Italian gelato and popsicle shop opens in downtown Miami
Besides serving humans, Eccolopops also makes dog-friendly ice cream.
150 NE First Ave., Miami
Hours: 10:30 a.m.-6:30 p.m. Monday-Friday and 10:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Saturday-Sunday
New to downtown Miami: Eccolopops, an Italian gelato and popsicle shop from Italian immigrant Filippo Tavazzani.
Located at 150 NE First Ave., Eccolopops offers a range of fresh-fruit gelato flavors as well as spiked cocktail pops like mojito and margarita, aloe pops and even dog-friendly frozen treats. (The blueberry-banana version is approved by Milo, Tavazzani's terrier who hangs out in the shop.)
Eccolopops also will custom-blend flavors for orders of 35 or more popsicles. If you stop by for a taste, Tavazzani warns that Milo is friendly, but he still only knows how to bark in Italian.
Also new to the dessert arena: 305SnoBalls, which is celebrating its grand opening from noon to 5 p.m. on Saturday at 13381 SW 40th St.
- Brickell and Miami's Design District are getting new Italian restaurants
- Las Olas gets a new Italian restaurant
- Sip with the experts at La Cave d'Azur's weekly wine tasting
- Feast on a 2lb lobster at Morton's Aug 22
- 7 Peruvian seafood restaurants in Miami to try now
- What's the Best? 5 Cool Ice Cream Shops
- Struggling Lorenzo calls it quits in Miami Beach
- Blackbrick Chinese: A 2014 Best New Restaurant
- Oak Tavern debuts food & wine pairing and late-night pizza menus
- Miami restaurant updates: Ins, Outs and Almosts