It's a big week for Miami restaurant openings
Pubbelly's L'Echon Brasserie and Kris Wessel's Oolite open this week in Miami Beach.
It's showtime for two hotly anticipated new Miami restaurants: The Pubbelly Group's L'Echon Brasserie and Kris Wessel's Oolite Restaurant & Bar are both set to open this week in Miami Beach.
Oolite's up first, with its official curtain-raiser on Thursday at 1661 Pennsylvania Ave., a block off Lincoln Road, in the former Cooper Avenue space. There, Wessel will be serving "healthy regional cuisine," including a version of his beloved BBQ shrimp from his days running Red Light. (Oolite's bar is already open for business.)
Pubbelly chef-in-chief Jose Mendin and his partners will unveil to the public their sixth Miami-Dade restaurant (Barceloneta x2, Pubbelly, PB Steak, Pubbelly Sushi) on Friday at the new Hilton Cabana Miami Beach at 6261 Collins Ave. This one's been a long time coming, with planned openings pushed back from last fall and winter due to ongoing construction at the hotel.
- Beefed-up seafood menu at Steak 954
- New chef, hot-stone concept at Seasalt & Pepper
- NY-based Quality Meats to open Miami Beach steakhouse
- Miami's rising culinary stars: 30 Under 30
- Michelle Bernstein to pop up at Art Basel 2014
- The List: Rocco's Tacos' Rocco Mangel
- For Michael Mina's ninja-chef, freaking out is not an option
- Thanksgiving 2014: South Florida Dining Guide
- Chef Brad Kilgore to open Alter restaurant in Wynwood
- Secretive "Dîner en Blanc" coming in December