Jay-Z sets bottles record, Kanye a no-show, neither perform at LIV on Sunday
Night should have been re-named Watch The Bottle Servers
Notes from Sunday night’s much anticipated Imagine Sundays party at LIV nightclub with hosts Jay-Z and Kanye West in support of their new album – Watch The Throne.
Jay-Z showed up. Kanye West didn’t. His flight was cancelled due to weather and he never made it to Miami. We still don’t know where his flight originated from, but some reports say he was coming from Europe.
Jay-Z never rapped. The performance of the night went to Meek Mill (a.k.a. Meek Millionaire), the Philadelphia-based MC who is part of Rick Ross’ Maybach Music Group and who performed “I’m A Boss” from atop the DJ booth at LIV.
Jay-Z set records. The hip-hop icon broke the record for bottle purchase of Ace of Spades. After buying several rounds of the popular Armand de Brignac champagne produced by Champagne Cattier and that comes in an opaque metallic bottle, he then bought the 15-liter size ($100,000 price tag) and set the LIV record for bottles bought at $250,000.
Lines formed early outside of LIV. Some reports had people in line in the Fontainebleau Miami Beach lobby as early as 7 p.m. Guess they wanted to make sure they didn’t miss a bottle purchase.
By 4:45 a.m. the party was over, as photos show Jay-Z heading out of the club and most likely back to his private jet so he could sleep in his own bed.
On Our Radar
- Victoria's Angel model in Miami for 2 appearances
- Want to spend New Year's Eve with Pitbull?
- Make-A-Wish Ball celebrates 20 years at the InterContinental Miami with Diana Ross performance, Oz theme
- Jingle Ball lineup includes big music names
- Stars come out for Book of Life premiere
- Launch of new Arts & Entertainment District features free coffee on Wednesdays
- Report: Miami ranks No. 1 for attractive people, nightclubs and singles scene
- CIndy Crawford does cocktails in Miami
- One Direction's Harry Styles does Miami
- For sale: LeBron James' Miami mansion