Jay Z and Beyoncé kick off 'On the Run' tour in South Florida on June 25
The power couple's 16-city summer tour begins June 25 at Sun Life Stadium in Miami before wrapping up Aug. 5 in San Francisco.
Jay Z and Beyonce fans: It’s about to go down.
Hip-hop’s king and queen have just announced that they’re joining forces for their On the Run summer tour, and they’re taking their talents to South Florida first. The 16-city tour kicks off June 25 at Sun Life Stadium in Miami before wrapping up Aug. 5 in San Francisco.
Jay Z is no stranger to tour team-ups, having embarked on the highly successful Legends of the Summer Tour with pop-R&B prince Justin Timberlake last year. And he just finished up his 52-date Magna Carter World Tour in January. Beyonce is fresh off her own 132-date Mrs. Carter Show World Tour, which ended in March.
Together, the most successful couple in hip-hop history (they’ve each won 17 Grammy Awards, and recently became the music industry’s first billion-dollar duo) has an enormous arsenal of material to choose from for On the Run. Jay Z – widely considered one of the greatest rappers of all time – boasts hits including “Big Pimpin’,” “I Just Wanna Love U (Give It 2 Me),” “Hard Knock Life (Ghetto Anthem),” “Can I Get A …,” “Izzo (H.O.V.A.),” “Excuse Me Miss,” “Fiesta,” “Run This Town,” “Empire State of Mind,” “Numb/Encore,” “Show Me What You Got” and “99 Problems.”
Beyonce’s hit list is just as impressive: “Baby Boy,” “Irreplaceable,” “Single Ladies (Put a Ring On It),” “If I Were a Boy,” “Halo,” “Beautiful Liar,” “Run the World (Girls),” “Best Thing I Never Had” and “Love On Top.” With Destiny’s Child, she produced “Say My Name,” “Bills, Bills, Bills,” “Jumpin’, Jumpin’,” “Bootylicious,” “Survivor,” “Lose My Breath,” “Soldier” and “Independent Women Part 1.”
And the hits keep on coming: Jay Z and Beyonce can also duet on “Crazy In Love,” “’03 Bonnie & Clyde,” “Upgrade U,” “Déjà vu” and “Drunk In Love,” among many others.
Tickets ($39.50-$275) go on sale to the general public Fri., May 2. But hip-hop’s Royal Couple (they’re even close with President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama) has teamed up with Chase, so customers of the banking giant can get early access to tickets, starting at 10 a.m. Tuesday. But Beyonce’s Fan Club members can get the very first crack at tickets, beginning at 8 a.m. Tuesday.
On Our Radar
- Jennifer Lopez to perform free concert at Bayfront Park in support of Hillary Clinton
- Which Miami neighborhood will be the next to be ‘Art-Washed’?
- Five reasons to not give up on the Miami Heat
- Larsa and Scottie Pippen to divorce after 19 years
- Boo Madea star Tyler Perry: I don't like Halloween
- Florida has better taste in Halloween candy than most other states, says survey
- Phil Collins: 'I don’t like Miami particularly'
- DJ Irie gets put in the hot seat this Saturday at his own celebrity roast
- King Tide floods the streets of South Florida
- Jose Fernandez may get his own Miami street