Inspire Many's Coach Cass' tips for making 2014 your best year
Coach Cass gives a sneak peak at what to expect at the fourth annual Inspire Many Resolutions Retreat this weekend.
It’s the New Year and a new you…right? This year is going to be your best year yet. You’ve worked on your vision board and have written down your goals for 2014, and you’re expecting great things to happen in 2014. Lose weight…check! Eat better…check! Make more money…check! Get another degree…check! Fall in love…well, that’s a work in progress.
As easy as it sounds, those New Year’s Resolutions we set at the beginning of the year often become a figment of our imaginations by the end of the year and you’re often left wondering what next. Even if your New Year’s Resolution is not to make any, the truth is that you still have expectations and goals you want to accomplish for the year but something always seems to interfere or life just gets in the way.
Before you run wild with 2014 with a dream and hope, Inspire Many’s Casandra “Coach Cass” Roache gives Noire Miami a sneak peak on getting the most out of 2014. You’ll have to get the best of her 'New Year’s, New You' advice at her Resolutions Retreat being held on Saturday, January 4th from 10am to 4pm at Global Grille (301 E Broward Blvd, Ft Lauderdale). This fourth annual retreat is a day of empowerment, peer-to-peer education, and vision planning and promises to catapult you to your next level. This year’s retreat is being co-presented by Black Enterprise. For more information and to register, visit resolutionsretreat.com.
Coach Cass’ Five Tips for 2014
1 - Set aside a time of personal reflection. Before you can set a vision for the new year it’s important to reflect on the past year and think about your successes, shortcomings, failures, disappointments, and areas of opportunities. Don’t make the mistake of moving forward without reflecting on where you’ve come from and how far you have left to go.
2 - Write down everything. Don’t give yourself that much credit to think that you can keep everything in your head. Write down the vision so that you can have frequent reminders of this goal and can also have something concrete to measure your progress.
3 - Create a system that is supportive for you. Don’t be overwhelmed by the size of a goal and end up not getting anything accomplished. Instead, break bigger goals up into chunks and set timeframes so that they’re easier to tackle. For example, instead of being overwhelmed by a lofty goal of writing a book, set out to create a system of writing a few pages a day so that you’re not overwhelmed by the bigger goal.
4 - Reward yourself. You are your greatest investment. Celebrate small successes as you go along the journey. It’s important to encourage yourself along the way.
5 - Enjoy life and have fun. Life can be such a rat race that it’s easy to get caught up in the doing that you never make time to enjoy the being.
- The 2016 Miami Broward Carnival Signature Events
- Miami Soul Labor Day weekend guide: AfroBeats Day Party, Day La Soul Day Party, The Jam 90's Party and more
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Amaris Jones' Sunday Remastered Dinner Party, Flow Fridays, and more
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Grit, Grits, and Glitter; Brunch on the Bay, Sigma Cookout, and more
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Lyric Live featuring Regina Belle, DanceAfrica Miami, Day La Soul day party, and more
- DanceAfrica Miami debuts August 5-7
- Miami Soul weekend guide: International Music Fest, Overtown Music Festival, Lyric Comedy Fest, and more
- 5 things to look forward to at the Overtown Music & Arts Festival
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Ankara Swim, Bobby Valentine Single Release party, Sounds of Little Haiti, and more
- Miami Soul 4th of July weekend guide: Afropolitan Miami, Afrikin, Day La Soul, and more