Italia Film Festa
Enjoy movies and meatballs at the Italia Film Festa.
Fort Lauderdale International Film Festival (FLIFF) presents their first annual Italia Festa, a 5-day mini-festival celebrating nearly 60 years of Italian Cinema. The event, which takes place June 3 - 7 at Cinema Paradiso, will feature food, wine, espresso and award-winning films including Oscar winners for Best Foreign Film Il Postino (1994) and Meditteraneo (1991) and the popular classic starring the late Audrey Hepburn, Roman Holiday.
Opening Night on June 3 will begin with an Italian dinner followed by Lina Wertmuller’s classic comedy, Ciao Professore!. Then on Friday, June 4, start off with a Pizza Party followed by Il Postino and the wonderful romp that won Best Comedy at FLIFF in 2001, Tre Mogli.
Saturday morning will be dedicated to young audiences with FAB! Films for Kids followed by a spaghetti and meatball dinner.
Sunday film lovers can enjoy a Café and Brioch brunch before the film The Consequences of Love, which will be followed by a Q&A with foreign film expert, Shelly Isaacs. In celebration of the 100th Anniversary of Alfa Romeo, noon - 6 p.m. the South Florida Alfa Romeo Car Owners Club will feature a collection of these iconic Italian autos from the 1950's through the 1990's. In the evening enjoy an Italian Buffet followed by the award-winning film, Agatea e la Tempesta, a frothy, magical celebration of beauty and sexuality.
Monday the festival closes with Federico Fellini's 8 1/2, the Oscar-winning 1963 classic which became the inspiration for the Broadway hit and film, Nine.
Italia Film Festa, June 3-6 at Cinema Paradiso,503 SE 6 St, Fort Lauderdale; $6-$20 per event, fast pass for all events $120 non-Members, $75 FLIFF Members.
See and Do
- Little Havana Visitor Center opens on Calle Ocho
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - April 24-26
- Festivals of Speed brings luxury to Museum Park
- Island City delivers the laughs and the bite in ‘Little Dog Laughed’
- Outdoor Movies, Earth Day Goodies, Summer Camp & Giveaways: Munchkin Fun's Top picks Apr 20-26
- No 'pleading the fifth' for Andy Cohen in Miami
- Anderson Cooper comes to Miami for an intimate conversation
- Miami Science Museum hosts annual Galaxy Gala and Big Bang fundraiser
- Dennis Watkins brings magic back to the Arsht in ‘The Magnificents’
- South Beach Comedy Festival celebrates a decade of jokes