Jersey Shore serves gelato
We drop in on the cast of the Jersey Shore as they work at Lecca-Lecca Gelato on Miami Beach
Seems the cast of MTV's Jersey Shore is already bored of the Miami party scene. So they've decided to get jobs.
We caught up with three of the Garden State guidos at their new place of employment: the Lecca-Lecca Gelato store (1051 Collins Ave.) in the heart of South Beach.
On an otherwise boring Monday evening we ran into DJ "Pauly D" DelVecchio, Angelina Pivarnick and Sammi "Sweetheart'' Giancola.
(If you want to catch the cast and get some gelato, they work from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. and from 6 p.m. – 10 p.m. daily.)
Pauly - who sported his usual over-gelled hairstyle and fake tan - was surprisingly charming and friendly. Ever the good worker, the Rhode Island native let us try some gelato samples and even recommended his favorites.
But the 28-year-old wouldn't spill the beans on his housemates.
The show's producers frown upon the cast talking while they're on the clock. That goes for cameras and cellphones, too. If you're looking to update your Facebook or Twitter pages while you're there, don't bother making the trip.
Upon checkout, the guidettes were equally as nice - although we have a sneaky suspicion some of them are having a hard time learning how to work the cash register.
An impatient customer asked Sammi, 22, if she ever worked in retail before, to which she snarkily responded, "yes."
Which makes us wonder - didn't she learn anything from her job at the T-shirt shop during Season One?
- Go Drink This: Positano
- Ball and Chain in Little Havana brings the Brazilian Girls to Miami
- Wynwood Art Auction, P.I.G. & funk 'n' jazz
- Go Drink This: Port of Call
- Sidebar opens in Little Havana, A Night in Monte Carlo (in Coral Gables), "Bette Midler" at the Cabaret and Full Mooning in Wynwood
- Miami duo launches high-tech InList app for nightlife experiences
- Gallery: Halloween on Lincoln Road 2014
- Go Drink This: Pumpkin Rum Old Fashioned
- Gallery - Vizcaya Halloween Sundowner 2014
- Beatniks, Art, Disco, More Disco and Strippers - it's not just Halloween, it's Miami!