From James Beard to Blogger: Hedy Goldsmith debuts as Food Network's sweetest new scribe
MGFD pastry chef is Food Network's newest blogger; will contribute recipes to CookingChannelTV.com this summer
Michael's Genuine Food & Drink pastry priestess Hedy Goldsmith is a very busy woman. On the heels of the release of her first cookbook, BAKING OUT LOUD: Fun Desserts with Big Flavors, the James Beard-nominated Goldsmith will juggle her time in the kitchens at MGFD and Harry's Pizzeria with contributing all new material to Foodnetwork.com's FN Dish and original recipes to CookingChannelTV.com. Goldsmith's posts on FN Dish will go live every other Wednesday, starting today. "Some of my fondest early memories include trips to the Entenmann's bakery outlet with my mom and experiments in the Easy-Bake Oven," Goldsmith says. "As a pastry chef, keeping the fun in dessert is very important to me. I'm excited to help the home baker do the same with tips and recipes that any fan of crispy, crunchy, creamy, chocolaty, salty-sweet will love." Goldsmith's CookingChannelTV.com gig starts in the summer and will include ten of her original recipes. There may be no rest, but at least there are lots of sweets, for the weary.
- New kitchen leadership at Bocce Bar
- Mignonette oyster bar in Miami's Edgwater slated for Aug. 1 opening and we have the menu!
- Jerry's Famous Deli on South Beach is now closed
- Now open: N by Naoe, Kevin Cory's new Brickell Key prix fixe lunch spot
- Ibiza club and Señor Frog's opening in South Beach?
- Umami Burger in Miami Beach closed; Blue Collar has new chef de cuisine; Phillip Bryant leaves Swine
- Khong River House experiments with new menu items
- Closed for "summer vacation": La Maison Miami
- CATCH is closed and allegedly moving to a new Miami location
- NYC-based the Chef Agency expands to Miami