Jersey Shore serves gelato
We drop in on the cast of the Jersey Shore as they work at Lecca-Lecca Gelato on Miami Beach
Seems the cast of MTV's Jersey Shore is already bored of the Miami party scene. So they've decided to get jobs.
We caught up with three of the Garden State guidos at their new place of employment: the Lecca-Lecca Gelato store (1051 Collins Ave.) in the heart of South Beach.
On an otherwise boring Monday evening we ran into DJ "Pauly D" DelVecchio, Angelina Pivarnick and Sammi "Sweetheart'' Giancola.
(If you want to catch the cast and get some gelato, they work from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. and from 6 p.m. – 10 p.m. daily.)
Pauly - who sported his usual over-gelled hairstyle and fake tan - was surprisingly charming and friendly. Ever the good worker, the Rhode Island native let us try some gelato samples and even recommended his favorites.
But the 28-year-old wouldn't spill the beans on his housemates.
The show's producers frown upon the cast talking while they're on the clock. That goes for cameras and cellphones, too. If you're looking to update your Facebook or Twitter pages while you're there, don't bother making the trip.
Upon checkout, the guidettes were equally as nice - although we have a sneaky suspicion some of them are having a hard time learning how to work the cash register.
An impatient customer asked Sammi, 22, if she ever worked in retail before, to which she snarkily responded, "yes."
Which makes us wonder - didn't she learn anything from her job at the T-shirt shop during Season One?
- Velvet Underground: Floral couture with Kalla Flowers in Coral Gables, Hearts and Stars Gala at Terra Veritatis mansion, and free Guinness at the Delano on St. Patty's Day
- Tonight: 'Bourbon & Beats' at Radio Bar in South Beach with hard-to-find Pappy Van Winkle 15-year
- Velvet Underground: The World Golf Championships hits Doral, MO Bar + Lounge opens at the Mandarin Oriental with cocktails by Angelo Vieira, OTC's Jacob Anaya cooks up a feast with Wynwood Brewing Co., and the Oscars of drag at Score
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - March 7 - 9
- Miami DJs unite for a Sunday party series at Will Call debuting on the anniversary of Biggie Smalls' death
- SushiSamba celebrates Brazil's Carnaval on Lincoln Road and in Coral Gables on Tuesday night with live samba dancing, batucada drummers, DJs and specialty cocktails
- Coming soon to Wynwood: a craft beer bar called KUSH
- Velvet Underground: Spa party at the Viceroy, Chaos Cooking comes to Miami, Spam Allstars drop a new album, and Sunday funday at The Broken Shaker
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Feb. 28 - March 2
- Beloved South Beach DJ Mark Leventhal dies at 50 after nearly one month in the hospital