
- Best of the Best returns for the tenth year with dancehall and reggae stars
- 2016 Summer Music Concert Guide for South Florida
- 7 reasons to see Andy Grammer at the Fontainebleau this Saturday
- Up-and-coming country star Kelsea Ballerini ready to take Tortuga Music Festival by storm this week
- Concert Review: Pearl Jam Packs a Punch at American Airlines Arena