Jersey Shore serves gelato
We drop in on the cast of the Jersey Shore as they work at Lecca-Lecca Gelato on Miami Beach
Seems the cast of MTV's Jersey Shore is already bored of the Miami party scene. So they've decided to get jobs.
We caught up with three of the Garden State guidos at their new place of employment: the Lecca-Lecca Gelato store (1051 Collins Ave.) in the heart of South Beach.
On an otherwise boring Monday evening we ran into DJ "Pauly D" DelVecchio, Angelina Pivarnick and Sammi "Sweetheart'' Giancola.
(If you want to catch the cast and get some gelato, they work from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. and from 6 p.m. – 10 p.m. daily.)
Pauly - who sported his usual over-gelled hairstyle and fake tan - was surprisingly charming and friendly. Ever the good worker, the Rhode Island native let us try some gelato samples and even recommended his favorites.
But the 28-year-old wouldn't spill the beans on his housemates.
The show's producers frown upon the cast talking while they're on the clock. That goes for cameras and cellphones, too. If you're looking to update your Facebook or Twitter pages while you're there, don't bother making the trip.
Upon checkout, the guidettes were equally as nice - although we have a sneaky suspicion some of them are having a hard time learning how to work the cash register.
An impatient customer asked Sammi, 22, if she ever worked in retail before, to which she snarkily responded, "yes."
Which makes us wonder - didn't she learn anything from her job at the T-shirt shop during Season One?
- Velvet Underground: Vinyl fever returns on Record Store Day, LA-based dark glam opera band 'Timur and the Dime Museum' plays for The Miami Light Project, and go retro with famed drag queen Elaine Lancaster at Miami Bingo Bash
- Velvet Underground: Heavyweight champion Shannon "The Cannon" Briggs hosts fight night at Wonderland, Cuban hip hopper Danay Suarez plays North Beach, Alberto Cabrera's Bread + Butter launches happy hour
- MOVA Lounge hosts 5th annual Block Party for Miami Beach Gay Pride Festival
- Plans emerge to save Miami's oldest bar as owners announce sale of Tobacco Road
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - April 11 - 13
- Dita Von Teese takes it off for South Florida
- 'Cocktales: Confessions of a Nymphomaniac' debuts at Bardot and runs through April
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - April 4 - 6
- SL Miami at The James Royal Palm closes
- Top three takeaways from Miami Music Week and Ultra Music Festival