Italian gelato and popsicle shop opens in downtown Miami
Besides serving humans, Eccolopops also makes dog-friendly ice cream.
150 NE First Ave., Miami
Hours: 10:30 a.m.-6:30 p.m. Monday-Friday and 10:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Saturday-Sunday
New to downtown Miami: Eccolopops, an Italian gelato and popsicle shop from Italian immigrant Filippo Tavazzani.
Located at 150 NE First Ave., Eccolopops offers a range of fresh-fruit gelato flavors as well as spiked cocktail pops like mojito and margarita, aloe pops and even dog-friendly frozen treats. (The blueberry-banana version is approved by Milo, Tavazzani's terrier who hangs out in the shop.)
Eccolopops also will custom-blend flavors for orders of 35 or more popsicles. If you stop by for a taste, Tavazzani warns that Milo is friendly, but he still only knows how to bark in Italian.
Also new to the dessert arena: 305SnoBalls, which is celebrating its grand opening from noon to 5 p.m. on Saturday at 13381 SW 40th St.
- River Seafood & Oyster Bar to move down the Miami River
- Pubbelly Boys to close PB Steak in Miami Beach
- St. Louis-based Pi Pizzeria opening this year in South Beach
- What's the Best? 5 Great Carpaccios
- New-look AltaMare toasts summer with a new happy hour
- Jumbo's closes after 59-year run in Miami's Liberty City
- Ho Wang closes in Surfside; kosher BBQ joint to take its place
- The List: Eating around Miami with Tongue & Cheek's Jamie DeRosa
- Big shucking scallops at Oceanaire in Miami this weekend
- Treat yourself to Sushi Samba & a movie July 22