Jazz at MOCA
Every final Friday of the month, there's a free Jazz concert at the Museum of Contemporary Art in North Miami. And yes, it's rain or shine because Miami weather is soooo unpredictable.
Museum of Contemporary Art
770 NE 125th Street, North Miami
By Solange Reyner
Need a cheap date idea? Every final Friday of the month, there's a free Jazz concert at the Museum of Contemporary Art in North Miami. And yes, it's rain or shine because Miami weather is soooo unpredictable.
You'll get to whiz around the MOCA galleries from 7 to 10 p.m. (donations are accepted for entry) while jamming to some tunes outside the MOCA doorsteps.
Here's the upcoming sked:
Rose Max - January 29, 2010 - 8 p.m. This Brazilian-born singer has been in Miami since 1993. She started singing in Rio with the Octeto Rio Orchestra, performing in nightclubs throughout the city. She's won the Brazilian Press Award for the "Best Female Singer Residing and Performing in the USA" in 1997', 98', and 2001.
Felipe Lamoglia - February 26, 2010 - 8 p.m.
Max Farber Trio - March 26, 2010 - 8 p.m.
Negroni's Trio - April 30, 1010 - 8 p.m.
Jean Caze - May 28, 2010 - 8 p.m.
Sally's Tomato - June 25, 2010 - 8 p.m.
Andrew Atkinson - July 30, 2010 - 8 p.m.
See and Do
- What to do with kids in Miami May 20-26
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - May 17-19
- Ten Years of Cubalibre Block Party
- What to do with kids in Miami May 13-19
- Bill Cosby, at Hard Rock Sunday, talks about TV, racism and life
- ‘War Horse’ casts a simple yet powerful spell
- ‘Memphis’ cast shows vocal chops
- Create-A-Skate at the Museum of Discovery and Science
- 'War Horse' gallops into the South Florida this week
- Miami Museum Month