It's Raining Pizza
It's raining pizza as Sir Pizza expands at record pace
Sir Pizza used to be one of Key Biscayne’s best-kept foodie finds. Order at the counter, slide into a worn out booth, wait what seemed like forever then sink your teeth into one of the hottest, tastiest, cheesiest pizzas in town.
The wait – and the drive time – have been significantly cut back as the local chain has expanded in the last couple of years. Through franchise agreements, Sir Pizza now operates locations in Key Biscayne, the Gables, Pinecrest and Sunset and has plans to open in West Kendall this week. Coral Springs (the first Broward location) is slated for September and 20 more restaurants (we’re looking at you Hialeah, Homestead, Midtown, SoBe, etc) are slated for 2011.
Will the quality be as good as the original? Initial reports from Pinecrest & the Gables are that the pizza is delicious, but somehow just not the same. We’re reserving judgment for the time being, but are open to opinions. Have you been? What do you think?
- What's the Best? 5 Supreme Sausages
- Copperbox chef Gabriela Machado returns with 'Paladar' dinner series
- Indulge in a Krug dinner at the Dutch Sept 3
- Miami Spice Mash-Up grand finale on Thursday features Lure, Area 31 and Oak Tavern
- Brush up on grill skills at BLT Prime this weekend
- Flex your mussels at Bistro BE and Colette
- Freddo brings helado to Lincoln Road
- Craft beer dinners bubble up in Miami
- Best Burger in Miami? Zagat says db Bistro Moderne
- National Hotel appoints Gastón Sánchez as new executive chef