J&G Grill's Chef de Cuisine Richard Gras bails from Bal Harbour to serve as executive chef at Oak in Dallas
Jean-Georges' Miami restaurant loses its chef but gains Brad Kilgore
Jean-Georges Vongerichten's J&G Grill at the St. Regis Bal Harbour has lost its Chef de Cuisine, Richard Gras, to Dallas. Gras is heading there to serve as executive chef of that city's four-star Design District restaurant, Oak. According to The Dallas Morning News food blog, Gras takes over on Monday July 15. As for who takes over for him in Miami, that information is forthcoming according to St. Regis Bal Harbour Marketing Manager Nikolai T. Ursin, who told us, "We will have an announcement on the new chef soon. Richard was part of our pre-opening team and has done amazing things with the J&G menu, and we wish him all the best!"
UPDATE (7/22/13): So word on the street is that Brad Kilgore, formerly of Azul and Route 9, has filled the void left by Gras and will take over J&G Grill sometime very soon. Good move, if so.
- DB Bistro Moderne Miami goes casual for the summer
- Sugar Factory American Brasserie to celebrate its Miami opening in June with Kylie Jenner
- Amy Kalinowski is the new pastry chef at Michael's Genuine Food & Drink
- PBS Chef Irie's May 7 Hidden Kitchen collaboration
- The Local Craft Food & Drink launches new menu at open-to-public party tonight
- Morimoto South Beach launches $65 'Greatest Hits' menu
- Vikram Katoch appointed new executive chef at Bianca
- Restaurant-season slowdown hits Miami
- Caviar launches Miami delivery service from Blue Collar, Miami Smokers and more
- BBQ night at Harry's Pizzeria