Jamie DeRosa's Tongue & Cheek, serving 'ingredient-driven American fare' opening in Spring 2013
DeRosa takes over the former Tuscan Steak space
Since leaving his post as execu-chef at the restaurant formerly known as Tudor House, chef Jamie DeRosa has kept Miami food fans on their toes as to his next move. Finally, after many rumors, murmurs and hearsay, we can announce that DeRosa, along with business partner Michael Reginbogin, plan to open Tongue & Cheek in the space formerly known as Tuscan Steak sometime this Spring.
“We didn’t call it ‘Tongue & Cheek’ for nothing,” says DeRosa, who promises food that will benefit from tons of technique but a conscientious lack of self-indulgence. “We want to wow people with simple yet sophisticated food they’ll want to eat every day."
The menu, still in development, will feature, among other things, a list of small plates made-to-order at the eat-in “snack bar.” In addition to starters, composed main-plates and sides, the menu will feature an inspired daily chef’s special. Inspired by what? “Could be anything,” DeRosa says, from current trends in cuisine, politics and pop culture to art and music.
- Chef Jeremiah opening in Aventura Mall & joining Grant Achatz's restaurant rez system Tock
- BREAKING: Hedy Goldsmith leaving The Genuine Hospitality Group, relocating to LA
- STK's 'more accessible' sibling STK Rebel opening in downtown Miami
- Crumb on Parchment alum Nicole Votano tapped as Fooq's executive chef
- Chef Art Smith is giving away #101GayWeddings at James Royal Palm during #SOBEWFF
- Lucky Strike bowling lanes on Miami Beach closes; Trader Joe's moving in?
- Armadillo Cafe to open in Boca Raton
- New taco shop to open Dec. 29 in Miami Beach
- STK Miami opening delayed after sprinkler accident causes extensive damage
- ROK: BGR hosts Fall Beer Festival this Wednesday