Jessica Sutta makes her own rules
Launching a solo career takes guts. Just ask Jessica Sutta. Following airplay of the single, I Wanna be Bad, the former Heat dancer and Pussycat Doll plans on releasing her first album next y...
Launching a solo career takes guts. Just ask Jessica Sutta.
We chatted with the homegrown star (an alum of New World School of the Arts) about the new tunes and her performance at Sunday's Dolphins game against the Detroit Lions.
How did your background in dance help prepare your music career?
``Dance always taught me discipline. And that's very important if you want to be successful.''
Were you nervous to break out on your own?
``Absolutely! But I also feel very excited. It's a whole new chapter in my life. A new journey and a new dream to follow.''
How does it feel to be back home? Do you still live in Miami?
``Miami will always be home even though I live in L.A. Everything about Miami is amazing. The mixture of cultures, the food the beaches. The essence of Miami always lives in my heart.''
Do you miss performing with the *****cat Dolls?
Tell us about your new album.
It's gonna be fun pop music! I'm writing a lot on my album so the theme is about my life and journey. I want it to be able to be an escape for people. That's what music does for me. Let them go off in their own little world and break free.''
What has been your biggest accomplishment this year?
``Getting to know myself as a woman and an artist.''
Any New Year's Eve plans?
``I will be in Miami on NYE. I plan to dance all night and welcome in 2011! Can't wait for this year!''
-- MICAELA HOOD
On Our Radar
- Florida girl Megan Fox: Miami has changed so much
- South Florida's Johnny Depp in divorce drama
- Win a ride on the Flying Cucumber blimp on June 2
- 5 Colombian locations in Miami that Seleccion Colombia should visit
- Did your name make the list of names for the 2016 Hurricane Season?
- Blac Chyna slams body shamers
- Tracy Morgan: I feel good
- How to Do Miami Like These 9 Celebs
- Brett Ratner back home in Miami Beach
- Dance pop singer Erika Jayne performing in Wynwood