Jake Owen will headline the Discover Halftime Show
Adding to the tradition of one of college football’s premier bowl games, platinum recording singer-songwriter Jake Owen will headline the Discover Halftime Show.
That's not all. Xenia, from NBC’s “The Voice,” will perform the National Anthem during the Discover Orange Bowl Countdown to Kick off at the 2013 Discover Orange Bowl on January 1, 2013 at Sun Life Stadium.
Owen, a new dad, joins a long-standing tradition of top entertainment showcased during the Orange Bowl halftime show, which has included Train, the Goo Goo Dolls, Kelly Clarkson, Jessica Simpson, Ciara, ZZ Top and the Doobie Brothers in recent years.
Owen, who was nominated for a Grammy award for his revival of “Life in a Northern Town”with Sugarland and Little Big Townin 2008, became a star so quickly that he didn’t have time to memorize any country music rule book – which made it that much easier to toss it out the window.
Guided by sheer musical instinct, a drive for self-improvement and a willingness to experiment, the singer-songwriter has crafted Barefoot Blue Jean Night, his third album, as one of the most innovative country collections of the year. To date, the album has launched back-to-back, multi-week No. 1 hits with the PLATINUM-selling title track and the GOLD-certified “Alone with You.” His current single from the album, “The One That Got Away,” is Top 5-and-climbing at country radio.
On Our Radar
- Paulina Rubio in hot water over concert no show
- John Leguizamo in Miami to talk new movie
- Dave Chappelle seen at club until the wee hours
- Mario Chalmers hosts first annual Red Hot Winter Wonderland
- Robi Draco Rosa reveals that cancer has returned
- Demi Lovato a headliner at Y100 Jingle Ball
- Strange turn in Justin Bieber lawsuit
- Is Lindsay Lohan behind Basel beatdown?
- Paul Walker to costar with Miami native
- Michael Jordan's wife expecting