Jason Statham talks partying in South Beach
Filmed Transporter here
Jason Statham’s back doing what he does best: kicking butt and taking names in Homefront, out Wednesday. Instead of the one-man wrecking crew the Brit has played in movies like The Transporter, The Expendables and Parker, Statham is Phil Broker, a single dad (and ex DEA agent) fighting to protect his daughter from backwoods meth addicts — played by (believe it) James Franco, Kate Bosworth and Winona Ryder. We talked to the 46-year-old action star from the Delano Hotel about the film, coproduced by buddy/ Expendables costar Sylvester Stallone, who also wrote the screenplay and he reminisced about filming 2002’s “The Transporter” in Miami. Fun times. "I have very fond memories," Statham said. "I stayed in the Shore Club. I’m not sure if that was a good idea. We used to go out to this place Mynt, then hit a little kebob shop downstairs. It’s brilliant, I love it down here. People are chilled out and the party goes on."
On Our Radar
- Fort Lauderdale's Fish Tank Kings returns
- Wild and crazy guy: Steve O in town for shows
- Ben & Jerry’s Free Ice Cream Tasting
- Tax day cometh! Flo Rida pays his bill
- Joanna Krupa puts apartment up for sale
- Former 'Queer Eye' designer Thom Filicia lends his touch to new condo in Edgewater
- Key West company featured on 'The Profit'
- Miami Beach, Miami Gardens among nation’s most dangerous suburbs
- George Lopez talks 'Saint George' and 'Rio 2'
- Old Spice Guy Isaiah Mustafa spreads the love