Jeremy Renner in Miami to talk about his new movie
Hansel and Gretel
You won’t see too much sibling rivalry in Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters, out Friday. Think brother and sister bonding — a la Dexter without all the plastic wrap. Jeremy Renner and Gemma Arterton play the grown-up versions from the famed Brothers Grimm fairy tale. The orphaned duo are bounty hunters who track nasty witches who have been snatching up children to munch. To aid in their battle against evil forces, the pair carry enormously powerful, magical weapons. “They were cumbersome, for sure,” Renner said. “But I thought they made them look very creative.” Renner got banged up a lot and was still feeling the pain: "I’m being held up with duct tape right now.” Just wait until the baby comes, guy: Renner is reportedly expecting with his ex girlfriend, Canadian model Sonni Pacheco. Since starring as a real-life serial killer in 2002’s Dahmer, the 42-year-old Oscar nominee (The Hurt Locker) has jumped into the action genre as well with roles The Avengers, Mission: Impossible — Ghost Protocol and The Bourne Legacy. “I was just excited to do this,” Renner said of H&G, his first time working with 3-D cameras. “The concept was very cool to me.”
On Our Radar
- Jennifer Lopez to perform free concert at Bayfront Park in support of Hillary Clinton
- Adele lends voice in support of Hillary Clinton in Miami
- Udonis Haslem opens Starbucks in Miami
- Which Miami neighborhood will be the next to be ‘Art-Washed’?
- Five reasons to not give up on the Miami Heat
- Larsa and Scottie Pippen to divorce after 19 years
- Boo Madea star Tyler Perry: I don't like Halloween
- Florida has better taste in Halloween candy than most other states, says survey
- Phil Collins: 'I don’t like Miami particularly'
- DJ Irie gets put in the hot seat this Saturday at his own celebrity roast