It's Raining Pizza
It's raining pizza as Sir Pizza expands at record pace
Sir Pizza used to be one of Key Biscayne’s best-kept foodie finds. Order at the counter, slide into a worn out booth, wait what seemed like forever then sink your teeth into one of the hottest, tastiest, cheesiest pizzas in town.
The wait – and the drive time – have been significantly cut back as the local chain has expanded in the last couple of years. Through franchise agreements, Sir Pizza now operates locations in Key Biscayne, the Gables, Pinecrest and Sunset and has plans to open in West Kendall this week. Coral Springs (the first Broward location) is slated for September and 20 more restaurants (we’re looking at you Hialeah, Homestead, Midtown, SoBe, etc) are slated for 2011.
Will the quality be as good as the original? Initial reports from Pinecrest & the Gables are that the pizza is delicious, but somehow just not the same. We’re reserving judgment for the time being, but are open to opinions. Have you been? What do you think?
- American Social now open in Brickell
- Cibo Wine Bar expands to South Beach
- Top 10 most popular Miami food/drink places on Instagram in 2014
- The List: The Dutch's Conor Hanlon
- Stephen Starr to open second restaurant in Bal Harbour
- Philly diner Green Eggs Cafe opens in Aventura
- New restaurants add to Doral's food options
- Escopazzo closes in South Beach after 21-year run
- Ikra Restaurant & Lounge opens in Sunny Isles Beach
- The List: Zona Fresca's Tim Dobravolskis