Jefe's Original Soul Shack officially open in North Miami
A food truck converts into a brick-and-mortar comfort food scene
North Miami gets a fresh taste of soul food this month as Jefe's Original Soul Shack opens on Biscayne Boulevard after 19 months of permitting and construction delays. Bring on the fish tacos, burgers and salads.
Soul Shack owner Jack Garabedian started with a food truck and upgraded to the "chill" brick-and-mortar space said to echo the laid-back feel of the Baja, Calif., surfing community.
Dine in or take out Monday through Saturday from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. The Jefe's food truck will remain on the road, check JefesOriginal.com for schedules.
- Tongue & Cheek to close in South Beach; more Izzy's on the way
- The List: Bourbon Steak chef Gabriel Fenton's top 10 Miami restaurants
- Harry's Pizzeria by Michael Schwartz opens Wednesday in Coconut Grove
- The List: Miami's best foods with chef Bernie Matz
- Miami chef Cindy Hutson to be honored Oct. 10
- LIV nightclub founder David Grutman to open Komodo restaurant in Brickell
- New TiramesU restaurant opening Oct. 6 in South Beach
- Chef Jeremiah's Pork Is Good festival returns to Wynwood in November
- Chefs leave top kitchen posts at Miami Beach restaurants Seagrape, Michael Mina 74
- The List: Miami's 10 best foods, according to Stripsteak's Derrick Roberts