InterContinental Miami Hotel is Searching for their Next "Dancing Girl"
The 19-story dancing girl facade is being replaced
100 Chopin Plaza, Miami
Only in Miami would a 19-story tall sexy, neon dancing girl find her way into the glowing skyline that reflects onto Biscayne Bay. She arrived a year ago this month at the InterContinental Miami (100 Chopin Plaza, Miami; 305-577-1000) as part of its 30 million dollar renovation, and she's been strutting her stuff at nightfall ever since. Best viewed in all her glory from a distance while driving into town across the MacArthur or Julia Tuttle Causeway, she’s sexy and sinuous as she shakes her hips and whips her hair back and forth. And she’s being replaced.
On Thursday November 21, the hotel will host a dance off audition to cast Miami’s “Next Top Dancer” emblazoned in LED lights across the hotel’s façade. With all genres of dance encouraged to audition, the competition will be judged by VH1’s Jane Castro, as well as members of the Miami City Ballet and the Miami Heat.
Selected winners will have their moves digitized by California-based design firm Fresh Juice Global who will film them in front of a green screen to be transferred onto the 200-foot tall digital canvas. They’ll also receive a “staycation” package from the hotel.
Think you’ve got what it takes to light up in lights and preside over downtown Miami? Come out to the InterContinental on Thursday November 21. Auditions will be held from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. with a line forming along the hotel’s baywalk at 7 a.m. The first 200 people to RSVP online (click here) will be guaranteed an audition, and so will the first 200 people in line Thursday morning. The hotel will provide the music. All you need to bring are your moves and your dancing shoes. Dancers must be at least 18 years old to audition.
- Check Into Hotel Gaythering, a New LGBT Hotel For Gay Pride Weekend
- Exhale Spa Opens its Second Miami Location at Loews Miami Beach Hotel
- The Villa by Barton G. Reopens at Versace Mansion with Boutique Hotel, Restaurant, Event Space
- The Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne Hosts All-Star Tennis Tournament & Offers Sony Open Packages
- Miami Hotel Personality: Javier Beneyto of the Newly Opened Metropolitan by COMO
- Spring Training Hotel Packages Across Florida
- Two Miami Beach Marriotts Rebrand to Attract the Modern Miami Traveler
- Avicii Returns to Miami with Avicii Hotel at SLS South Beach During Miami Music Week
- Red Bull Guest House Announces Miami Music Week Takeover of Gale South Beach
- The Raleigh Hotel's Restaurant Michael Schwartz Presents Steinway & Sons Concert Series