Jersey Shore serves gelato
We drop in on the cast of the Jersey Shore as they work at Lecca-Lecca Gelato on Miami Beach
Seems the cast of MTV's Jersey Shore is already bored of the Miami party scene. So they've decided to get jobs.
We caught up with three of the Garden State guidos at their new place of employment: the Lecca-Lecca Gelato store (1051 Collins Ave.) in the heart of South Beach.
On an otherwise boring Monday evening we ran into DJ "Pauly D" DelVecchio, Angelina Pivarnick and Sammi "Sweetheart'' Giancola.
(If you want to catch the cast and get some gelato, they work from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. and from 6 p.m. – 10 p.m. daily.)
Pauly - who sported his usual over-gelled hairstyle and fake tan - was surprisingly charming and friendly. Ever the good worker, the Rhode Island native let us try some gelato samples and even recommended his favorites.
But the 28-year-old wouldn't spill the beans on his housemates.
The show's producers frown upon the cast talking while they're on the clock. That goes for cameras and cellphones, too. If you're looking to update your Facebook or Twitter pages while you're there, don't bother making the trip.
Upon checkout, the guidettes were equally as nice - although we have a sneaky suspicion some of them are having a hard time learning how to work the cash register.
An impatient customer asked Sammi, 22, if she ever worked in retail before, to which she snarkily responded, "yes."
Which makes us wonder - didn't she learn anything from her job at the T-shirt shop during Season One?
- Heineken House makes EDM experience full circle at Ultra
- Go Drink This: In the Air Tonight
- Reflections from Miami Beach Nightlife Pioneers
- Above & Beyond play one-night only during Miami Music Week
- DJ “Little” Louie Vega plays the Funkified Poolside Get-Down Jam on Wednesday
- Spanish DJ Duo Chus and Ceballos play Ultra on Saturday
- Hardwell enjoying life atop the DJ world
- Things To Do In Miami This Weekend - March 27-29
- Winter Music madness, movies, and a selfless schlep for shoes!
- Quiz: How well do you know Miami Beach Nightlife?