Irie Weekend ends with birthday bash at E11even
Jamie Foxx, Jermaine Dupri in attendance
The Miami Heat may have lost in the NBA Finals last week, but it seemed like no one told their bombastic music man, DJ Irie.
The Miami Heat DJ, whose real name is Ian Grocher, celebrated his birthday and wrapped up the 10th year of his fundraiser, Irie Weekend, at E11even Miami Saturday night.
Jermaine Dupri, perhaps best known for working with Mariah Carey on her hit single, “We Belong Together,” took control of the turntables a little after 1 a.m.
And, beyond the beats, E11even’s unique brand of entertainment, which included a couple of Cirque du Soleil style performances, kept the crowd intrigued. At one point, a female performer had her wedding dress morph into a white canopy that extended through the main stage area.
Academy Award-winning actor (and in this case, MC) Jamie Foxx also took a spot in the crowded DJ booth in the wee hours of the morning. He added his own commentary (most of which we can’t repeat here) to several club tracks, including Chris Brown’s “Loyal.”
DJ Irie, draped in a red jacket, was presented with an electronic (and inedible) birthday cake shortly after.
Notable attendees included champion boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr., whose entourage was evident as soon as he arrived, as well as former Miami Heat player Shawn Marion.
On Our Radar
- Michael B Jordan in Miami talking 'Creed'
- Actor named honorary president of Miami Fashion Week
- Are Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie coming to Art Basel?
- Celebrity doctor's Grove home sells
- Miami teen hits the big time
- Inside details of Sofia Vergara's wedding
- DWTS cast members will present SWAY: A Dance Trilogy at Olympia Theater
- Trey Songz and friends spend the day giving back.
- Recap: Miami.com Experience - Pop-Up Dinner at Bocce with Sugarcane
- Tiger Woods' ex holds dinner in Palm Beach