Italian gelato and popsicle shop opens in downtown Miami
Besides serving humans, Eccolopops also makes dog-friendly ice cream.
150 NE First Ave., Miami
Hours: 10:30 a.m.-6:30 p.m. Monday-Friday and 10:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Saturday-Sunday
New to downtown Miami: Eccolopops, an Italian gelato and popsicle shop from Italian immigrant Filippo Tavazzani.
Located at 150 NE First Ave., Eccolopops offers a range of fresh-fruit gelato flavors as well as spiked cocktail pops like mojito and margarita, aloe pops and even dog-friendly frozen treats. (The blueberry-banana version is approved by Milo, Tavazzani's terrier who hangs out in the shop.)
Eccolopops also will custom-blend flavors for orders of 35 or more popsicles. If you stop by for a taste, Tavazzani warns that Milo is friendly, but he still only knows how to bark in Italian.
Also new to the dessert arena: 305SnoBalls, which is celebrating its grand opening from noon to 5 p.m. on Saturday at 13381 SW 40th St.
- Ho Wang closes in Surfside; kosher BBQ joint to take its place
- The List: Eating around Miami with Tongue & Cheek's Jamie DeRosa
- Big shucking scallops at Oceanaire in Miami this weekend
- Treat yourself to Sushi Samba & a movie July 22
- Big Pink gets bigger: Miami Beach-themed burgers added to menu
- Cantina la Veinte debuts at Icon Brickell July 28
- The List: Eating around Miami with Macchialina's Michael Pirolo
- New restaurants move in to Miami: Il Mulino, Bistro BE, Mignonette
- Power through lunch with Miami's best express-lunch options
- Eat, drink and toast Bastille Day Monday, July 14