J&G Grill's Chef de Cuisine Richard Gras bails from Bal Harbour to serve as executive chef at Oak in Dallas
Jean-Georges' Miami restaurant loses its chef but gains Brad Kilgore
Jean-Georges Vongerichten's J&G Grill at the St. Regis Bal Harbour has lost its Chef de Cuisine, Richard Gras, to Dallas. Gras is heading there to serve as executive chef of that city's four-star Design District restaurant, Oak. According to The Dallas Morning News food blog, Gras takes over on Monday July 15. As for who takes over for him in Miami, that information is forthcoming according to St. Regis Bal Harbour Marketing Manager Nikolai T. Ursin, who told us, "We will have an announcement on the new chef soon. Richard was part of our pre-opening team and has done amazing things with the J&G menu, and we wish him all the best!"
UPDATE (7/22/13): So word on the street is that Brad Kilgore, formerly of Azul and Route 9, has filled the void left by Gras and will take over J&G Grill sometime very soon. Good move, if so.
St. Regis Bal Harbour
9703 Collins Ave.
- Food Network chef Ben Vaughn joins Swine Southern Table & Bar for 2-month takeover
- Michael Pirolo, Aaron Brooks & Niven Patel join Kaytlin Brakefield on 3-course collab
- Chef Michael Schwartz to open Fi’lia, a new Italian concept, in Brickell in fall of 2016
- Move over koji: The "Approachable" Restaurant is Miami's latest, hottest food trend
- Picking your political poison: Broken Shaker debuts the Sorry Donald cocktail
- Who makes Miami's prettiest latte?
- 9 recipes to get you in the mood for #NegroniWeek
- Eating House's Giorgio Rapicavoli's 2-night Azul collaboration
- Donuts and cocktails for Friday's National Donut Day
- A new Top 10: Cypress Tavern cracks list of 2016's best-reviewed restaurants