Jamie DeRosa's Tongue & Cheek, serving 'ingredient-driven American fare' opening in Spring 2013
DeRosa takes over the former Tuscan Steak space
Since leaving his post as execu-chef at the restaurant formerly known as Tudor House, chef Jamie DeRosa has kept Miami food fans on their toes as to his next move. Finally, after many rumors, murmurs and hearsay, we can announce that DeRosa, along with business partner Michael Reginbogin, plan to open Tongue & Cheek in the space formerly known as Tuscan Steak sometime this Spring.
“We didn’t call it ‘Tongue & Cheek’ for nothing,” says DeRosa, who promises food that will benefit from tons of technique but a conscientious lack of self-indulgence. “We want to wow people with simple yet sophisticated food they’ll want to eat every day."
The menu, still in development, will feature, among other things, a list of small plates made-to-order at the eat-in “snack bar.” In addition to starters, composed main-plates and sides, the menu will feature an inspired daily chef’s special. Inspired by what? “Could be anything,” DeRosa says, from current trends in cuisine, politics and pop culture to art and music.
- Ms. Cheezious giving away free food & swag today in The Hangover Part III promo
- Executive Chef Wanted: E. Michael Reidt out at Area 31
- Social media stalking travel app names Perricone's as Miami's #1 restaurant
- As the Rumor Mill Churns: Il Mulino to South Beach & a blind item
- Umami Burger South Beach opening at 11 a.m. May 10
- Cipriani opening Friday, May 10
- Area 31 expands outdoor terrace while indoors gets a revamp
- World of Beer Midtown opening May 6
- Michael Mina reportedly opening second Miami restaurant in the Fontainebleau
- STK Miami closed for a "disco nap"