Jay Reid entertaining crowds at Miami Improv
Start the laugh track: Superstar comedian, Jay Reid will be appearing at the Miami Improv in the Grove Sunday night.
Reid’s first big break came when he was chosen to be a contestant on BET’s (Black Entertainment Television Network) comedy competition, "Coming to the Stage," where he went head-to-head in a weekly comedic battle against other rising comedians.
As a result of the appearance and his overwhelming talent, Reid quickly began booking performances at notable comedy clubs such as The Laugh Factory, The Hollywood Improv, and The Comedy Store. In July 2009, Reid’s newfound popularity resulted in him being chosen to tour Iraq to entertain our U.S Army troops. That same year, Reid won Bill Bellamy's “Who’s Got Jokes?” on TVONE. After “Jokes” Reid quickly gained national attention and new fans. His animated and relatable style of comedy landed him a feature spot at the 2010 Essence Music Festival. Shortly thereafter, he filmed his own TVONE half hour comedy special “L.M.A.O.” Reid has since expanded his comedic talent into film, television and music. The popular funnyman was featured in the blockbuster movie “21” starring Kevin Spacey.
His comedy special, "Ladies Night Out Tour" premieres next month on Showtime.
On Our Radar
- A look at Pitbull's style evolution
- The 5 most affordable ways to get around South Beach
- Draya Michele debuts Mint Swim collection in Miami, shows off curves at the beach
- What Adrienne Bailon wears to the beach
- Carlos Ponce: I would never run for president
- Emma Roberts: I need to visit Miami more often
- Pitbull makes Miami look good in 'Sexy Beaches' video
- 7 cool booths to visit at Agenda Miami
- 5 ways Colombians in Miami celebrated their independence day
- 5 Things We Loved at Premios Juventud