From James Beard to Blogger: Hedy Goldsmith debuts as Food Network's sweetest new scribe
MGFD pastry chef is Food Network's newest blogger; will contribute recipes to CookingChannelTV.com this summer
Michael's Genuine Food & Drink pastry priestess Hedy Goldsmith is a very busy woman. On the heels of the release of her first cookbook, BAKING OUT LOUD: Fun Desserts with Big Flavors, the James Beard-nominated Goldsmith will juggle her time in the kitchens at MGFD and Harry's Pizzeria with contributing all new material to Foodnetwork.com's FN Dish and original recipes to CookingChannelTV.com. Goldsmith's posts on FN Dish will go live every other Wednesday, starting today. "Some of my fondest early memories include trips to the Entenmann's bakery outlet with my mom and experiments in the Easy-Bake Oven," Goldsmith says. "As a pastry chef, keeping the fun in dessert is very important to me. I'm excited to help the home baker do the same with tips and recipes that any fan of crispy, crunchy, creamy, chocolaty, salty-sweet will love." Goldsmith's CookingChannelTV.com gig starts in the summer and will include ten of her original recipes. There may be no rest, but at least there are lots of sweets, for the weary.
- These are the most popular Indian restaurants in Miami
- How to get gourmet clean eating in South Beach
- RIP Randazzo's Little Italy in Coral Gables
- Who has Miami's favorite acai bowls? Yelp! weighs in
- Tap 42 opening second Miami location in ex-Aperio space in Midtown
- Nibble + Squeak dining club for "parents with pipsqueaks" launches in Miami August 24 at Mignonette
- The Rumor Mill: Murmurs of more Miami restaurant, market closings and chef firings . . .
- 305 Brews beer and coffee bar opening in August in Midtown Miami
- Alex Chang leaves The Vagabond, which will re-debut with new chef, new name
- Food Network chef Ben Vaughn joins Swine Southern Table & Bar for 2-month takeover