Italia Film Festa
Enjoy movies and meatballs at the Italia Film Festa.
Fort Lauderdale International Film Festival (FLIFF) presents their first annual Italia Festa, a 5-day mini-festival celebrating nearly 60 years of Italian Cinema. The event, which takes place June 3 - 7 at Cinema Paradiso, will feature food, wine, espresso and award-winning films including Oscar winners for Best Foreign Film Il Postino (1994) and Meditteraneo (1991) and the popular classic starring the late Audrey Hepburn, Roman Holiday.
Opening Night on June 3 will begin with an Italian dinner followed by Lina Wertmuller’s classic comedy, Ciao Professore!. Then on Friday, June 4, start off with a Pizza Party followed by Il Postino and the wonderful romp that won Best Comedy at FLIFF in 2001, Tre Mogli.
Saturday morning will be dedicated to young audiences with FAB! Films for Kids followed by a spaghetti and meatball dinner.
Sunday film lovers can enjoy a Café and Brioch brunch before the film The Consequences of Love, which will be followed by a Q&A with foreign film expert, Shelly Isaacs. In celebration of the 100th Anniversary of Alfa Romeo, noon - 6 p.m. the South Florida Alfa Romeo Car Owners Club will feature a collection of these iconic Italian autos from the 1950's through the 1990's. In the evening enjoy an Italian Buffet followed by the award-winning film, Agatea e la Tempesta, a frothy, magical celebration of beauty and sexuality.
Monday the festival closes with Federico Fellini's 8 1/2, the Oscar-winning 1963 classic which became the inspiration for the Broadway hit and film, Nine.
Italia Film Festa, June 3-6 at Cinema Paradiso,503 SE 6 St, Fort Lauderdale; $6-$20 per event, fast pass for all events $120 non-Members, $75 FLIFF Members.
See and Do
- Stories, school fun & Munchkin Fun's 10 top picks for this week
- Hess Select South Beach Seafood Festival arrives Oct. 22-25 on Miami Beach
- Hialeah Park Casino celebrates one year with busy weekend
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Aug. 15-17
- Monster truck driver Debrah Miceli proves that Monster Jam is not just a boy’s club
- Wayans brothers bring their comedy act to Seminole Hard Rock on Friday, Aug 15.
- Miami Children’s Museum debuts ‘My Green Home’ exhibit
- ‘Shorts Gone Wild 2’ finds laughs and deeper moments in brief LGBT-themed plays
- Olaf parties, freebie fun & Munchkin Fun's top 10 picks for the week
- Ahmed Ahmed heads to South Florida with the 'Sullivan & Son' Comedy Tour