Island culinary teams to compete in Taste of the Caribbean in Miami
Open-to-the-public events include a street-food competition and three-course meals.
Taste of the Caribbean
June 28-July 2
Hyatt Regency Miami, 400 SE 2nd Ave.
Tickets $40-$115, available here
The Caribbean Hotel and Tourism Association this weekend will host its annual Taste of the Caribbean at the Hyatt Regency Miami. The event is part trade show, part culinary competition starring the islands' best chefs and bartenders.
Barbados will defend its title as top culinary team against kitchen crews from Anguilla, Bahamas, Bonaire, Curacao, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, St. Lucia, Suriname and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
The public can attend several of the competitive events, including a Taste of the Islands street-food festival from 5 to 8 p.m. Sunday and a three-course lunch and a dinner on Monday, June 30, featuring Chopped-style mystery ingredients.
Tickets to the competitions start at $40 and go to $115 for all three. Ticket orders and more information are available here.
- The List: Miami's best foods with Cleo's Danny Elmaleh
- 9beach Fusion Kitchen & Lounge Bar set to open in South Beach
- Former Seaspice chef to oversee food at Fort Lauderdale hotel-condo
- The List: Miami's best eats with Piripi's Najat Kaanache
- Chefs named at new Miami restaurants Centro Taco, Laffa Mediterranean and Zest
- The List: Miami's best food with Sushi Maki's Abe Ng
- Miami's best burgers are getting fired up at Burger Brawl
- The List: Miami's best foods with Cantina La Veinte's Santiago Gómez
- La Embajada to open restaurant, coffee bar, music venue in Wynwood
- Tamarina hires exec chef from 'Best New Restaurant' winner Dolce