Island culinary teams to compete in Taste of the Caribbean in Miami
Open-to-the-public events include a street-food competition and three-course meals.
The Caribbean Hotel and Tourism Association this weekend will host its annual Taste of the Caribbean at the Hyatt Regency Miami. The event is part trade show, part culinary competition starring the islands' best chefs and bartenders.
Barbados will defend its title as top culinary team against kitchen crews from Anguilla, Bahamas, Bonaire, Curacao, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, St. Lucia, Suriname and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
The public can attend several of the competitive events, including a Taste of the Islands street-food festival from 5 to 8 p.m. Sunday and a three-course lunch and a dinner on Monday, June 30, featuring Chopped-style mystery ingredients.
Tickets to the competitions start at $40 and go to $115 for all three. Ticket orders and more information are available here.
Taste of the Caribbean
June 28-July 2
Hyatt Regency Miami, 400 SE 2nd Ave.
Tickets $40-$115, available here
- Zak the Baker closed, reopens Friday
- "Celebrity" status won't get you into Eating House's sold-out 4/20 dinner
- 10 New Restaurants Coming Soon to Downtown Doral
- Game of Thrones-inspired dishes at Beaker & Gray
- O, Miami poetry shows up in local food
- Two for one: Barley chef to open pizza pop up in Dadeland
- Balans restaurant owner found dead
- Which Miami seafood chef won last weekend's pork cooking competition?
- New menu for Raleigh Hotel restaurant
- This Miami chef was named Food & Wine best new chef