Janet Jackson plays Miami
Dec. 5 show at Fillmore Miami Beach will be intimate affair
If you love Janet Jackson's music, but are a little turned off by the typical, overblown concert spectacles that focus more on bigger and better choreography than the actual songs, here's good news. Miss Nasty is coming to South Florida, but not at the BankAtlantic Center or some huge arena or stadium: She hits the intimate Fillmore Miami Beach on Dec. 5. Tickets ($69.50 - $225) go on sale at 10 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 10 at LiveNation.com or charge by phone at 800-745-3000.
The concert is part of her "Number Ones, Up Close and Personal Tour," during which she'll perform her 35 No. 1 hits, dedicating one song to each city on the tour. It's Jackson's first world tour since 2008's "Rock Witchu Tour," which never even made it to South Florida, as the scheduled date at the BAC on Oct. 7 was canceled.
Although promoters promise "no show will be the same," you're sure to hear all your favorites, from "Control" and "What Have You Done For Me Lately" to "Nasty" and "When I Think of You" to "Got Til It's Gone" and "All For You."
In a statement, Jackson said: "These concerts will be different from anything I have ever done. I will be as up close and personal as possible. These concerts are not about special effects. This is a love affair between me and those of you who have supported me and my work for all these years."
Amen to that.
Music in Miami
- Mayer Hawthorne headlines free concert in Miami for Mercedes-Benz Evolution Tour tonight
- Afro Roots World Music Festival boasts a bounty of genres
- Revew: Ray Lamontagne pours his blues-filled soul over Miami Beach
- J-Lo, Neon Trees and sexy summer bodies ruled Saturday night's iHeartRadio Ultimate Pool Party
- Review: Beyonce and Jay Z concert is an expert exercise in fabulosity and pop myth-making.
- Review: Romeo Santos seduces Miami at AmericanAirlines Arena concert
- Review: Morrissey shows his talents remain in fine form at sold-out concert at Arsht Center
- Neon Trees performs in South Florida
- Review: Lady Antebellum swoons crowd at Seminole Hard Rock concert
- Indie-rockers The Head and The Heart in Miami