Island culinary teams to compete in Taste of the Caribbean in Miami
Open-to-the-public events include a street-food competition and three-course meals.
Taste of the Caribbean
June 28-July 2
Hyatt Regency Miami, 400 SE 2nd Ave.
Tickets $40-$115, available here
The Caribbean Hotel and Tourism Association this weekend will host its annual Taste of the Caribbean at the Hyatt Regency Miami. The event is part trade show, part culinary competition starring the islands' best chefs and bartenders.
Barbados will defend its title as top culinary team against kitchen crews from Anguilla, Bahamas, Bonaire, Curacao, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, St. Lucia, Suriname and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
The public can attend several of the competitive events, including a Taste of the Islands street-food festival from 5 to 8 p.m. Sunday and a three-course lunch and a dinner on Monday, June 30, featuring Chopped-style mystery ingredients.
Tickets to the competitions start at $40 and go to $115 for all three. Ticket orders and more information are available here.
- Michelle Bernstein's kitchen team comes together at new Michy's
- The List: Miami's best food with Barceloneta's Juliana Gonzalez
- The List: Top bites in Miami with Finka's Eileen Andrade
- Chef Danny Grant and John Kunkel's 50 Eggs part ways
- Guess where we're eating, win tickets to see Robert Irvine Live
- New Spanish restaurant Piripi to open March 30 in Coral Gables
- Taste of Tennis to pair pro players and Miami chefs
- Bombay Darbar moving to bigger space in Coconut Grove
- The List: Eating in Miami with Azul chef William Crandall
- Texas de Brazil, Basil Thai now open at Dadeland Mall