Jefe's Original Soul Shack officially open in North Miami
A food truck converts into a brick-and-mortar comfort food scene
North Miami gets a fresh taste of soul food this month as Jefe's Original Soul Shack opens on Biscayne Boulevard after 19 months of permitting and construction delays. Bring on the fish tacos, burgers and salads.
Soul Shack owner Jack Garabedian started with a food truck and upgraded to the "chill" brick-and-mortar space said to echo the laid-back feel of the Baja, Calif., surfing community.
Dine in or take out Monday through Saturday from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. The Jefe's food truck will remain on the road, check JefesOriginal.com for schedules.
- Oolite to debut vegan dishes at Conscious Bite Out dinner Dec. 11
- Lique Restaurant & Lounge opens on Intracoastal Waterway in North Miami Beach
- Sandbar in Coconut Grove is renamed The Hot Rock after 'Bar Rescue' takeover
- Kuro Japanese restaurant to open at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino
- The List: Mignonette and Blue Collar chef-owner Danny Serfer
- Beefed-up seafood menu at Steak 954
- New chef, hot-stone concept at Seasalt & Pepper
- NY-based Quality Meats to open Miami Beach steakhouse
- Miami's rising culinary stars: 30 Under 30
- Michelle Bernstein to pop up at Art Basel 2014