Jamie DeRosa's Tongue & Cheek, serving 'ingredient-driven American fare' opening in Spring 2013
DeRosa takes over the former Tuscan Steak space
Since leaving his post as execu-chef at the restaurant formerly known as Tudor House, chef Jamie DeRosa has kept Miami food fans on their toes as to his next move. Finally, after many rumors, murmurs and hearsay, we can announce that DeRosa, along with business partner Michael Reginbogin, plan to open Tongue & Cheek in the space formerly known as Tuscan Steak sometime this Spring.
“We didn’t call it ‘Tongue & Cheek’ for nothing,” says DeRosa, who promises food that will benefit from tons of technique but a conscientious lack of self-indulgence. “We want to wow people with simple yet sophisticated food they’ll want to eat every day."
The menu, still in development, will feature, among other things, a list of small plates made-to-order at the eat-in “snack bar.” In addition to starters, composed main-plates and sides, the menu will feature an inspired daily chef’s special. Inspired by what? “Could be anything,” DeRosa says, from current trends in cuisine, politics and pop culture to art and music.
- Golden Fig opening to the public July 27
- Hyde Beach Kitchen+Cocktails coming to Hallandale Beach later this summer
- Chef Allen Susser delivers a sustainable seafood dinner
- Wapo Taco! opening Coral Gables location Friday July 10 with free tacos & beer
- Golden Fig farmhouse restaurant opening late summer in ex OTC space
- Pierre's, Morada Beach Cafe off the market with new executive chef, Ishmael Toro
- Dinner at La Savina at Mondrian out; Brooklyn's Momo Sushi Shack 'pop-up' in
- Ted's at YoungArts closed
- LGBT Night at Dos Caminos
- OTC closes in Brickell after 3-year run