Jeffrey Donovan's dulcet tones
Jackson Memorial ad gets star power
If you've seen a commercial for Jackson Memorial Hospital lately, you may recognize a familiar voice. We'll give you a hint: It's deep, articulate, erudite with a Massachusetts accent. Guessed yet? No other than Burn Notice star Jeffrey Donovan. If you're not a TV person, check out the spot online at www.jhsmiami.org. It's notable not so much for the hospital itself (think of it as you will) but for the stylish direction of local filmmaker Justin Dec, who has worked on such shows as CSI: Miami and Dexter. If you're the kind of person who tears up at ketchup ingredients, watch out. Donovan speaks over images of patients recovering with moving music and intense prose like, "I am the one who steps forward when others step back - I am always here for you, to help and to heal. I will pick you up when you need it, and though I do not walk in your footsteps, I will walk by your side. I am Jackson."
On Our Radar
- Delray Beach rapper J Rand keeping it real in South Florida
- Pitbull isn't just Mr. 305, he's Mr. Florida
- Gabrielle Anwar set to marry this weekend
- William Levy celebrates 35th birthday in Miami
- LeBron James sells his Miami mansion
- World Cup champ Kelley O'Hara at the W
- Wilmer Valderrama in Miami
- Vanilla Ice headed to the Design District?
- Thrive Seminar, Nelson Foundation will award local entrepreneur $10,000 on Thursday on Miami Beach
- Comedian Jo Koy at Magic City Casino