Jefe's Original Soul Shack officially open in North Miami
A food truck converts into a brick-and-mortar comfort food scene
North Miami gets a fresh taste of soul food this month as Jefe's Original Soul Shack opens on Biscayne Boulevard after 19 months of permitting and construction delays. Bring on the fish tacos, burgers and salads.
Soul Shack owner Jack Garabedian started with a food truck and upgraded to the "chill" brick-and-mortar space said to echo the laid-back feel of the Baja, Calif., surfing community.
Dine in or take out Monday through Saturday from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. The Jefe's food truck will remain on the road, check JefesOriginal.com for schedules.
- Spring Chicken to open in former Miami's Best Pizza in Coral Gables
- Seed Food & Wine Festival returns to Miami for a celebration of plant-based cuisine
- The Forge in Miami Beach to host kickoff dinner for James Beard Foundation program
- Chefs Up Front dinners in Miami and Fort Lauderdale to benefit kids
- Cavalli Restaurant in South Beach goes into hibernation
- Restaurant closures: 1826 in Miami Beach, Southern Swank Kitchen in Davie
- Barley to open a second Dadeland restaurant in Kendall
- Burgers and pizzas: New Miami restaurants opening with the classics
- Go 'Undercover' with Edge Steak & Bar in Miami on Aug. 23
- Restaurants to compete for rent-free space in Miami's downtown arts district