Island culinary teams to compete in Taste of the Caribbean in Miami
Open-to-the-public events include a street-food competition and three-course meals.
Taste of the Caribbean
June 28-July 2
Hyatt Regency Miami, 400 SE 2nd Ave.
Tickets $40-$115, available here
The Caribbean Hotel and Tourism Association this weekend will host its annual Taste of the Caribbean at the Hyatt Regency Miami. The event is part trade show, part culinary competition starring the islands' best chefs and bartenders.
Barbados will defend its title as top culinary team against kitchen crews from Anguilla, Bahamas, Bonaire, Curacao, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, St. Lucia, Suriname and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
The public can attend several of the competitive events, including a Taste of the Islands street-food festival from 5 to 8 p.m. Sunday and a three-course lunch and a dinner on Monday, June 30, featuring Chopped-style mystery ingredients.
Tickets to the competitions start at $40 and go to $115 for all three. Ticket orders and more information are available here.
- Freshii finds healthy formula in Wynwood
- 1826 Restaurant names new chef
- Five great Miami cooking classes
- The List: Verde’s Nicolay Adinaguev
- Oolite to debut vegan dishes at Conscious Bite Out dinner Dec. 11
- Lique Restaurant & Lounge opens on Intracoastal Waterway in North Miami Beach
- Sandbar in Coconut Grove is renamed The Hot Rock after 'Bar Rescue' takeover
- Kuro Japanese restaurant to open at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino
- The List: Mignonette and Blue Collar chef-owner Danny Serfer
- Beefed-up seafood menu at Steak 954