Italia Film Festa
Enjoy movies and meatballs at the Italia Film Festa.
Fort Lauderdale International Film Festival (FLIFF) presents their first annual Italia Festa, a 5-day mini-festival celebrating nearly 60 years of Italian Cinema. The event, which takes place June 3 - 7 at Cinema Paradiso, will feature food, wine, espresso and award-winning films including Oscar winners for Best Foreign Film Il Postino (1994) and Meditteraneo (1991) and the popular classic starring the late Audrey Hepburn, Roman Holiday.
Opening Night on June 3 will begin with an Italian dinner followed by Lina Wertmuller’s classic comedy, Ciao Professore!. Then on Friday, June 4, start off with a Pizza Party followed by Il Postino and the wonderful romp that won Best Comedy at FLIFF in 2001, Tre Mogli.
Saturday morning will be dedicated to young audiences with FAB! Films for Kids followed by a spaghetti and meatball dinner.
Sunday film lovers can enjoy a Café and Brioch brunch before the film The Consequences of Love, which will be followed by a Q&A with foreign film expert, Shelly Isaacs. In celebration of the 100th Anniversary of Alfa Romeo, noon - 6 p.m. the South Florida Alfa Romeo Car Owners Club will feature a collection of these iconic Italian autos from the 1950's through the 1990's. In the evening enjoy an Italian Buffet followed by the award-winning film, Agatea e la Tempesta, a frothy, magical celebration of beauty and sexuality.
Monday the festival closes with Federico Fellini's 8 1/2, the Oscar-winning 1963 classic which became the inspiration for the Broadway hit and film, Nine.
Italia Film Festa, June 3-6 at Cinema Paradiso,503 SE 6 St, Fort Lauderdale; $6-$20 per event, fast pass for all events $120 non-Members, $75 FLIFF Members.
See and Do
- Accessible Art: Caribbean-centric exhibition by Haitian artist, Locust Projects wins first NEA grant, and is the Museum of Art Fort Lauderdale expanding?
- Munchkin Fun's 22 fun things to do with the kids Dec 16-21
- 'We Will Rock You' is a guilty pleasure for Queen fans
- Cheech and Chong perform this Sunday at the Hard Rock Live
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Dec. 13-15
- 'Making God Laugh' mines sobering truths
- Found Footage Festival keeps videotape alive
- ‘We Will Rock You’ is built on Queen’s flamboyant rock music
- Accessible Art: Art Basel sets attendance record, color in time and space with Carlos Cruz-Diez, and the Bakehouse Art Complex builds first public metal-casting foundry
- Munchkin Fun's 22 fun things to do with the kids Dec 9-14