Jay-Z sets bottles record, Kanye a no-show, neither perform at LIV on Sunday
Night should have been re-named Watch The Bottle Servers
Notes from Sunday night’s much anticipated Imagine Sundays party at LIV nightclub with hosts Jay-Z and Kanye West in support of their new album – Watch The Throne.
Jay-Z showed up. Kanye West didn’t. His flight was cancelled due to weather and he never made it to Miami. We still don’t know where his flight originated from, but some reports say he was coming from Europe.
Jay-Z never rapped. The performance of the night went to Meek Mill (a.k.a. Meek Millionaire), the Philadelphia-based MC who is part of Rick Ross’ Maybach Music Group and who performed “I’m A Boss” from atop the DJ booth at LIV.
Jay-Z set records. The hip-hop icon broke the record for bottle purchase of Ace of Spades. After buying several rounds of the popular Armand de Brignac champagne produced by Champagne Cattier and that comes in an opaque metallic bottle, he then bought the 15-liter size ($100,000 price tag) and set the LIV record for bottles bought at $250,000.
Lines formed early outside of LIV. Some reports had people in line in the Fontainebleau Miami Beach lobby as early as 7 p.m. Guess they wanted to make sure they didn’t miss a bottle purchase.
By 4:45 a.m. the party was over, as photos show Jay-Z heading out of the club and most likely back to his private jet so he could sleep in his own bed.
On Our Radar
- Talking to Ana Maria in Novela Land star
- Chazz Palminteri tells his 'Bronx Tale'
- Athletes seen partying in Miami
- Is Miami Heat star Chris Bosh OK?
- Latin stars come together for Premios Lo Nuestro
- William Levy front and center at rum event
- Diana Nyad to re-create famous swim on stage
- Report: Rapper Vanilla Ice arrested
- Emeril Lagasse talks food, milestones and Florida
- Wyclef Jean, Barry Gibb among performers at Miami Beach centennial concert