Jay Z: Decoded
Unveils a page of his book at the Delano pool
Jay-Z wowed the crowd at the Delano Hotel Wednesday night by unveiling a page of his upcoming memoir, Decoded. Page 120 to be exact.
Why would he do that? Because the rap mogul, along with search engine Bing, is part of a highly unusual interactive promotion process - a global scavenger hunt. Pages (blown up, of course) from the book can be found nontraditional sites like store windows, pool tables and yes, even the bottom of the Delano pool.
"I thought it was pretty cool," said the entertainer, whose possibly pregnant wife Beyonce was there, but stayed out of sight. "I'm trying to simplify the process - it's almost like a preview."
Finders are eligible to enter to win a trip to Las Vegas for New Year's Eve to see Jay-Z and Coldplay in concert.
Another incentive to go on the paper trail - a page may be worth something someday.
"I don't know if you could sell it, but you might," he said, laughing.
"Times are tough - I get it."
On Our Radar
- Demi Lovato: Eating disorder started when I was toddler
- Rap mogul Birdman dating Toni Braxton
- Sarah Jessica Parker popping in to Bloomingdale's Aventura
- 3 rare pre-embargo Cuban cigars to buy in Miami
- How to get the celebrity bikini body you crave
- Luis Guzman in Miami: Spanish is easier than French
- Miami artist Becky Rosa unveils massive public art installation at Wynwood gallery
- Antonio Banderas: I have an attachment to Miami
- Runway Reviews from Miami Fashion Week 2016
- Do you live in one of the most stressed out places in Florida?