It's a big week for Miami restaurant openings
Pubbelly's L'Echon Brasserie and Kris Wessel's Oolite open this week in Miami Beach.
It's showtime for two hotly anticipated new Miami restaurants: The Pubbelly Group's L'Echon Brasserie and Kris Wessel's Oolite Restaurant & Bar are both set to open this week in Miami Beach.
Oolite's up first, with its official curtain-raiser on Thursday at 1661 Pennsylvania Ave., a block off Lincoln Road, in the former Cooper Avenue space. There, Wessel will be serving "healthy regional cuisine," including a version of his beloved BBQ shrimp from his days running Red Light. (Oolite's bar is already open for business.)
Pubbelly chef-in-chief Jose Mendin and his partners will unveil to the public their sixth Miami-Dade restaurant (Barceloneta x2, Pubbelly, PB Steak, Pubbelly Sushi) on Friday at the new Hilton Cabana Miami Beach at 6261 Collins Ave. This one's been a long time coming, with planned openings pushed back from last fall and winter due to ongoing construction at the hotel.
- Michelle Bernstein's kitchen team comes together at new Michy's
- The List: Miami's best food with Barceloneta's Juliana Gonzalez
- The List: Top bites in Miami with Finka's Eileen Andrade
- Chef Danny Grant and John Kunkel's 50 Eggs part ways
- Guess where we're eating, win tickets to see Robert Irvine Live
- New Spanish restaurant Piripi to open March 30 in Coral Gables
- Taste of Tennis to pair pro players and Miami chefs
- Bombay Darbar moving to bigger space in Coconut Grove
- The List: Eating in Miami with Azul chef William Crandall
- Texas de Brazil, Basil Thai now open at Dadeland Mall