InterContinental Miami Hotel is Searching for their Next "Dancing Girl"
The 19-story dancing girl facade is being replaced
100 Chopin Plaza, Miami
Only in Miami would a 19-story tall sexy, neon dancing girl find her way into the glowing skyline that reflects onto Biscayne Bay. She arrived a year ago this month at the InterContinental Miami (100 Chopin Plaza, Miami; 305-577-1000) as part of its 30 million dollar renovation, and she's been strutting her stuff at nightfall ever since. Best viewed in all her glory from a distance while driving into town across the MacArthur or Julia Tuttle Causeway, she’s sexy and sinuous as she shakes her hips and whips her hair back and forth. And she’s being replaced.
On Thursday November 21, the hotel will host a dance off audition to cast Miami’s “Next Top Dancer” emblazoned in LED lights across the hotel’s façade. With all genres of dance encouraged to audition, the competition will be judged by VH1’s Jane Castro, as well as members of the Miami City Ballet and the Miami Heat.
Selected winners will have their moves digitized by California-based design firm Fresh Juice Global who will film them in front of a green screen to be transferred onto the 200-foot tall digital canvas. They’ll also receive a “staycation” package from the hotel.
Think you’ve got what it takes to light up in lights and preside over downtown Miami? Come out to the InterContinental on Thursday November 21. Auditions will be held from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. with a line forming along the hotel’s baywalk at 7 a.m. The first 200 people to RSVP online (click here) will be guaranteed an audition, and so will the first 200 people in line Thursday morning. The hotel will provide the music. All you need to bring are your moves and your dancing shoes. Dancers must be at least 18 years old to audition.
- James Bond-inspired hotel stays in time for 'Spectre' release
- WeWork Co-Founder Miguel McKelvey on entrepreneurship & Miami's startup scene
- Inside Nautilus, Miami's first SIXTY Hotel
- Get away this fall with top South Florida hotel packages
- Ben Pundole Takes Us Inside A Hotel Life
- Surfcomber's Donte Johnson on Kimpton's brand of inclusive hospitality
- A weekend at Miami Beach's new wellness retreat, Carillon Hotel & Spa
- Halloween arrives at Florida theme parks
- A Day Trip to Vero Beach
- Margaritaville Hollywood Beach Resort Now Taking Reservations