From James Beard to Blogger: Hedy Goldsmith debuts as Food Network's sweetest new scribe
MGFD pastry chef is Food Network's newest blogger; will contribute recipes to CookingChannelTV.com this summer
Michael's Genuine Food & Drink pastry priestess Hedy Goldsmith is a very busy woman. On the heels of the release of her first cookbook, BAKING OUT LOUD: Fun Desserts with Big Flavors, the James Beard-nominated Goldsmith will juggle her time in the kitchens at MGFD and Harry's Pizzeria with contributing all new material to Foodnetwork.com's FN Dish and original recipes to CookingChannelTV.com. Goldsmith's posts on FN Dish will go live every other Wednesday, starting today. "Some of my fondest early memories include trips to the Entenmann's bakery outlet with my mom and experiments in the Easy-Bake Oven," Goldsmith says. "As a pastry chef, keeping the fun in dessert is very important to me. I'm excited to help the home baker do the same with tips and recipes that any fan of crispy, crunchy, creamy, chocolaty, salty-sweet will love." Goldsmith's CookingChannelTV.com gig starts in the summer and will include ten of her original recipes. There may be no rest, but at least there are lots of sweets, for the weary.
- New at Townhouse: K Ramen. Burger. Beer. Plus rooftop "destination" The Cape
- COYO Taco's Scott Linquist opens OLLA Nov. 28 on Lincoln Road
- Bazaar Mar by José Andrés at SLS Brickell open for biz Nov. 22
- My Ceviche opening 6th outpost later this month at The Shops at Midtown
- Is Jack Nicholson an investor in a soon-to-open Miami restaurant?
- Michael Schwartz's Fi'lia opens in Brickell next week
- Brazil's 24/7 French bistro Paris 6 opening October 24 on Miami Beach
- Mignonette opening second location in ex-Gourmet Diner space on Biscayne
- Ferran Adrià, Jorge Muñoz, Aaron Mulliss & Nick Beardshaw in Miami for Estrella Damm Gastronomy Congress
- Soyka's second act: Miami restaurateur to open first restaurant in 15 years