J&G Grill's Chef de Cuisine Richard Gras bails from Bal Harbour to serve as executive chef at Oak in Dallas
Jean-Georges' Miami restaurant loses its chef but gains Brad Kilgore
Jean-Georges Vongerichten's J&G Grill at the St. Regis Bal Harbour has lost its Chef de Cuisine, Richard Gras, to Dallas. Gras is heading there to serve as executive chef of that city's four-star Design District restaurant, Oak. According to The Dallas Morning News food blog, Gras takes over on Monday July 15. As for who takes over for him in Miami, that information is forthcoming according to St. Regis Bal Harbour Marketing Manager Nikolai T. Ursin, who told us, "We will have an announcement on the new chef soon. Richard was part of our pre-opening team and has done amazing things with the J&G menu, and we wish him all the best!"
UPDATE (7/22/13): So word on the street is that Brad Kilgore, formerly of Azul and Route 9, has filled the void left by Gras and will take over J&G Grill sometime very soon. Good move, if so.
- Former Miami restaurant owner Joshua Woodward pleaded no contest Friday to attempted murder for trying to induce a miscarriage
- Jose Garces planning Miami restaurant
- Update: CANCELED Brooklyn's Pies 'n' Thighs pops up at the Mondrian
- Restaurant Michael Schwartz is out at the Raleigh Hotel on South Beach
- Raleigh on the sale rack and Restaurant Michael Schwartz out?
- Luther Campbell hosts dinner party at Mignonette on November 11
- Chef Jeremiah & Roel Alcudia team up on gastroDobo, a 1-night Filipino pop-up in Wynwood
- GK Bistronomie bringing 'globally inspired Peruvian' cuisine to Wynwood
- Habit Burger opens in Miami, donates first-week proceeds to charity
- 'Chopped' champ Mathias Gervais opening modern Asian restaurant at The Setai