ITEM Miami Beach
For a brush with New England beach lifestyle, one need only visit ITEM Miami Beach.
The lowdown: Potato chips, whale-watching, Rachael Ray, clambakes, madras prints — Cape Cod embodies all things happy, snappy and all-American. For a brush with New England beach lifestyle, one need only visit ITEM Miami Beach. While the original ITEM shop is located in Provincetown, Massachusetts, ITEM Miami Beach Managing Partner Mark Ferrari says, “We’re brining a new and different perspective to the beach lifestyle that you currently find in South Beach — ITEM is all about modern prep.”
The ‘hood: The boutique is located a hop-skip-and-jump-away from Lincoln Road on Meridian Avenue.
The ambience: Think contemporary and organic. Furniture custom built from raw untreated wood coupled with polished steel lamps hanging from the ceiling ooze a sea-chic vibe. “We’ve created a very simple yet stylish shopping environment where everyone can feel comfortable and really enjoy their experience,” Ferrari says.
Highlights: Scoop up an ITEM hook belt ($88), Saltbox swim shorts ($68) and Scotch & Soda nautical stripe beach dress ($125) — without cruising to the coveted Cape.
The managing partner says: “ITEM is a men's and women’s wear boutique channeling a beach-influenced lifestyle. We combine the perfect blend of modern classic with a twist. The ITEM culture enjoys contemporary sophistication combined with playful energy, creating a sense of style that can transition from day to night,” Ferrari adds.
- Get a Whiff of Diptyque, Bal Harbour’s New Boutique
- KARE Opens Flagship in Midtown Miami
- Tom Ford’s Flagship Opens in Design District
- SWGR Opens Gallery and Apparel Store in Wynwood
- New Sunglass Shop Opens in Wynwood
- Discover Finds, a New South Miami Accessory Boutique
- Market Man Opens in South Miami
- Kit and Ace Opens in Wynwood
- Adrienne Bosh Brings Paris to Miami
- Suit up! There’s a New Menswear Mecca in Town