Irie Weekend ends with birthday bash at E11even
Jamie Foxx, Jermaine Dupri in attendance
The Miami Heat may have lost in the NBA Finals last week, but it seemed like no one told their bombastic music man, DJ Irie.
The Miami Heat DJ, whose real name is Ian Grocher, celebrated his birthday and wrapped up the 10th year of his fundraiser, Irie Weekend, at E11even Miami Saturday night.
Jermaine Dupri, perhaps best known for working with Mariah Carey on her hit single, “We Belong Together,” took control of the turntables a little after 1 a.m.
And, beyond the beats, E11even’s unique brand of entertainment, which included a couple of Cirque du Soleil style performances, kept the crowd intrigued. At one point, a female performer had her wedding dress morph into a white canopy that extended through the main stage area.
Academy Award-winning actor (and in this case, MC) Jamie Foxx also took a spot in the crowded DJ booth in the wee hours of the morning. He added his own commentary (most of which we can’t repeat here) to several club tracks, including Chris Brown’s “Loyal.”
DJ Irie, draped in a red jacket, was presented with an electronic (and inedible) birthday cake shortly after.
Notable attendees included champion boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr., whose entourage was evident as soon as he arrived, as well as former Miami Heat player Shawn Marion.
On Our Radar
- Sarah Jessica Parker popping in to Bloomingdale's Aventura
- 3 rare pre-embargo Cuban cigars to buy in Miami
- How to get the celebrity bikini body you crave
- Luis Guzman in Miami: Spanish is easier than French
- Miami artist Becky Rosa unveils massive public art installation at Wynwood gallery
- Antonio Banderas: I have an attachment to Miami
- Runway Reviews from Miami Fashion Week 2016
- Do you live in one of the most stressed out places in Florida?
- Gwen Stefani's having trouble selling tickets for tour
- Miami Fashion Week arrives with new celebs and a fresh vision