Oceanaire celebrates Jamaican independence day
Oceanaire celebrates Jamaican Independence Day Saturday, Aug 6 with a special a la carte menu by executive chef Kareem Anguin. In addition to the restaurant’s regular menu, specialty items will include grilled pineapple and mixed green salad; Red Stripe-steamed P.E.I mussels; shrimp and grits (pictured); Island cracked conch fritters; grilled jerked Panamanian black grouper and pan seared New Bedford sea scallops “Land & Sea” with braised short ribs and pumpkin risotto..
Jamaican Independence Day Dinner
Aug 6, 5-11pm
900 South Miami Avenue, Miami
- Taste Chinese, Mexican and Japanese in one bite — for one night only
- A vegetarian gastropub? It's coming to (where else?) South Beach
- Where you can taste a prize-winning doughnut in Miami
- These are Miami's most popular brunch spots, says Yelp
- Pollo Tropical wants you to cheat — on your chicken
- Three perfect words: Free chocolate croissants
- Burgers and beer in Brickell on National Cheeseburger Day
- Who has Miami's favorite fried chicken?
- This local Haitian chef will be on Food Network — again
- A reason for Miami foodies to drive north to Palm Beach