Here is some jazz for every day of your weekend.
Jazz lovers, here is your weekend itinerary:
Austrian pianist, composer and recording artist Markus Gottschlich leads a group of local and international musicians debuting the songs of his upcoming album. Among the guest performers will be tabla player extraordinaire Raj Bhandari who performs with Shakira.
Friday, November 12, 2010, 8.30pm. The Byron Carlyle Theater, 500 71st Street, Miami Beach; 305-674-1040. Tickets $20 / $15 Seniors & Students at www.Ticketmaster.com & at the door.
Tigertail presents groundbreaking jazz from celebrated saxophonist Benjamin Herman and his quartet. Benjamin Herman is Holland's leading alto saxophonist, joining him are some of Holland's finest players.
Saturday, November 13, 2010, 8:30pm at the Byron Carlyle Theater, 500 71st Street, Miami Beach; 305-324-4337. Tickets $150, $50.
Debbi Orta Quintet
The Debbie Orta Quintet performs at Jazz in the Park; bring family and friends, blankets, chairs, coolers (no grills). Food also available for sale from nearby vendors who will deliver to the park. The event is free.
Sunday, November 14, 10:30am-2:30pm; Lieberman Botanical Garden, 3800 Inverrary Boulevard, Lauderhill; 954-730-3000.
See and Do
- Yass, Beach: Five Miami Beaches That Are Better Than South Beach
- 8 Best Places For People Watching in Miami
- 7 Best Spots in Miami to get Ice Cream and Frozen Treats
- 5 Quintessential Palm Beach Experiences You Can Have this Weekend
- Ultimate Guide to Broward County Museums
- 11 Places to Listen to Live Music Every Night in Miami
- 9 ways to know you are at a Miami baby shower
- 5 places to cool down in Miami
- Miami voted best city for facial hair - free trims this weekend for all
- Ultimate Guide to Miami's Museums