J&G Grill's Chef de Cuisine Richard Gras bails from Bal Harbour to serve as executive chef at Oak in Dallas
Jean-Georges' Miami restaurant loses its chef but gains Brad Kilgore
Jean-Georges Vongerichten's J&G Grill at the St. Regis Bal Harbour has lost its Chef de Cuisine, Richard Gras, to Dallas. Gras is heading there to serve as executive chef of that city's four-star Design District restaurant, Oak. According to The Dallas Morning News food blog, Gras takes over on Monday July 15. As for who takes over for him in Miami, that information is forthcoming according to St. Regis Bal Harbour Marketing Manager Nikolai T. Ursin, who told us, "We will have an announcement on the new chef soon. Richard was part of our pre-opening team and has done amazing things with the J&G menu, and we wish him all the best!"
UPDATE (7/22/13): So word on the street is that Brad Kilgore, formerly of Azul and Route 9, has filled the void left by Gras and will take over J&G Grill sometime very soon. Good move, if so.
- Sriracha House slings heat in South Beach
- David's Cafe on Collins closing after 37 years
- Blackbrick Brings on the Brunch
- Pubbelly introduces PB Fish, a seafood pop-up at PB Steak starting April 8
- AQ by Acqualina, featuring Dewey LoSasso & Hiro's Yakko San
- Mansion morphing into "Miami-style country western line dancing" club with Blue Collar's Danny Serfer serving "large plates"
- Las Olas hot spot American Social opening in ex Waxy O'Connor's space
- Allen Susser's Daily Melt grilling the cheese up in Fort Lauderdale on April 1
- Brewery Ommegang's HopChef competition heads to Miami in April
- Nina Compton cooks at Swine Southern Table & Bar on April 24