Island culinary teams to compete in Taste of the Caribbean in Miami
Open-to-the-public events include a street-food competition and three-course meals.
The Caribbean Hotel and Tourism Association this weekend will host its annual Taste of the Caribbean at the Hyatt Regency Miami. The event is part trade show, part culinary competition starring the islands' best chefs and bartenders.
Barbados will defend its title as top culinary team against kitchen crews from Anguilla, Bahamas, Bonaire, Curacao, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, St. Lucia, Suriname and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
The public can attend several of the competitive events, including a Taste of the Islands street-food festival from 5 to 8 p.m. Sunday and a three-course lunch and a dinner on Monday, June 30, featuring Chopped-style mystery ingredients.
Tickets to the competitions start at $40 and go to $115 for all three. Ticket orders and more information are available here.
Taste of the Caribbean
June 28-July 2
Hyatt Regency Miami, 400 SE 2nd Ave.
Tickets $40-$115, available here
- President Hello Kitty? She's got cookies to convince you
- South Beach Seafood Festival 2016 highlights top seafood chefs, restaurants
- Get yours: stone crab season starts Saturday
- Is this the best black-owned food truck in South Florida?
- Food just got a lot better at Heat's American Airlines Arena
- Luke's Diner will be a real place Wednesday. Here's where to get free coffee:
- Poke, not sushi, is what's cool in Miami. Yelp helps us find it
- What Zika? Governor visits Wynwood to promote dining event
- Where to eat great food, drink great wine and beer — and raise money
- Why the Hungry Black Man makes juice bar his pick of the week