Jazz in the Gardens confirms D.L. Hughley as host, tickets go on sale
Jazz in the Gardens is Miami's own version of a mini Essence Festival with an all star lineup and three days of music heaven.
11/14/13 Update: Confirmed artists: Mint Condition, Trey Songz, Kelly Rowland, Rachelle Farrell, Boney James. More artists to be announced.
12/6/13 Update: More confirmed artists: Maze featuring Frankie Beverly, Jamie Foxx, Anthony Hamilton, and LL Cool J.
It comes around only once a year for just a couple of days, leaves us with a musical high, and just as soon as it’s all over we’re already anticipating the next one. Well it’s back – the 9th Annual Jazz in the Gardens where tens of thousands converge for the experience of great music, good food, and awesome weather. This time we get to indulge in three days of a jam-packed weekend with an awesome lineup of ten headliners and the Bad Boys of Comedy himself, D.L. Hughley as host. Hosted by the City of Miami Gardens at Sun Life Stadium, the three-day spring festival returns on March 14, 15, and 16, 2014 with tickets going on sale November 15 at 10 am at www.jazzinthegardens.com, the Sun Life Stadium Box Office, www.ticketmaster.com, and at Ticketmaster locations.
It’s tight lipped for now who the headliners are and the only name that has been released so far is Rachelle Ferrell who is returning after missing last year’s show due to a last minute illness. If last year’s festival was any indication with an estimated 63,000 fans who attended and an all star lineup of everyone from Earth Wind & Fire, Charlie Wilson, and New Edition to Ne-Yo, Monica, and Fantasia then we can definitely expect the 2014 festival to be even bigger. Jazz in the Gardens continues to grow and we get excited to have our own version of a mini Essence Festival in Miami. Count on Noire Miami to give you the latest details on confirmed headliners the minute they’re announced.
The festival kicks off on Friday, March 14 with the Women’s Impact Conference & Luncheon at Shula’s Hotel & Golf Club and a pre-party with live celebrity entertainment at Calder Casino.
- The party before the party: Friday night party lineup to kick off Jazz in the Gardens
- Bassist Stanley Clarke to appear at Jazz in the Gardens 2014
- Love Life & the 411: Jazz in the Gardens pop-up party tonight
- Noire Miami weekend guide: Lyric Live, Jazz in the Gardens Pop Up Party, Second Saturdays Art Walk, and more
- Four popular spots around Miami you didn’t know were black-owned
- Jazz in the Gardens Foodie-Focus event serves up the best of the festival's Food Village
- Love Life and the 411: Scandal watch party Thursday, plenty of Flow on Friday
- Noire Miami's food, music, and wine weekend edition
- Love, Life, and the 411 - Soldiers of Love
- Love, Life, and the 411: Week of Feb 7th