Jerry Seinfeld returns to South Florida for two shows in 2014
Comedy king Jerry Seinfeld takes the stage at the Hard Rock Live in 2014.
Comedians come and go, but very few attain the rarefied air of “legend.” Jerry Seinfeld is one of those few.
The 59-year-old funny man from Brooklyn is best known for the sitcom “Seinfeld,” his “show about nothing” that also starred Michael Richards, Jason Alexander and Julia Louis-Dreyfus as his belovedly zany friends Cosmo Kramer, George Costanza and Elaine Benes, respectively. The program ran for nine years, from 1989-’98, and dominated television so thoroughly that TV Guide named it the greatest TV show of all time in 2009. Last year, a poll by 60 Minutes/Vanity Fair dubbed it the best sitcom ever.
Of course, it would be impossible to top such success, but Seinfeld continues to be the master of his own domain, producing vital work that utilizes his inimitable brand of observational, often self-deprecating, humor. Check out his documentary “Comedian,” which focuses on the challenge of developing and performing new material at various comedy clubs; his clever animated film “Bee Movie,” a kids’ movie that parents can also enjoy; and his latest project, the Emmy-nominated web series “Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee.”
In between, Seinfeld returned to his stand-up roots, including two back-to-back shows last January at the Hard Rock Live at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino near Hollywood. And for those who missed him then (not that there’s anything wrong with that), Seinfeld is coming back to the venue for two shows, on Jan. 31 and Feb. 1, 2014.
Tickets ($79-$169) are on sale now through Ticketmaster.
See and Do
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Feb. 27-March 1
- South Beach Comedy Festival 2015 announces line-up
- Disney Live, Mommy’s Night Out, Food Trucks & Skating: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks Feb 23-29
- Things to Do in Miami this Weekend - Feb. 20-22
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Feb. 14-16
- President’s Day Weekend Guide 2015
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Feb. 13-15
- Valentine’s Day events in Miami for sweeties, singles and families
- Cupid's Carnival, Pirates, Festivals & Freebie Fun: Top Picks: Feb 9-15
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Feb. 6-8