J&G Grill's Chef de Cuisine Richard Gras bails from Bal Harbour to serve as executive chef at Oak in Dallas
Jean-Georges' Miami restaurant loses its chef but gains Brad Kilgore
Jean-Georges Vongerichten's J&G Grill at the St. Regis Bal Harbour has lost its Chef de Cuisine, Richard Gras, to Dallas. Gras is heading there to serve as executive chef of that city's four-star Design District restaurant, Oak. According to The Dallas Morning News food blog, Gras takes over on Monday July 15. As for who takes over for him in Miami, that information is forthcoming according to St. Regis Bal Harbour Marketing Manager Nikolai T. Ursin, who told us, "We will have an announcement on the new chef soon. Richard was part of our pre-opening team and has done amazing things with the J&G menu, and we wish him all the best!"
UPDATE (7/22/13): So word on the street is that Brad Kilgore, formerly of Azul and Route 9, has filled the void left by Gras and will take over J&G Grill sometime very soon. Good move, if so.
St. Regis Bal Harbour
9703 Collins Ave.
- Ex Milos chef to head up kitchen at Miami River Greek spot, KIKI on the River
- Rick Bayless restaurant Red O opening in downtown Miami next summer
- Where sushi blends old world and new on South Beach
- Top 5 Arepas in Miami from Yelp
- Mimo Restaurant The Fed Shuts Down
- Where to find artisanal chocolate in South Florida
- These are the most popular Indian restaurants in Miami
- How to get gourmet clean eating in South Beach
- RIP Randazzo's Little Italy in Coral Gables
- Who has Miami's favorite acai bowls? Yelp! weighs in