Jeffrey Donovan's dulcet tones
Jackson Memorial ad gets star power
If you've seen a commercial for Jackson Memorial Hospital lately, you may recognize a familiar voice. We'll give you a hint: It's deep, articulate, erudite with a Massachusetts accent. Guessed yet? No other than Burn Notice star Jeffrey Donovan. If you're not a TV person, check out the spot online at www.jhsmiami.org. It's notable not so much for the hospital itself (think of it as you will) but for the stylish direction of local filmmaker Justin Dec, who has worked on such shows as CSI: Miami and Dexter. If you're the kind of person who tears up at ketchup ingredients, watch out. Donovan speaks over images of patients recovering with moving music and intense prose like, "I am the one who steps forward when others step back - I am always here for you, to help and to heal. I will pick you up when you need it, and though I do not walk in your footsteps, I will walk by your side. I am Jackson."
On Our Radar
- Justin Bieber joins Ariana Grande on stage
- Mariah Carey, Brett Ratner: birthday soulmates
- Ian Somerhalder supports fiancee at event
- David Beckham canvasing Miami again?
- Paris Hilton on the red carpet
- Kathie Lee Gifford at Boca Bachannal
- Ex Real Housewives of Miami star arrested
- Local chef a contestant on 'Hell's Kitchen'
- Big Bang Theory star Jim Parsons in Miami
- Dan Aykroyd making stops in Broward