Island culinary teams to compete in Taste of the Caribbean in Miami
Open-to-the-public events include a street-food competition and three-course meals.
Taste of the Caribbean
June 28-July 2
Hyatt Regency Miami, 400 SE 2nd Ave.
Tickets $40-$115, available here
The Caribbean Hotel and Tourism Association this weekend will host its annual Taste of the Caribbean at the Hyatt Regency Miami. The event is part trade show, part culinary competition starring the islands' best chefs and bartenders.
Barbados will defend its title as top culinary team against kitchen crews from Anguilla, Bahamas, Bonaire, Curacao, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, St. Lucia, Suriname and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
The public can attend several of the competitive events, including a Taste of the Islands street-food festival from 5 to 8 p.m. Sunday and a three-course lunch and a dinner on Monday, June 30, featuring Chopped-style mystery ingredients.
Tickets to the competitions start at $40 and go to $115 for all three. Ticket orders and more information are available here.
- The List: 10 best Miami restaurants with Sugar Factory's chef
- Miami food events: Pubbelly gets fishy, Vagabond chef Alex Chang cooks at Fooq's
- 9 new Asian restaurants in Miami and Miami Beach
- 5 restaurant openings to know about in Miami and Fort Lauderdale
- Miami's 10 best restaurants with chef Jimmy Carey of Jimmy'z Kitchen
- Taste of Design gala is Saturday at the Moore Building in Miami
- Miami's 10 best restaurants with chef Makoto Okuwa
- Giveaway: Win tickets to Savor the Season party in Brickell
- Miami's YoungArts combines food with theater and music in new Pairings at Ted's
- New restaurant Ariete to open in Coconut Grove