Jefe's Original Soul Shack officially open in North Miami
A food truck converts into a brick-and-mortar comfort food scene
North Miami gets a fresh taste of soul food this month as Jefe's Original Soul Shack opens on Biscayne Boulevard after 19 months of permitting and construction delays. Bring on the fish tacos, burgers and salads.
Soul Shack owner Jack Garabedian started with a food truck and upgraded to the "chill" brick-and-mortar space said to echo the laid-back feel of the Baja, Calif., surfing community.
Dine in or take out Monday through Saturday from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. The Jefe's food truck will remain on the road, check JefesOriginal.com for schedules.
Jefe's Original Soul Shack
12581 Biscayne Blvd., North Miami
- Zak the Baker closed, reopens Friday
- "Celebrity" status won't get you into Eating House's sold-out 4/20 dinner
- 10 New Restaurants Coming Soon to Downtown Doral
- Game of Thrones-inspired dishes at Beaker & Gray
- O, Miami poetry shows up in local food
- Two for one: Barley chef to open pizza pop up in Dadeland
- Balans restaurant owner found dead
- Which Miami seafood chef won last weekend's pork cooking competition?
- New menu for Raleigh Hotel restaurant
- This Miami chef was named Food & Wine best new chef