Janet Jackson plays Miami
Dec. 5 show at Fillmore Miami Beach will be intimate affair
If you love Janet Jackson's music, but are a little turned off by the typical, overblown concert spectacles that focus more on bigger and better choreography than the actual songs, here's good news. Miss Nasty is coming to South Florida, but not at the BankAtlantic Center or some huge arena or stadium: She hits the intimate Fillmore Miami Beach on Dec. 5. Tickets ($69.50 - $225) go on sale at 10 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 10 at LiveNation.com or charge by phone at 800-745-3000.
The concert is part of her "Number Ones, Up Close and Personal Tour," during which she'll perform her 35 No. 1 hits, dedicating one song to each city on the tour. It's Jackson's first world tour since 2008's "Rock Witchu Tour," which never even made it to South Florida, as the scheduled date at the BAC on Oct. 7 was canceled.
Although promoters promise "no show will be the same," you're sure to hear all your favorites, from "Control" and "What Have You Done For Me Lately" to "Nasty" and "When I Think of You" to "Got Til It's Gone" and "All For You."
In a statement, Jackson said: "These concerts will be different from anything I have ever done. I will be as up close and personal as possible. These concerts are not about special effects. This is a love affair between me and those of you who have supported me and my work for all these years."
Amen to that.
Music in Miami
- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis play Fillmore Miami Beach on Jan. 19
- Nick Jonas heads to Miami to perform sexy R&B hits
- Lazy Sunday takes on a new meaning with Fool's Gold Day Off music event
- Dweezil Zappa honors his father's legacy in South Florida concert
- Rick Springfield brings tour to South Florida
- Amtrac Takes Over Basement This Friday, August 28
- The Mowgli’s play two free pop-up sets on Miami Beach on Monday
- Life In Color Early Bird Tickets Are Now On Sale
- Concert Review: Ariana Grande's tour stops in South Florida for an energetic homecoming
- Do Not Sit On the Furniture Kicks Off Independence Day Weekend with Nora En Pure