Italian gelato and popsicle shop opens in downtown Miami
Besides serving humans, Eccolopops also makes dog-friendly ice cream.
150 NE First Ave., Miami
Hours: 10:30 a.m.-6:30 p.m. Monday-Friday and 10:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Saturday-Sunday
New to downtown Miami: Eccolopops, an Italian gelato and popsicle shop from Italian immigrant Filippo Tavazzani.
Located at 150 NE First Ave., Eccolopops offers a range of fresh-fruit gelato flavors as well as spiked cocktail pops like mojito and margarita, aloe pops and even dog-friendly frozen treats. (The blueberry-banana version is approved by Milo, Tavazzani's terrier who hangs out in the shop.)
Eccolopops also will custom-blend flavors for orders of 35 or more popsicles. If you stop by for a taste, Tavazzani warns that Milo is friendly, but he still only knows how to bark in Italian.
Also new to the dessert arena: 305SnoBalls, which is celebrating its grand opening from noon to 5 p.m. on Saturday at 13381 SW 40th St.
- New chef, hot-stone concept at Seasalt & Pepper
- NY-based Quality Meats to open Miami Beach steakhouse
- Miami's rising culinary stars: 30 Under 30
- Michelle Bernstein to pop up at Art Basel 2014
- The List: Rocco's Tacos' Rocco Mangel
- For Michael Mina's ninja-chef, freaking out is not an option
- Thanksgiving 2014: South Florida Dining Guide
- Chef Brad Kilgore to open Alter restaurant in Wynwood
- Secretive "Dîner en Blanc" coming in December
- SooWoo to sling late-night noodles, weekend dim sum in South Beach