Italian gelato and popsicle shop opens in downtown Miami
Besides serving humans, Eccolopops also makes dog-friendly ice cream.
150 NE First Ave., Miami
Hours: 10:30 a.m.-6:30 p.m. Monday-Friday and 10:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Saturday-Sunday
New to downtown Miami: Eccolopops, an Italian gelato and popsicle shop from Italian immigrant Filippo Tavazzani.
Located at 150 NE First Ave., Eccolopops offers a range of fresh-fruit gelato flavors as well as spiked cocktail pops like mojito and margarita, aloe pops and even dog-friendly frozen treats. (The blueberry-banana version is approved by Milo, Tavazzani's terrier who hangs out in the shop.)
Eccolopops also will custom-blend flavors for orders of 35 or more popsicles. If you stop by for a taste, Tavazzani warns that Milo is friendly, but he still only knows how to bark in Italian.
Also new to the dessert arena: 305SnoBalls, which is celebrating its grand opening from noon to 5 p.m. on Saturday at 13381 SW 40th St.
- The Federal and Haven team up for a Halloween-inspired menu
- Izzy's Fish & Oyster to swim in to South Beach
- What's the Best? South Florida restaurants with a view
- Amaize, an arepa-teria, to open in Doral
- The List: Eating in Miami with Miguel Aguilar
- Celebrate Halloween early at Tongue & Cheek's Saturday brunch
- 'Top Chef' favorite Fabio Viviani gives Miami recipes today, food next month
- Guide to South Florida's October wine and beer dinners
- Michelle Bernstein taps Steven Rojas as Seagrape's chef de cuisine
- Esquire's new restaurant guru is a Miami homeboy