Interview's Warhol party at the Standard
A party for a never-before seen Warhol film at the Standard Hotel drew a smart art and media crowd from the 80's onward.
Interview Magazine’s party for the never-seen Andy Warhol film San Diego Surf at The Standard drew a smartly percolating mix of art, media and hipster types from the 80’s onward. A trailer for the film, showing Warhol “superstars” like Viva, Taylor Mead, and Joe Dallesandro romping in the California sun, looped outdoors on the bayside patio, where plenty of people had firsthand Warhol connections. Among them were Eric Shiner and Patrick Moore, director and director of development at the Warhol Museum; David Hershkovits, founder/publisher of Paper Magazine, the bible of downtown NY 80’s cool; and Anthony Haden-Guest, champion party-goer and satirical nightlife chronicler since the seventies. Also on hand were film producer and writer Michael Holman, a close friend of artist Jean-Michel Basquiat, and Basquiat’s longest-time girlfriend Suzanne Mallouk, who survived a fabulous 80’s in the East Village to become a psychiatrist. Mallouk and Holman were in town to present Gray: Live at the New Museum, on Sunday at the Miami Beach Cinematheque. A film/performance project that shows Gray, a seminal early 80’s downtown art rock band that included Holman and Basquiat, performing this year at the New Museum, the 7pm Sunday show will be followed by a Q&A with Holman and Mallouk. A chance to get your hipster history live.
See and Do
- Accessible Art: Fort Lauderdale art exhibit spotlights 10 female artists, CIFO teams up with Museum of Fine Arts Boston, and MOCA on WPBT Ch. 2
- More gifts pour in as Pérez Art Museum Miami prepares to open
- Bookleggers brings Literary Death Match to Bardot in Miami
- Abstract painter Larry Poons brings art to Miami nature center in January
- Lunch with Lydia: Daughter of Wynwood pioneer carries on father’s mission
- A prelude to Art Basel for locals
- 'Eat Your Words:' a culinary conversation with local writers and top chef Mark Zeitouni at The Standard Miami Beach
- New World Center's Mini-Concerts return with "Yoga Night at the New World Symphony"
- Lucky You! 5 brings art to the people on Nov. 9
- CircX burlesque and cabaret troupe celebrates 10th anniversary