Inspire Many's Coach Cass' tips for making 2014 your best year
Coach Cass gives a sneak peak at what to expect at the fourth annual Inspire Many Resolutions Retreat this weekend.
It’s the New Year and a new you…right? This year is going to be your best year yet. You’ve worked on your vision board and have written down your goals for 2014, and you’re expecting great things to happen in 2014. Lose weight…check! Eat better…check! Make more money…check! Get another degree…check! Fall in love…well, that’s a work in progress.
As easy as it sounds, those New Year’s Resolutions we set at the beginning of the year often become a figment of our imaginations by the end of the year and you’re often left wondering what next. Even if your New Year’s Resolution is not to make any, the truth is that you still have expectations and goals you want to accomplish for the year but something always seems to interfere or life just gets in the way.
Before you run wild with 2014 with a dream and hope, Inspire Many’s Casandra “Coach Cass” Roache gives Noire Miami a sneak peak on getting the most out of 2014. You’ll have to get the best of her 'New Year’s, New You' advice at her Resolutions Retreat being held on Saturday, January 4th from 10am to 4pm at Global Grille (301 E Broward Blvd, Ft Lauderdale). This fourth annual retreat is a day of empowerment, peer-to-peer education, and vision planning and promises to catapult you to your next level. This year’s retreat is being co-presented by Black Enterprise. For more information and to register, visit resolutionsretreat.com.
Coach Cass’ Five Tips for 2014
1 - Set aside a time of personal reflection. Before you can set a vision for the new year it’s important to reflect on the past year and think about your successes, shortcomings, failures, disappointments, and areas of opportunities. Don’t make the mistake of moving forward without reflecting on where you’ve come from and how far you have left to go.
2 - Write down everything. Don’t give yourself that much credit to think that you can keep everything in your head. Write down the vision so that you can have frequent reminders of this goal and can also have something concrete to measure your progress.
3 - Create a system that is supportive for you. Don’t be overwhelmed by the size of a goal and end up not getting anything accomplished. Instead, break bigger goals up into chunks and set timeframes so that they’re easier to tackle. For example, instead of being overwhelmed by a lofty goal of writing a book, set out to create a system of writing a few pages a day so that you’re not overwhelmed by the bigger goal.
4 - Reward yourself. You are your greatest investment. Celebrate small successes as you go along the journey. It’s important to encourage yourself along the way.
5 - Enjoy life and have fun. Life can be such a rat race that it’s easy to get caught up in the doing that you never make time to enjoy the being.
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Tis the season for holiday parties
- Miami Soul on the Scene: Diner En Blanc Miami Debut
- Miami Soul on the Scene: Remy Rendezvous Art Basel yacht party
- Miami Soul Ultimate Black Basel Guide - Part 2: The party guide for Art Basel 2014
- Miami Soul Ultimate Black Basel Guide - Part 1: Soul Basel, Art Africa, Fusion MIA, and more at Art Basel 2014
- Miami Soul: Ultra chic pop-up dining, Diner en Blanc, makes Miami debut
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Miami Reggae Fest, The Reggae Social, and more events
- 3rd Annual Art of Transformation: A series of artistic events celebrating the revitalization of Opa-locka
- Miami Soul on the Scene: Oprah's The Life You Want weekend & Covergirl Breakfast Power Meetup
- Emeline Michel holds benefit concert to benefit school in Haiti