From James Beard to Blogger: Hedy Goldsmith debuts as Food Network's sweetest new scribe
MGFD pastry chef is Food Network's newest blogger; will contribute recipes to CookingChannelTV.com this summer
Michael's Genuine Food & Drink pastry priestess Hedy Goldsmith is a very busy woman. On the heels of the release of her first cookbook, BAKING OUT LOUD: Fun Desserts with Big Flavors, the James Beard-nominated Goldsmith will juggle her time in the kitchens at MGFD and Harry's Pizzeria with contributing all new material to Foodnetwork.com's FN Dish and original recipes to CookingChannelTV.com. Goldsmith's posts on FN Dish will go live every other Wednesday, starting today. "Some of my fondest early memories include trips to the Entenmann's bakery outlet with my mom and experiments in the Easy-Bake Oven," Goldsmith says. "As a pastry chef, keeping the fun in dessert is very important to me. I'm excited to help the home baker do the same with tips and recipes that any fan of crispy, crunchy, creamy, chocolaty, salty-sweet will love." Goldsmith's CookingChannelTV.com gig starts in the summer and will include ten of her original recipes. There may be no rest, but at least there are lots of sweets, for the weary.
- Blackbrick Brings on the Brunch
- Pubbelly introduces PB Fish, a seafood pop-up at PB Steak starting April 8
- AQ by Acqualina, featuring Dewey LoSasso & Hiro's Yakko San
- Mansion morphing into "Miami-style country western line dancing" club with Blue Collar's Danny Serfer serving "large plates"
- Las Olas hot spot American Social opening in ex Waxy O'Connor's space
- Allen Susser's Daily Melt grilling the cheese up in Fort Lauderdale on April 1
- Brewery Ommegang's HopChef competition heads to Miami in April
- Nina Compton cooks at Swine Southern Table & Bar on April 24
- Loba, "Latin spice and Southern Comfort" coming to Biscayne Blvd.
- La Mar by Gastón Acurio opens at Mandarin Oriental, Miami on Wednesday, March 19