John Mayer at Cruzan
The bluesy pop-rocker closes his tour at Cruzan Amphitheatre in West Palm Beach
Battle Studies Tour
601-7 Sansbury's Way
West Palm Beach, FL 33411
Tickets: $36 to $69.50
Missed the fiery launch to John Mayer's Battle Studies Tour at the BankAtlantic Center in February? Or are you just a die-hard fan? Good news: He'll be back in South Florida for the summer leg of the tour.
Mayer will take the stage at the Cruzan Amphitheatre in West Palm Beach on September 11 for what will be (at least at the moment) the final date of his tour.
He's known for diversifying his set from night to night, but will likely play newer tracks like "Who Says" and "Half Of My Heart," as well as staples like "Gravity" and "No Such Thing."
The opening act will be Owl City, the stage name for Minnesota-based synth-rock musician Adam Young. He had a massive hit with the song "Fireflies," but has often been criticized (including by me) for sounding almost exactly like The Postal Service, both musically and vocally (he sounds eerily similar to frontman Ben Gibbard, also of Death Cab For Cutie).
Tickets are available now at Ticketmaster, and will set you back $36 to $69.50.
Music in Miami
- Erykah Badu, Run DMC and Sheila E. highlight Jazz in the Gardens 10th anniversary line-up
- Roberto Rodriguez Quartet performs at the Olympia Theater's jazz series
- Virginia Key GrassRoots Festival Announces Lineup
- Jacob Jeffries performs Wednesday at CANVAS in downtown Miami
- Fleetwood Mac’s reunion with Christine McVie akin to ‘performance art,’ band’s founder says
- Phil Collins unable to sing Saturday night at his foundation’s gala on Miami Beach
- The Hot Sardines bring infectious jazz sound to South Miami on Saturday
- Phillip Phillips brings raspy rock to Seminole Hard Rock on Saturday
- Review: Pitbull, Enrique Igelsias celebrate Miami at sold out concert
- American Authors bring alt-rock sound to Revolution