Jamie DeRosa's Tongue & Cheek, serving 'ingredient-driven American fare' opening in Spring 2013
DeRosa takes over the former Tuscan Steak space
Since leaving his post as execu-chef at the restaurant formerly known as Tudor House, chef Jamie DeRosa has kept Miami food fans on their toes as to his next move. Finally, after many rumors, murmurs and hearsay, we can announce that DeRosa, along with business partner Michael Reginbogin, plan to open Tongue & Cheek in the space formerly known as Tuscan Steak sometime this Spring.
“We didn’t call it ‘Tongue & Cheek’ for nothing,” says DeRosa, who promises food that will benefit from tons of technique but a conscientious lack of self-indulgence. “We want to wow people with simple yet sophisticated food they’ll want to eat every day."
The menu, still in development, will feature, among other things, a list of small plates made-to-order at the eat-in “snack bar.” In addition to starters, composed main-plates and sides, the menu will feature an inspired daily chef’s special. Inspired by what? “Could be anything,” DeRosa says, from current trends in cuisine, politics and pop culture to art and music.
- Golden Fig farmhouse restaurant opening late summer in ex OTC space
- Pierre's, Morada Beach Cafe off the market with new executive chef, Ishmael Toro
- Dinner at La Savina at Mondrian out; Brooklyn's Momo Sushi Shack 'pop-up' in
- Ted's at YoungArts closed
- LGBT Night at Dos Caminos
- OTC closes in Brickell after 3-year run
- Morimoto South Beach introduces weekend brunch
- Ex District chef, James Beard nominee Horacio Rivadero appointed executive chef at Tantalize
- More tacos on the way: Wapo Taco opening in Coral Gables
- DB Bistro Moderne Miami goes casual for the summer