Jefe's Original Soul Shack officially open in North Miami
A food truck converts into a brick-and-mortar comfort food scene
North Miami gets a fresh taste of soul food this month as Jefe's Original Soul Shack opens on Biscayne Boulevard after 19 months of permitting and construction delays. Bring on the fish tacos, burgers and salads.
Soul Shack owner Jack Garabedian started with a food truck and upgraded to the "chill" brick-and-mortar space said to echo the laid-back feel of the Baja, Calif., surfing community.
Dine in or take out Monday through Saturday from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. The Jefe's food truck will remain on the road, check JefesOriginal.com for schedules.
- The List: Corsair's Scott Conant
- Chef changes at Verde, Steak 954, Makoto
- The List: Casa D'Angelo's Angelo Elia
- South Beach openings: Soho Bay, David's Cafe, a new Dewey's, Bodega, Chicken Kitchen, La Savina
- Christmas and NYE 2014: A Holiday Dining Guide for Miami and South Florida
- Dewey LoSasso to run new restaurant at Schnebly Winery and Miami Brewing Co.
- American Social now open in Brickell
- Cibo Wine Bar expands to South Beach
- Top 10 most popular Miami food/drink places on Instagram in 2014
- The List: The Dutch's Conor Hanlon