Jay Z: Decoded
Unveils a page of his book at the Delano pool
Jay-Z wowed the crowd at the Delano Hotel Wednesday night by unveiling a page of his upcoming memoir, Decoded. Page 120 to be exact.
Why would he do that? Because the rap mogul, along with search engine Bing, is part of a highly unusual interactive promotion process - a global scavenger hunt. Pages (blown up, of course) from the book can be found nontraditional sites like store windows, pool tables and yes, even the bottom of the Delano pool.
"I thought it was pretty cool," said the entertainer, whose possibly pregnant wife Beyonce was there, but stayed out of sight. "I'm trying to simplify the process - it's almost like a preview."
Finders are eligible to enter to win a trip to Las Vegas for New Year's Eve to see Jay-Z and Coldplay in concert.
Another incentive to go on the paper trail - a page may be worth something someday.
"I don't know if you could sell it, but you might," he said, laughing.
"Times are tough - I get it."
On Our Radar
- Barbara Streisand coming to Miami area before the holidays
- Moet bottle made just for Miami champagne lovers
- Khloe Kardashian shows off her new boyfriend in Miami
- Kim Kardashian's midnight tanning session in Miami
- 'Selma' star David Oyelowo in Miami
- Donald Trump and Kanye West to Cause Traffic Kerfuffle in Miami
- Vogue with Madonna at Art Basel
- Kourtney Kardashian in Miami with Scott Disick
- Kanye West's five weirdest (and greatest) stories of 2016 (so far)
- Magic Mike style show coming to Miami