It's a big week for Miami restaurant openings
Pubbelly's L'Echon Brasserie and Kris Wessel's Oolite open this week in Miami Beach.
It's showtime for two hotly anticipated new Miami restaurants: The Pubbelly Group's L'Echon Brasserie and Kris Wessel's Oolite Restaurant & Bar are both set to open this week in Miami Beach.
Oolite's up first, with its official curtain-raiser on Thursday at 1661 Pennsylvania Ave., a block off Lincoln Road, in the former Cooper Avenue space. There, Wessel will be serving "healthy regional cuisine," including a version of his beloved BBQ shrimp from his days running Red Light. (Oolite's bar is already open for business.)
Pubbelly chef-in-chief Jose Mendin and his partners will unveil to the public their sixth Miami-Dade restaurant (Barceloneta x2, Pubbelly, PB Steak, Pubbelly Sushi) on Friday at the new Hilton Cabana Miami Beach at 6261 Collins Ave. This one's been a long time coming, with planned openings pushed back from last fall and winter due to ongoing construction at the hotel.
- The List: Oceanaire's Kareem Anguin
- Miami Beach's Macchialina to open in Asheville
- Fresh American Bistro debuts in Sunny Isles
- The List: Seagrape's Michelle Bernstein
- Pubbelly and Wynwood Brewing Co. to open restaurant, beer bar on cruise ship
- Are these the best restaurants in South Florida?
- La Nuit en Rosé wine festival coming to Miami Beach Edition
- Miami's 15 most anticipated restaurants of 2015
- The List: 50 Eggs' John Kunkel
- The Burgies: Who will be South Florida's 2015 comfort-food champions?