Jake Owen will headline the Discover Halftime Show
Adding to the tradition of one of college football’s premier bowl games, platinum recording singer-songwriter Jake Owen will headline the Discover Halftime Show.
That's not all. Xenia, from NBC’s “The Voice,” will perform the National Anthem during the Discover Orange Bowl Countdown to Kick off at the 2013 Discover Orange Bowl on January 1, 2013 at Sun Life Stadium.
Owen, a new dad, joins a long-standing tradition of top entertainment showcased during the Orange Bowl halftime show, which has included Train, the Goo Goo Dolls, Kelly Clarkson, Jessica Simpson, Ciara, ZZ Top and the Doobie Brothers in recent years.
Owen, who was nominated for a Grammy award for his revival of “Life in a Northern Town”with Sugarland and Little Big Townin 2008, became a star so quickly that he didn’t have time to memorize any country music rule book – which made it that much easier to toss it out the window.
Guided by sheer musical instinct, a drive for self-improvement and a willingness to experiment, the singer-songwriter has crafted Barefoot Blue Jean Night, his third album, as one of the most innovative country collections of the year. To date, the album has launched back-to-back, multi-week No. 1 hits with the PLATINUM-selling title track and the GOLD-certified “Alone with You.” His current single from the album, “The One That Got Away,” is Top 5-and-climbing at country radio.
On Our Radar
- Rick Ross celebrates 10 years of 'Port of Miami'
- 5 reasons why everyone should watch Premios Tu Mundo
- Ricky Martin in Miami Beach with Maluma
- Armand Assante remembers 'Mambo Kings' premiere
- Zika cases found in Miami Beach, pregnant women warned to stay away by CDC
- Kanye West's Life of Pablo pop up shop in Miami
- Miami hurdler Brianna Rollins rules!
- Disney princess Aimee Carrero a Miami girl
- Are Anna Kournikova and Enrique Iglesias married?
- 6 things to do so you don't get Zika