Jake Owen will headline the Discover Halftime Show
Adding to the tradition of one of college football’s premier bowl games, platinum recording singer-songwriter Jake Owen will headline the Discover Halftime Show.
That's not all. Xenia, from NBC’s “The Voice,” will perform the National Anthem during the Discover Orange Bowl Countdown to Kick off at the 2013 Discover Orange Bowl on January 1, 2013 at Sun Life Stadium.
Owen, a new dad, joins a long-standing tradition of top entertainment showcased during the Orange Bowl halftime show, which has included Train, the Goo Goo Dolls, Kelly Clarkson, Jessica Simpson, Ciara, ZZ Top and the Doobie Brothers in recent years.
Owen, who was nominated for a Grammy award for his revival of “Life in a Northern Town”with Sugarland and Little Big Townin 2008, became a star so quickly that he didn’t have time to memorize any country music rule book – which made it that much easier to toss it out the window.
Guided by sheer musical instinct, a drive for self-improvement and a willingness to experiment, the singer-songwriter has crafted Barefoot Blue Jean Night, his third album, as one of the most innovative country collections of the year. To date, the album has launched back-to-back, multi-week No. 1 hits with the PLATINUM-selling title track and the GOLD-certified “Alone with You.” His current single from the album, “The One That Got Away,” is Top 5-and-climbing at country radio.
On Our Radar
- Draya Michele debuts Mint Swim collection in Miami, shows off curves at the beach
- What Adrienne Bailon wears to the beach
- Carlos Ponce: I would never run for president
- Emma Roberts: I need to visit Miami more often
- Pitbull makes Miami look good in 'Sexy Beaches' video
- 7 cool booths to visit at Agenda Miami
- 5 ways Colombians in Miami celebrated their independence day
- 5 Things We Loved at Premios Juventud
- You'll Never Guess Where 'The Rock' Calls his Favorite Place to Eat in Miami
- How to keep getting Miami.com on Facebook