Jazz at MOCA
Every final Friday of the month, there's a free Jazz concert at the Museum of Contemporary Art in North Miami. And yes, it's rain or shine because Miami weather is soooo unpredictable.
Museum of Contemporary Art
770 NE 125th Street, North Miami
By Solange Reyner
Need a cheap date idea? Every final Friday of the month, there's a free Jazz concert at the Museum of Contemporary Art in North Miami. And yes, it's rain or shine because Miami weather is soooo unpredictable.
You'll get to whiz around the MOCA galleries from 7 to 10 p.m. (donations are accepted for entry) while jamming to some tunes outside the MOCA doorsteps.
Here's the upcoming sked:
Rose Max - January 29, 2010 - 8 p.m. This Brazilian-born singer has been in Miami since 1993. She started singing in Rio with the Octeto Rio Orchestra, performing in nightclubs throughout the city. She's won the Brazilian Press Award for the "Best Female Singer Residing and Performing in the USA" in 1997', 98', and 2001.
Felipe Lamoglia - February 26, 2010 - 8 p.m.
Max Farber Trio - March 26, 2010 - 8 p.m.
Negroni's Trio - April 30, 1010 - 8 p.m.
Jean Caze - May 28, 2010 - 8 p.m.
Sally's Tomato - June 25, 2010 - 8 p.m.
Andrew Atkinson - July 30, 2010 - 8 p.m.
See and Do
- Little Havana Visitor Center opens on Calle Ocho
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - April 24-26
- Festivals of Speed brings luxury to Museum Park
- Island City delivers the laughs and the bite in ‘Little Dog Laughed’
- Outdoor Movies, Earth Day Goodies, Summer Camp & Giveaways: Munchkin Fun's Top picks Apr 20-26
- No 'pleading the fifth' for Andy Cohen in Miami
- Anderson Cooper comes to Miami for an intimate conversation
- Miami Science Museum hosts annual Galaxy Gala and Big Bang fundraiser
- Dennis Watkins brings magic back to the Arsht in ‘The Magnificents’
- South Beach Comedy Festival celebrates a decade of jokes