It's Raining Pizza
It's raining pizza as Sir Pizza expands at record pace
Sir Pizza used to be one of Key Biscayne’s best-kept foodie finds. Order at the counter, slide into a worn out booth, wait what seemed like forever then sink your teeth into one of the hottest, tastiest, cheesiest pizzas in town.
The wait – and the drive time – have been significantly cut back as the local chain has expanded in the last couple of years. Through franchise agreements, Sir Pizza now operates locations in Key Biscayne, the Gables, Pinecrest and Sunset and has plans to open in West Kendall this week. Coral Springs (the first Broward location) is slated for September and 20 more restaurants (we’re looking at you Hialeah, Homestead, Midtown, SoBe, etc) are slated for 2011.
Will the quality be as good as the original? Initial reports from Pinecrest & the Gables are that the pizza is delicious, but somehow just not the same. We’re reserving judgment for the time being, but are open to opinions. Have you been? What do you think?
- President Hello Kitty? She's giving away free cookies to convince you
- South Beach Seafood Festival 2016 highlights top seafood chefs, restaurants
- Get yours: stone crab season starts Saturday
- Is this the best black-owned food truck in South Florida?
- Food just got a lot better at Heat's American Airlines Arena
- Luke's Diner will be a real place Wednesday. Here's where to get free coffee:
- Poke, not sushi, is what's cool in Miami. Yelp helps us find it
- What Zika? Governor visits Wynwood to promote dining event
- Where to eat great food, drink great wine and beer — and raise money
- Why the Hungry Black Man makes juice bar his pick of the week