Jersey Shore serves gelato
We drop in on the cast of the Jersey Shore as they work at Lecca-Lecca Gelato on Miami Beach
Seems the cast of MTV's Jersey Shore is already bored of the Miami party scene. So they've decided to get jobs.
We caught up with three of the Garden State guidos at their new place of employment: the Lecca-Lecca Gelato store (1051 Collins Ave.) in the heart of South Beach.
On an otherwise boring Monday evening we ran into DJ "Pauly D" DelVecchio, Angelina Pivarnick and Sammi "Sweetheart'' Giancola.
(If you want to catch the cast and get some gelato, they work from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. and from 6 p.m. – 10 p.m. daily.)
Pauly - who sported his usual over-gelled hairstyle and fake tan - was surprisingly charming and friendly. Ever the good worker, the Rhode Island native let us try some gelato samples and even recommended his favorites.
But the 28-year-old wouldn't spill the beans on his housemates.
The show's producers frown upon the cast talking while they're on the clock. That goes for cameras and cellphones, too. If you're looking to update your Facebook or Twitter pages while you're there, don't bother making the trip.
Upon checkout, the guidettes were equally as nice - although we have a sneaky suspicion some of them are having a hard time learning how to work the cash register.
An impatient customer asked Sammi, 22, if she ever worked in retail before, to which she snarkily responded, "yes."
Which makes us wonder - didn't she learn anything from her job at the T-shirt shop during Season One?
- A different sort of Bonfire of the Vanities at Conde Contemporary, Sassy City Chicks & a Ritzy beer garden
- Go Drink This: Piña Colada Old Fashioned
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Oct. 10-12
- Velvet Underground: A weird Miami bus tour and an AstroJam highlight the weekend
- Go Drink This: Down the Rabbit Hole
- A curated guide to III Points festival in Wynwood
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Oct. 3 - 5
- Go Drink This: Smoky Negroni
- Sneak Peek: Blackbird Ordinary in Brickell unveils new cocktail menu
- Velvet Underground: Mansion nightclub opens 'Cocktails and Dreams' and Craft Spirits Festival kicks off in Coconut Grove