Instagram message from Savannah James causes stir
If Monday’s hysteria over an Instagram message was any indication, then NBA free agency is going to be a circus. Savannah James set off a storm of speculation on Sunday evening when she posted to her Instagram account a picture of her home state of Ohio with a large star representing Akron, her hometown. James, of course, is the wife of LeBron James, so the message she included with the picture quickly went viral on the Internet. “Home sweet home!! The countdown is real! #330,” Savannah James wrote.
Both LeBron and Savannah James are from Akron, and there has been speculation for several years that LeBron would consider returning to the Cleveland Cavaliers after the 2013-14 season. According to a source close to the James family, the cryptic message was nothing more than Savannah expressing her excitement about going home for the summer. The James family owns a house in Akron and they spend the summers there.
This is the first offseason to include an early termination option in LeBron’s contract. He has until Monday to decide whether or not to opt out of his current contract with the Heat.
On Our Radar
- Maria Menounos talks new show, book and dieting
- Is Star Island losing its luster?
- Keith Richards' daughter Alexandra spins for crowd
- Models & bottles: Leonardo DiCaprio does Miami Beach
- The Rock literally battles it out in new movie Hercules
- Mario Lopez parties on yacht in Miami Beach
- Models spotted at Swim Week
- Cool and crafty event at Aventura Mall
- Roselyn Sánchez dishes on ‘Devious Maids,’ singing and new Spanish comedy
- Local bachelor appears in the nude on reality show