From James Beard to Blogger: Hedy Goldsmith debuts as Food Network's sweetest new scribe
MGFD pastry chef is Food Network's newest blogger; will contribute recipes to CookingChannelTV.com this summer
Michael's Genuine Food & Drink pastry priestess Hedy Goldsmith is a very busy woman. On the heels of the release of her first cookbook, BAKING OUT LOUD: Fun Desserts with Big Flavors, the James Beard-nominated Goldsmith will juggle her time in the kitchens at MGFD and Harry's Pizzeria with contributing all new material to Foodnetwork.com's FN Dish and original recipes to CookingChannelTV.com. Goldsmith's posts on FN Dish will go live every other Wednesday, starting today. "Some of my fondest early memories include trips to the Entenmann's bakery outlet with my mom and experiments in the Easy-Bake Oven," Goldsmith says. "As a pastry chef, keeping the fun in dessert is very important to me. I'm excited to help the home baker do the same with tips and recipes that any fan of crispy, crunchy, creamy, chocolaty, salty-sweet will love." Goldsmith's CookingChannelTV.com gig starts in the summer and will include ten of her original recipes. There may be no rest, but at least there are lots of sweets, for the weary.
- Coya Miami opening Thursday, February 19
- 3.5 star review can't keep 27 open; Broken Shaker, restaurant shut temporarily at Freehand
- Wynwood Diner opening in March
- Chef Jeremiah opening in Aventura Mall & joining Grant Achatz's restaurant rez system Tock
- BREAKING: Hedy Goldsmith leaving The Genuine Hospitality Group, relocating to LA
- STK's 'more accessible' sibling STK Rebel opening in downtown Miami
- Crumb on Parchment alum Nicole Votano tapped as Fooq's executive chef
- Chef Art Smith is giving away #101GayWeddings at James Royal Palm during #SOBEWFF
- Lucky Strike bowling lanes on Miami Beach closes; Trader Joe's moving in?
- Armadillo Cafe to open in Boca Raton