Jay Reid entertaining crowds at Miami Improv
Start the laugh track: Superstar comedian, Jay Reid will be appearing at the Miami Improv in the Grove Sunday night.
Reid’s first big break came when he was chosen to be a contestant on BET’s (Black Entertainment Television Network) comedy competition, "Coming to the Stage," where he went head-to-head in a weekly comedic battle against other rising comedians.
As a result of the appearance and his overwhelming talent, Reid quickly began booking performances at notable comedy clubs such as The Laugh Factory, The Hollywood Improv, and The Comedy Store. In July 2009, Reid’s newfound popularity resulted in him being chosen to tour Iraq to entertain our U.S Army troops. That same year, Reid won Bill Bellamy's “Who’s Got Jokes?” on TVONE. After “Jokes” Reid quickly gained national attention and new fans. His animated and relatable style of comedy landed him a feature spot at the 2010 Essence Music Festival. Shortly thereafter, he filmed his own TVONE half hour comedy special “L.M.A.O.” Reid has since expanded his comedic talent into film, television and music. The popular funnyman was featured in the blockbuster movie “21” starring Kevin Spacey.
His comedy special, "Ladies Night Out Tour" premieres next month on Showtime.
On Our Radar
- Singer Lily Allen visits local spots
- Dwyane Wade & Gabrielle Union show honeymoon pics
- Chris Paciello buys home near country club in Miami Beach
- Locals turn out for Bill Clinton
- Ex Miami restaurateur Josh Woodward murder trial date set for February in Los Angeles
- Hip hop royalty in town
- Concerts from Usher and Adam Levine in South Florida
- Real Wolf of Wall Street coming to Miami
- Ultra Music Festival bans minors
- Enrique Iglesias & Anna Kournikova's romantic date