Jazz at MOCA
Every final Friday of the month, there's a free Jazz concert at the Museum of Contemporary Art in North Miami. And yes, it's rain or shine because Miami weather is soooo unpredictable.
Museum of Contemporary Art
770 NE 125th Street, North Miami
By Solange Reyner
Need a cheap date idea? Every final Friday of the month, there's a free Jazz concert at the Museum of Contemporary Art in North Miami. And yes, it's rain or shine because Miami weather is soooo unpredictable.
You'll get to whiz around the MOCA galleries from 7 to 10 p.m. (donations are accepted for entry) while jamming to some tunes outside the MOCA doorsteps.
Here's the upcoming sked:
Rose Max - January 29, 2010 - 8 p.m. This Brazilian-born singer has been in Miami since 1993. She started singing in Rio with the Octeto Rio Orchestra, performing in nightclubs throughout the city. She's won the Brazilian Press Award for the "Best Female Singer Residing and Performing in the USA" in 1997', 98', and 2001.
Felipe Lamoglia - February 26, 2010 - 8 p.m.
Max Farber Trio - March 26, 2010 - 8 p.m.
Negroni's Trio - April 30, 1010 - 8 p.m.
Jean Caze - May 28, 2010 - 8 p.m.
Sally's Tomato - June 25, 2010 - 8 p.m.
Andrew Atkinson - July 30, 2010 - 8 p.m.
See and Do
- Miami Events - December 2015
- 17 Fun Things to Do This Week: Nov 30 - Dec 5
- Eddie Izzard comes to Miami with 'Force Majeure' tour
- Bayfront Park hosts tree lighting event to kick off holiday season
- Momix will perform and teach a master class at Broward Center
- 17 Fun Things to Do This Holiday Week: Nov 23-29
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - Nov. 20-22
- ‘Newsies’ dances its way back to South Florida with a charming leading man
- Some Miami Book Fair events of note (in a weekend of hundreds)
- Miami Book Fair, a literary cornucopia, kicks off