John Mayer at Cruzan
The bluesy pop-rocker closes his tour at Cruzan Amphitheatre in West Palm Beach
Missed the fiery launch to John Mayer's Battle Studies Tour at the BankAtlantic Center in February? Or are you just a die-hard fan? Good news: He'll be back in South Florida for the summer leg of the tour.
Mayer will take the stage at the Cruzan Amphitheatre in West Palm Beach on September 11 for what will be (at least at the moment) the final date of his tour.
He's known for diversifying his set from night to night, but will likely play newer tracks like "Who Says" and "Half Of My Heart," as well as staples like "Gravity" and "No Such Thing."
The opening act will be Owl City, the stage name for Minnesota-based synth-rock musician Adam Young. He had a massive hit with the song "Fireflies," but has often been criticized (including by me) for sounding almost exactly like The Postal Service, both musically and vocally (he sounds eerily similar to frontman Ben Gibbard, also of Death Cab For Cutie).
Tickets are available now at Ticketmaster, and will set you back $36 to $69.50.
Battle Studies Tour
601-7 Sansbury's Way
West Palm Beach, FL 33411
Tickets: $36 to $69.50
Music in Miami
- After Haitian konpa band CaRiMi broke up, Richard Cave started fresh in South Florida
- Flaming Lips' Wayne Coyne on their wild shows: 'Something like a Walt Disney cartoon meets Led Zeppelin'
- The Flaming Lips in Miami for House of Creatives Music Festival at the North Beach Bandshell
- Boy George performs in Miami weeks before his debut on 'The New Celebrity Apprentice'
- SunGhosts to perform at VetFest 2016, a concert dedicated to veterans
- Red Hot Chili Peppers coming to Miami
- R.E.M. bassist Mike Mills blurs the boundaries between rock and classical music
- Cee-Lo Green headlines the Adrienne Arsht Center's 10th Anniversary Concert
- 11 South Florida musical acts you should know
- Top 10 pop music concerts in South Florida