Jamie DeRosa's Tongue & Cheek, serving 'ingredient-driven American fare' opening in Spring 2013
DeRosa takes over the former Tuscan Steak space
Since leaving his post as execu-chef at the restaurant formerly known as Tudor House, chef Jamie DeRosa has kept Miami food fans on their toes as to his next move. Finally, after many rumors, murmurs and hearsay, we can announce that DeRosa, along with business partner Michael Reginbogin, plan to open Tongue & Cheek in the space formerly known as Tuscan Steak sometime this Spring.
“We didn’t call it ‘Tongue & Cheek’ for nothing,” says DeRosa, who promises food that will benefit from tons of technique but a conscientious lack of self-indulgence. “We want to wow people with simple yet sophisticated food they’ll want to eat every day."
The menu, still in development, will feature, among other things, a list of small plates made-to-order at the eat-in “snack bar.” In addition to starters, composed main-plates and sides, the menu will feature an inspired daily chef’s special. Inspired by what? “Could be anything,” DeRosa says, from current trends in cuisine, politics and pop culture to art and music.
- Top Chef Masters contestant Herb Wilson is executive chef of SoFi's forthcoming Red Ginger
- Michelle Bernstein to bring a little Crumb on Parchment to Miami Dolphins games
- Albert Trummer's Drawing Room Bar & Lounge to open at new Shelborne
- Seasalt & Pepper slammed with new lawsuits
- La Maison owes $12,922.69 in back rent
- Adria Alum opening Piripi in the Gables
- London's Coya opening on Brickell
- Unlimited tacos and beer for $18.21 debuts at Toro Toro
- New kitchen leadership at Bocce Bar
- Mignonette oyster bar in Miami's Edgwater slated for Aug. 1 opening and we have the menu!