Jimmy’z branches out to Wynwood
5/4/2011The spacious new Jimmy’z Kitchen at 2700 N. Miami Ave., in Miami’s Wynwood neighborhood, is a second branch of the tiny original on Alton Road. Chef-owner Jimmy Carey is a Johnson & Wales grad of Irish and Puerto Rican descent who’s known for his mofongo (plantains mashed with crunchy pork rinds) served with a sauced protein (shrimp and roast pork are among the choices). A Friday-only special on the Beach, the Puerto Rican classic is served daily in Wynwood.The menu has expanded to include jerk chicken salad, steaks, lamb chops, grilled snapper with chipotle sauce and blackened mahi or salmon as well as daily specials. There are also more appetizers (bolitas — fried cheese balls — with guava sauce, crab cakes, tuna tataki, a charcuterie platter) plus panini, salads, soups of the day and a global selection of beer and wine. Order at the counter, take a number and pick a seat. Servers bring the food to the tables. Jimmy’z serves lunch and dinner daily; 305-573-1505, www.JimmyzKitchen.com. LINDA BLADHOLM
- The Miami Spice List: Best Menu Choices
- Pubbelly goes vegan Oct 2
- Eat well & do good at OTC Sept 22
- Two stars for priced-right pizzas and pastas at La Gazzetta in Miami
- Updated: Miami restaurant openings, closings and more
- Morimoto South Beach opening October 1 and we have the menu!
- Miami's Best Pizza to close after 44 years in Coral Gables
- Vintro Kitchen emphasizes seafood in Miami Beach boutique hotel
- Follow your nose to Blue Willy's Barbecue in Pompano Beach
- Miami food to star on Bravo's 'Best New Restaurant'