Jewelry designer nuts for coconuts
Willie Haynes calls himself the Coconut Doctor. Born in Miami, he grew up loving them, climbing coconut trees, and then eating the fruits of his labor. Now the former BMX racer is using them the shells to make jewelry. Think bracelets and necklaces, with colorful gemstones, as well as hip hoop earrings.
Coconut Love Jewelry is sold at hotels, restaurants and nightclubs all over South Florida from Miami to West Palm.
Check them out at www.coconutlove.com.
On Our Radar
- Would you buy a cellphone from Jennifer Lopez?
- Barbara Walters' daughter arrested in Naples
- Two locals will appear on ABC's The Bachelorette
- Bryan 'Birdman' launches vodka at Mokai
- Rob Delaney teams up with local company for game
- Chad "Ochocinco" Johnson arrested in Broward
- Gorilla Perfumes making a stop at LUSH on Lincoln Road
- Food Network chefs sign on to Alex’s Lemonade Stand
- Rewind Recap: Accordion Invasion hits South Beach
- Glades star Jordan Wall to appear at fundraiser