Island culinary teams to compete in Taste of the Caribbean in Miami
Open-to-the-public events include a street-food competition and three-course meals.
Taste of the Caribbean
June 28-July 2
Hyatt Regency Miami, 400 SE 2nd Ave.
Tickets $40-$115, available here
The Caribbean Hotel and Tourism Association this weekend will host its annual Taste of the Caribbean at the Hyatt Regency Miami. The event is part trade show, part culinary competition starring the islands' best chefs and bartenders.
Barbados will defend its title as top culinary team against kitchen crews from Anguilla, Bahamas, Bonaire, Curacao, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, St. Lucia, Suriname and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
The public can attend several of the competitive events, including a Taste of the Islands street-food festival from 5 to 8 p.m. Sunday and a three-course lunch and a dinner on Monday, June 30, featuring Chopped-style mystery ingredients.
Tickets to the competitions start at $40 and go to $115 for all three. Ticket orders and more information are available here.
- Copperbox chef Gabriela Machado returns with 'Paladar' dinner series
- Indulge in a Krug dinner at the Dutch Sept 3
- Miami Spice Mash-Up grand finale
- Brush up on grill skills at BLT Prime this weekend
- Flex your mussels at Bistro BE and Colette
- Freddo brings helado to Lincoln Road
- Craft beer dinners bubble up in Miami
- Best Burger in Miami? Zagat says db Bistro Moderne
- National Hotel appoints Gastón Sánchez as new executive chef
- Nobu celebrates 20 years with $120 omakase menu