Jazz at MOCA
Every final Friday of the month, there's a free Jazz concert at the Museum of Contemporary Art in North Miami. And yes, it's rain or shine because Miami weather is soooo unpredictable.
By Solange Reyner
Need a cheap date idea? Every final Friday of the month, there's a free Jazz concert at the Museum of Contemporary Art in North Miami. And yes, it's rain or shine because Miami weather is soooo unpredictable.
You'll get to whiz around the MOCA galleries from 7 to 10 p.m. (donations are accepted for entry) while jamming to some tunes outside the MOCA doorsteps.
Here's the upcoming sked:
Rose Max - January 29, 2010 - 8 p.m. This Brazilian-born singer has been in Miami since 1993. She started singing in Rio with the Octeto Rio Orchestra, performing in nightclubs throughout the city. She's won the Brazilian Press Award for the "Best Female Singer Residing and Performing in the USA" in 1997', 98', and 2001.
Felipe Lamoglia - February 26, 2010 - 8 p.m.
Max Farber Trio - March 26, 2010 - 8 p.m.
Negroni's Trio - April 30, 1010 - 8 p.m.
Jean Caze - May 28, 2010 - 8 p.m.
Sally's Tomato - June 25, 2010 - 8 p.m.
Andrew Atkinson - July 30, 2010 - 8 p.m.
Museum of Contemporary Art
770 NE 125th Street, North Miami
See and Do
- 20 great parks, 20 great outings
- Instagram photos that prove that Biscayne National Park is a dazzling gem
- Check out these 5 events during Downtown Art Days
- 5 free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - Aug 26-28
- 'Star Wars' marathon at the Olympia Theater
- 'Psychic Match' star Deborah Graham talks about finding real love at Books & Books
- Public art to hunt down in Brickell and Downtown
- Surreal dance stories from Cuba
- Comic Iliza Shlesinger to bring her wit and wisdom to West Palm Beach
- 6 free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - Aug. 19-21