It's a big week for Miami restaurant openings
Pubbelly's L'Echon Brasserie and Kris Wessel's Oolite open this week in Miami Beach.
It's showtime for two hotly anticipated new Miami restaurants: The Pubbelly Group's L'Echon Brasserie and Kris Wessel's Oolite Restaurant & Bar are both set to open this week in Miami Beach.
Oolite's up first, with its official curtain-raiser on Thursday at 1661 Pennsylvania Ave., a block off Lincoln Road, in the former Cooper Avenue space. There, Wessel will be serving "healthy regional cuisine," including a version of his beloved BBQ shrimp from his days running Red Light. (Oolite's bar is already open for business.)
Pubbelly chef-in-chief Jose Mendin and his partners will unveil to the public their sixth Miami-Dade restaurant (Barceloneta x2, Pubbelly, PB Steak, Pubbelly Sushi) on Friday at the new Hilton Cabana Miami Beach at 6261 Collins Ave. This one's been a long time coming, with planned openings pushed back from last fall and winter due to ongoing construction at the hotel.
- Pubbelly Boys to close PB Steak in Miami Beach
- St. Louis-based Pi Pizzeria opening this year in South Beach
- What's the Best? 5 Great Carpaccios
- New-look AltaMare toasts summer with a new happy hour
- Jumbo's closes after 59-year run in Miami's Liberty City
- Ho Wang closes in Surfside; kosher BBQ joint to take its place
- The List: Eating around Miami with Tongue & Cheek's Jamie DeRosa
- Big shucking scallops at Oceanaire in Miami this weekend
- Treat yourself to Sushi Samba & a movie July 22
- Big Pink gets bigger: Miami Beach-themed burgers added to menu