Italian gelato and popsicle shop opens in downtown Miami
Besides serving humans, Eccolopops also makes dog-friendly ice cream.
150 NE First Ave., Miami
Hours: 10:30 a.m.-6:30 p.m. Monday-Friday and 10:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Saturday-Sunday
New to downtown Miami: Eccolopops, an Italian gelato and popsicle shop from Italian immigrant Filippo Tavazzani.
Located at 150 NE First Ave., Eccolopops offers a range of fresh-fruit gelato flavors as well as spiked cocktail pops like mojito and margarita, aloe pops and even dog-friendly frozen treats. (The blueberry-banana version is approved by Milo, Tavazzani's terrier who hangs out in the shop.)
Eccolopops also will custom-blend flavors for orders of 35 or more popsicles. If you stop by for a taste, Tavazzani warns that Milo is friendly, but he still only knows how to bark in Italian.
Also new to the dessert arena: 305SnoBalls, which is celebrating its grand opening from noon to 5 p.m. on Saturday at 13381 SW 40th St.
- The List: Miami's best bites with Sugarcane's Timon Balloo
- Joël Robuchon to open three restaurants in Miami's Design District
- The List: Finding Miami's best food with Quality Meats' Craig Koketsu
- Crust Pizza evolves into Crust Restaurant, opening this month in Miami
- 'Top Chef' alum Spike Mendelsohn to open Sunny's at The Hall hotel in South Beach
- The List: Miami's 10 best bites with chef Diego Oka of La Mar
- Porfirio's closes in South Beach, Señor Frog's opening delayed
- NYC's Sullivan Street Bakery to open in Miami
- The Fed in Miami brings back Crawdaddy Wednesdays
- The List: Miami's best dishes with Katsuya's Jose Icardi