It's a big week for Miami restaurant openings
Pubbelly's L'Echon Brasserie and Kris Wessel's Oolite open this week in Miami Beach.
It's showtime for two hotly anticipated new Miami restaurants: The Pubbelly Group's L'Echon Brasserie and Kris Wessel's Oolite Restaurant & Bar are both set to open this week in Miami Beach.
Oolite's up first, with its official curtain-raiser on Thursday at 1661 Pennsylvania Ave., a block off Lincoln Road, in the former Cooper Avenue space. There, Wessel will be serving "healthy regional cuisine," including a version of his beloved BBQ shrimp from his days running Red Light. (Oolite's bar is already open for business.)
Pubbelly chef-in-chief Jose Mendin and his partners will unveil to the public their sixth Miami-Dade restaurant (Barceloneta x2, Pubbelly, PB Steak, Pubbelly Sushi) on Friday at the new Hilton Cabana Miami Beach at 6261 Collins Ave. This one's been a long time coming, with planned openings pushed back from last fall and winter due to ongoing construction at the hotel.
- Tom Colicchio's top chef in Miami has South Florida roots
- The List: BC Tacos' Brett Chiavari
- The List: Valentino's Giovanni Rocchio
- Lime closes in South Beach, BTW opening in its place
- Shikany restaurant in Miami closed until further notice
- Veuve Clicquot celebrates Carnaval at the Thompson Miami Beach
- The List: The Federal's Ani Meinhold and Cesar Zapata
- My Ceviche owners to open Laffa Mediterranean Kitchen in Miami
- Slow Food's Ark of Taste at Paraiso Bay
- The List: Oceanaire's Kareem Anguin